another house painting thread

disykat

This person totally gets me
I know there are several others out there painting right now, so I'm hoping someone will want to "shoot the breeze" on this topic.

Anyone else rent a scaffold? I'm too chicken to go up past the four foot mark. I'm very thankful for my good friend who has painted with me the last two days to do the high parts! Anyone else with vaulted ceilings?

Anyone else stupid enough to paint their entire house at once? I already finished the bathrooms. This week I'm doing all the high ceiling'd rooms while I have the scaffold.

I don't know why I'm doing this - I could have easily worked these days instead and paid someone to paint (I substitute teach). For some reason though, I just wanted to do it myself! I must be a glutton for punishment.

We will be painting in July!! We just bought a home and I want to paint the whole inside. We are going to rent a tall latter since we also have some cathedral ceilings. I wanted to hire someone to paint those parts but Hubby says he will do it. Good luck to you and keep us informed how its comming!! :)

One of these days I will have to paint, but I have been fortunate and my Dad as completed all painting projects I have asked for....it is part of what he does for a living. I am hoping that he paints my living room while we are on vacation;) .

You are better than me....atleast you are helping with the painting. I will prepare the walls, but I don't think painting is my cup of tea.

Preparing the walls is the hardest part! I'm goint through rolls of that blue tape.

Tnkrbell, aside from the fact that I'm too scared to go up very high - the scaffolding works really well. I'm glad we did that rather than a ladder. Since it's 4 ft long, you can do quite a bit of wall area before having to get down and move it again. Really saves on the up and down business. It only costs about $20 for the week.

Well, I guess I'd better get to it...

we have vaulted celilings and I just used a ladder it didnt thrill me but it didnt bother me that much either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter