Another Scrapple Picture

Several lifetimes ago, after I got out of the Air Force in the early 70s, several of my buddies and I went to work in the Wilmington, DE area industrial plants to earn some money for college. Being from the South, scrapple was one of the dishes we had never heard of, let alone eaten.

Not bad, we said.

Our Louisiana equivalent would be boudin, a pork and rice sausage that is a Cajun/Creole delicacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudin

@jbrostek I was introduced to scrapple at age 4 in my Grandmother's kitchen in Astoria Queens. When I objected ,
my Uncle John , my Godfather and Hero told me, " That is what your Grandmother is making for breakfast . That is what you are eating. If you don't like it, that means more for me!"
Tomorrow , he and my Aunt Patty will join us for a breakfast of Eggs, Pancakes and Scrapple.

Manhammer, Don't knock it until you tried it.

It was not prevalent where my nana lived in Astoria, yet that doesn't mean much since the city was so diverse.

Thank you for letting me know. I think it might taste good. My in-laws are all hard headed Germans, & never heard them speak of scrapple.

Manhammer, Don't knock it until you tried it.
Very fair assertion Mike. Considering I've had haggis in Scotland and duck blood soup in Poland, scrapple shouldn't be that much of a leap. But the way folks were describing it sounded stomach turning.

If I ever get the chance to try this, I'll do so and report back (if I'm still alive).

That would be the connection. And the beauty of the city. I loved visiting, hated living there. I love me some green space, but not 3 hour drive to wallmart level of green space.

Very fair assertion Mike. Considering I've had haggis in Scotland and duck blood soup in Poland, scrapple shouldn't be that much of a leap. But the way folks were describing it sounded stomach turning.

If I ever get the chance to try this, I'll do so and report back (if I'm still alive).
Have you tried hog maw?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter