Another Question for DVC Members

pcparamedics01

DIS Veteran
You guys have a ton of points. Do most of you that take three vacations a year drive to your destinations of fly? Thanks in advance!

We had been flying but we're switching to driving with our next trip.

We drive at least two, maybe three times a year. It's a 14 hour drive for us. Flying takes almost as long and is much more costly.

Definitely fly. It's a quick (relatively) two and a half hour flight from Cleveland vs. I don't even want to know how long the drive would be.

We fly from Indy (2 hour flight) to Orlando at least 3 times a year - usually fly for around $100 to $150 round trip (I love Southwest, Northwest, and Airtran). Just booked some more fall flights for our kids with Southwest and they were $120.00 round trip (direct flights). We can fly cheaper than drive.

Hi Indiana Hoosiers. Back at ya. Question about SSR for you. We now member and our home is SSR. Tell me please about it? How is the noise from Downtown to SSR? We have not stayed here yet any info. will be helpful. Thanks :-)

We fly to Disney. We have driven a couple of times years ago. Even before DVC....... the past few trips we have managed to go twice a year. This year...we are going 3 times. Can't beat the SW fares from BWI

Hi Indiana Hoosiers. Back at ya. Question about SSR for you. We now member and our home is SSR. Tell me please about it? How is the noise from Downtown to SSR? We have not stayed here yet any info. will be helpful. Thanks :-)

We stayed at Congress Park directly across from DTD. No noise just Disney music. (Like, when you wish upon a star). It was soothing and relaxing. We had a fab view!!!My mom came with us and we sat out there until late hours and walked every night to DTD it was a nice walk and safe! We even walked back late after 12pm. We where out walking when the cleaning crew was out. It was just my Mom and I and we felt totally safe. I guess we did not want our vacation to end. The walk home was 5 minutes away to Congress Park. Really no noise. I thought it was great with the soothing music.

Many many years ago when we used to camp, we drove. Now we fly all the time. I figure the accommodations are "free" and we only have to buy passes at most once a year, so it doesn't sound that expensive (in my mind anyway LOL).

I usually take the train, but this year I'll fly, train, and drive for my trips.

I prefer the train and find it relaxing. (24 hours)

I hate to fly, but it's quick and for me, less expensive. (2.5 hours)

I don't mind the drive, as it's easy to take things home. We can stop when we want. It's not bad at all. (2 days?)

We used to drive it, a 14-hour drive, but now we fly. It's a little over 2 hours flight time from BWI to MCO.

We fly. We usually go once or twice a year and we usually stay for 10 days or more. Our upcoming trip in a few weeks is just for 1 week though.

We always fly! It's about 2.5 hours from Newark, NJ as opposed to about 20 some odd hours to drive. I'm not that patient haha.

As for how many times we take a trip a year, it always varies. We went 3 times last year and now we don't have any trips this year unfortunately. Next year my sister and I will be going in January, and my parents might go more towards the end of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter