Another Day, Another Countdown... An August 2017 PTR *Updated 8/26 I'm back!*

Hello, friends! One month from today I’ll probably be quite exhausted, but up and at ‘em because there’s no sleeping at Disney! :faint: Or at least not as much as I typically require. On this day, I plan to head back to AK and try a little more of my luck at Pandora – hoping to may hit up FOP and Na’vi River Journey again – and some of my old favorites, especially Dinosaur.

100_2872-jpg.255427
Ahh, its getting so close. I am so infinitely excited for you!

Today will be my last full day, as my flight leaves the following day around 2pm. :sad: I still have over 3 weeks before my trip even begins and already I’m sad that it’ll soon end! I was discussing this very thing with @xlsm the other day. Does anyone else experience this!?
I'm sad and its not even my trip. Seriously though I try not to think about it. I had a trip a few years ago where I found myself consumed with how many days we'd been there and how few we had left. In the end I didn't enjoy myself as much. So now I try not to think about it and be in the moment as much as I humanly can

img_1569-jpg.255831

And 7DMT from 2:15-3:15pm. Notice I don't have a picture from here?! :laughing: Also notice how this is my very last FP on my very last day? Yeah… that’s no accident. :sick: I was so incredibly nauseated the first and only time I rode this a few years back, I haven’t done it since! I’ll truly be testing the Scopolamine here! ::yes::
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. If not just drink the nausea out later :-)

One more, and this is a super exciting one! @suse66 and I have been making plans to meet up as our trips will be overlapping. We actually have oddly the same itinerary planned for Wednesday, August 23 and have decided to meet up for drinks in Epcot! Possibly at Tutto Gusto. Now I know many of you have been here, so we're accepting drink recommendations. ::yes:: We're also both heading to MK later that night as well so we'll see what kind of fun we can find all around :thumbsup2
Awesome, so glad you two get to meet. Oddly I have no drink reccos at Tutto Gusto as we've never been, but if they have the same sangria as Via Napoli that is always a good bet

Quick Update!

And here you thought you were finally through with my nightly posts... :laughing: One more, and this is a super exciting one! @suse66 and I have been making plans to meet up as our trips will be overlapping. We actually have oddly the same itinerary planned for Wednesday, August 23 and have decided to meet up for drinks in Epcot! Possibly at Tutto Gusto. Now I know many of you have been here, so we're accepting drink recommendations. ::yes:: We're also both heading to MK later that night as well so we'll see what kind of fun we can find all around :thumbsup2
I am super excited about this as well! We will have fun I'm sure and only get into a moderate amount of trouble, lol! 24 days until I am back in my happy place!

Ahh, its getting so close. I am so infinitely excited for you!
Thank you!!! :goodvibes I always get super sad when my sister goes back home to England (and her flight left about an hour ago!)... but it definitely helps that I'm heading to Disney in just a couple weeks ::yes::

I'm sad and its not even my trip. Seriously though I try not to think about it. I had a trip a few years ago where I found myself consumed with how many days we'd been there and how few we had left. In the end I didn't enjoy myself as much. So now I try not to think about it and be in the moment as much as I humanly can
This is SO me! I try my hardest, too... but inevitably fail :rotfl:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. If not just drink the nausea out later :-)
That's the plan! :rotfl2:

Awesome, so glad you two get to meet. Oddly I have no drink reccos at Tutto Gusto as we've never been, but if they have the same sangria as Via Napoli that is always a good bet
What?! :scared1: :rotfl: We'll check out the sangria as an option if available! :thumbsup2

I am super excited about this as well! We will have fun I'm sure and only get into a moderate amount of trouble, lol! 24 days until I am back in my happy place!
YAY!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Come on, pkondz. I'm not entirely unreasonable. I think 5:30am should do it. :snooty:

1,000 apologies, my lady!

Not recently. I'll be sure to do so though.

And???

I'm pretty sure they throw you off the Dis if you don't. Am I right?

Right.

No. I don't. And, yikes! Glad you're okay after having survived the ride in the storm!

Actually, could've been worse.

The worst of it was over before I headed out.
Got a bit... damp, though.

Today will be my last full day,

boooooo!!!

I still have over 3 weeks before my trip even begins and already I’m sad that it’ll soon end!

Does anyone else experience this!?

Yup.

Hi, pretty lady! :wave2:

Haunted Mansion from 11:40am-12:40pm…

Excellent.

I can't tell if she's in character or just normal teenage angst.

Peter Pan’s Flight from 12:50-1:50pm…

Also excellent.

And 7DMT from 2:15-3:15pm. Notice I don't have a picture from here?! :laughing: Also notice how this is my very last FP on my very last day? Yeah… that’s no accident. :sick: I was so incredibly nauseated the first and only time I rode this a few years back, I haven’t done it since! I’ll truly be testing the Scopolamine here! ::yes::

Good luck!

Depending on how fast I recover… I mean excitedly jump from my ride vehicle exclaiming what a joy I now find coasters to be!...

:rolleyes2

(Side note: I was convinced for years I would name my future daughter Marceline, with Marcy as a nickname. I am now convinced my role is better served as Super Awesome Aunt Tracy, so it's up for grabs, folks! :laughing: But know that with this name gifting, you will have to appoint me fairy godmother of your child :wizard:)

Well, I'm past that stage now. Too bad you didn't tell me before I knew you.

Knee? Hopefully you won't have bandages on at the end of this trip.

Since this is my last day, I wanted to spend as much time at Epcot as possible.

I was going to say "Good choice."

But... really... any park is a good choice.

3 days until my sister comes home
4 days until the wedding (not my own, for anyone just tuning in! :laughing:)
1 week, 4 days until the semester is over
And 3 weeks, 5 days until Disney!

So this was written on the 24th... So sister's in town and the wedding's happened.
Hope all went well!

We actually have oddly the same itinerary planned for Wednesday, August 23 and have decided to meet up for drinks in Epcot!

Nice!

1,000 apologies, my lady!
You're forgiven.

I can't tell if she's in character or just normal teenage angst.
It could go either way. Maybe a bit of both?

Well, I'm past that stage now. Too bad you didn't tell me before I knew you.
Yes, too bad indeed! ::yes::

Knee? Hopefully you won't have bandages on at the end of this trip.
That's the plan! I mean, to not have bandages.

I was going to say "Good choice."

But... really... any park is a good choice.
Agreed! :thumbsup2

So this was written on the 24th... So sister's in town and the wedding's happened.
Hope all went well!
Sister was back in London yesterday morning :sad1: Wedding's happened. It was all lovely :goodvibes Thank you! :hug:

Life (and Disney) Update!

Hello, friends!

It’s official, though I’m still nearly two weeks out, I can technically say I’ll be at Disney next week! :lovestruc With that said, I have a few exciting updates. First off, my MagicBand arrived the weekend of the wedding! :hyper: I also received the highly coveted Scopolamine prescription, but yikes was that expensive! It cost $70 for 4 patches. I should only need two patches for this trip as they are supposed to last 3 days, so if you break it down by day, it’s only about $6 a day which I’d happily pay – and more! – if they actually work. Plus this should leave me with a couple patches for my next trip, without having to shell out more $. :thumbsup2

My mom's wedding was wonderful! :goodvibes And we all managed to survive sharing my mom and Frank’s 3 bedroom/2 bathroom house with 18 of our newest family members. :scared1: It helped immensely that they have a spacious and brand-new camper that sleeps an extra 8 people so my sisters and their families stayed with me in the camper that weekend and it was a big slumber party. The wedding itself was wonderful, too. And lasted all of about 5 minutes (which disappointed no one :laughing:) and we danced the night away. I took exactly two pictures all night… two selfies with my nephew on the party bus to the venue.

IMG_6145.jpg

During my sister's short visit, we managed to bebop around to a few places and this picture (with both my sisters) was taken at a winery near my mom’s house.

IMG_6162.jpg

I live in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York and the lake in the background is Keuka, one of the "fingers". The sister in the middle is Ashley, the expat, and the sister on the right is Kelly, the mother of my niece and nephew.

Ashley and her boyfriend flew back to London a few days ago and I’m going through my usual post-visit blues, but at least I have Disney to countdown to! Another exciting development... my course officially wrapped yesterday so I’m homework free for three glorious weeks until the next semester starts… 3 days after I return home from Disney. :sad2: Nothing says back to the post-Disney grind quite like going back to work and school on the same day :sad: At least I'll have Saturday and Sunday to transition!

Another exciting thing happened yesterday! My grandmother and I went to the Genesee Country Village and Museum, where we’ve gone every year at least once for as long as I can remember. We didn’t even realize it but it was Laura Ingalls Wilder weekend and Dean Butler – who played Almanzo Wilder on Little House on the Prairie – was there and gave an incredible talk about his time on the set of the show. What a fabulous guy he seems to be!

IMG_6179.jpg

And in case anyone needs a flash from the past, this is what he looked like on Little House. Anyone else grow up watching this show?! :cutie:

c7ac81b893fccac5ba15a88f43289cc1--fab-tv-little-houses.jpg

As always, thanks for joining me! :goodvibes

Up Next: Dismeets from Trips Past

It’s official, though I’m still nearly two weeks out, I can technically say I’ll be at Disney next week! :lovestruc

:dogdance::dogdance:

I had a brief moment of panic when I saw your signature ticker, because I thought it was my own, and I saw the "one week and..." and my stomach dropped thinking I'd REALLLLLY missed something :rotfl:

My mom's wedding was wonderful! :goodvibes And we all managed to survive sharing my mom and Frank’s 3 bedroom/2 bathroom house with 18 of our newest family members. :scared1:

Aw, I'm glad it went well...and holy cow! That's a LOT of people in one house!!

And lasted all of about 5 minutes

The best weddings are short wedding...with fun parties!

img_6162-jpg.259294

I live in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York and the lake in the background is Keuka, one of the "fingers". The sister in the middle is Ashley, the expat, and the sister on the right is Kelly, the mother of my niece and nephew.

Beautiful!!

We didn’t even realize it but it was Laura Ingalls Wilder weekend and Dean Butler – who played Almanzo Wilder on Little House on the Prairie – was there and gave an incredible talk about his time on the set of the show. What a fabulous guy he seems to be!

Ah!! How fun!! That's a cool surprise to get!

I had a brief moment of panic when I saw your signature ticker, because I thought it was my own, and I saw the "one week and..." and my stomach dropped thinking I'd REALLLLLY missed something :rotfl:
:laughing: I've done this, too! ::yes::

That's a LOT of people in one house!!
It was. It really was. :upsidedow

The best weddings are short wedding...with fun parties!
You got that right!

Beautiful!!

Ah!! How fun!! That's a cool surprise to get!
It really was awesome! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your Mom's wedding. Looks like you all had a great weekend!!! I'm sure it was tough to say cheerio to your sister, but like you said you have Disney next week!!!!

Totally fan girling over Almonzo over here. Little House my was favorite show as a kid and to this day if I see a rerun on I will watch it. Awesome coup!

Hello, friends!

Hi! :wave2:

It’s official, though I’m still nearly two weeks out, I can technically say I’ll be at Disney next week!

Woot!

First off, my MagicBand arrived the weekend of the wedding! :hyper:

Which had you more excited? The band or the wedding?

I also received the highly coveted Scopolamine prescription, but yikes was that expensive! It cost $70 for 4 patches.

Ouch!

I should only need two patches for this trip as they are supposed to last 3 days, so if you break it down by day, it’s only about $6 a day which I’d happily pay – and more! – if they actually work.

I hope they do!

My mom's wedding was wonderful!

Great! Glad to hear that!

And we all managed to survive sharing my mom and Frank’s 3 bedroom/2 bathroom house with 18 of our newest family members.

Holy crap!

and we danced the night away

Sounds like a really nice time. :)

I took exactly two pictures all night… two selfies with my nephew on the party bus to the venue.

No, that's a good thing. It means you were busy having a good time instead of snapping photos.

During my sister's short visit, we managed to bebop around to a few places and this picture (with both my sisters) was taken at a winery near my mom’s house.

Oh! That sounds like a really nice outing.

Another exciting development... my course officially wrapped yesterday so I’m homework free for three glorious weeks until the next semester starts…

Yes! <virtual high five>

Nothing says back to the post-Disney grind quite like going back to work and school on the same day :sad:

Ouch. That's gonna.... well... suck.

Another exciting thing happened yesterday! My grandmother and I went to the Genesee Country Village and Museum, where we’ve gone every year at least once for as long as I can remember. We didn’t even realize it but it was Laura Ingalls Wilder weekend and Dean Butler – who played Almanzo Wilder on Little House on the Prairie – was there and gave an incredible talk about his time on the set of the show. What a fabulous guy he seems to be!

Cool!

Anyone else grow up watching this show?! :cutie:

c7ac81b893fccac5ba15a88f43289cc1-fab-tv-little-houses-jpg.259299

Recognize him... but I never watched it. Just wasn't into it.

Congrats on your Mom's wedding. Looks like you all had a great weekend!!!
Thank you! We really did :goodvibes

I'm sure it was tough to say cheerio to your sister, but like you said you have Disney next week!!!!
Thank goodness! Now for trying to figure out a post-Disney consolation prize... :laughing:

Totally fan girling over Almonzo over here.
Right?!?!?!

Which had you more excited? The band or the wedding?
:rotfl:

I hope they do!
Fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

No, that's a good thing. It means you were busy having a good time instead of snapping photos.
Exactly. Sometimes you just gotta take the moments in ::yes::

Yes! <virtual high five>
Thank you!

Ouch. That's gonna.... well... suck.
Yeah... my thoughts exactly :sad2:

Congrats on the wedding and visit with your sister(s)!!
if they actually work
IT will! My nausea is crazy and I ride everything on those patches...well, I'll admit rides like Transformers at Universal still make me sick, but I ride them anyways. LOL!

So now that I've finally finished all of my TRs, I've got some time to make the rounds to everyone else's! So I spent the afternoon catching up on your PTR now that you are less than two weeks from your trip.

Yay for getting an AP! I'm probably going to do that next year as I think I'm going to be going 3 times in 2018, January (hoping we can meet up), December and either Feb, Mar or Oct. Yep that last trip is a bit all over the place at the moment! I'm really excited to have an AP again especially now that Memory Maker is included.

I'm a little late to the ball game but I thought I would throw in my favorite places to eat solo.

At HS I like Sci Fi or Mama Melrose. I know you said you were underwhelmed by Sci Fi but I love the fact that there is a large screen to watch. It doesn't matter to me that the same clips have been showing over and over since the restaurant opened. I've done MM a few time solo and never felt awkward. I'm a little leery to try 50s Prime Time solo because I'm such an introvert but I do love eating there with Jim. I did do Hollywood and Vine dinner solo once but that was hard with the buffet and the characters and trying to get photos.

At MK, the Plaza is my go to solo restaurant. I'm not sure what I will do in the future though now that they don't take as many reservations there. I think it's mostly walk ups now and I hate wasting time waiting if I can avoid it. I've done all three meals at BOG solo and was fine with those. I also did Tony's once but was so underwhelmed by the food I doubt I'll go back any time soon.

At Epcot, Coral Reef is my favorite solo destination. I love the fact that there is entertainment while you eat with the big aquarium windows. I've also eaten solo at Tutto Italia (interesting because it was early lunch, pretty much empty and the waiters seriously hovered over me the whole time, I couldn't take a sip of my drink without one of them running over to refill my glass), Rose and Crown (no issues there), Le Cellier (also no issues other than a noticeable decline in food quality over the years), and Garden Grill (character meals solo are hard although this one wasn't as bad since it's not a buffet).

I just realized that I've never done a solo table service meal at AK. Probably because Flame Tree is such a favorite and I almost always end up eating there. I do think that Tusker House would be hard with the characters and buffet. Yak and Yeti would probably be fine.

OK, that's enough rambling from me! Can't wait to read all about your trip when you get back and also hear about your January plans to see if we match up at all.

Congrats on the wedding and visit with your sister(s)!!
Thank you! It was really a great time :goodvibes

IT will! My nausea is crazy and I ride everything on those patches...well, I'll admit rides like Transformers at Universal still make me sick, but I ride them anyways. LOL!
I am so happy to hear you say this. :hyper: As I said, I'm happy to shell out the $ for the patches, so long as they work! ::yes:: And I'm really hoping my experiences on them are just as good as yours! :thumbsup2

I'm probably going to do that next year
YAY!!! :hyper:

January (hoping we can meet up)
You and me both!!!

I'm really excited to have an AP again especially now that Memory Maker is included.
I'm so excited about this part, as I've never done the photos before.

I know you said you were underwhelmed by Sci Fi but I love the fact that there is a large screen to watch.
I really was underwhelmed by my last visit, but I've enjoyed it before when I wasn't solo, so maybe I'll save this restaurant for when I'm not solo. The clips are the best, aren't they?! And maybe I just had a fluke experience too, who knows!

At MK, the Plaza is my go to solo restaurant.
I may keep this in mind if I need a spontaneous sit down at MK - thanks! :thumbsup2 Sometimes you just need to take a load off and relax for a bit ::yes::

At Epcot, Coral Reef is my favorite solo destination.
Oooh! I never considered this one but I don't know why - it looks amazing!

I couldn't take a sip of my drink without one of them running over to refill my glass),
:rotfl:

Le Cellier (also no issues other than a noticeable decline in food quality over the years)
I'm anxious for this ADR. I read for years and years about this restaurant and it was always a place I really, really wanted to try someday. This was back before the moose was removed from the dessert menu :sad2: I'm gonna go for the cheddar cheese soup and mac and cheese for sure! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read all about your trip when you get back and also hear about your January plans to see if we match up at all.
Thank you! :goodvibes I'm very anxious to make my January trip official! I'm 99% sure I'll be going, but need to figure out what the rest of my family is doing as well. Either way, I'm hoping to meet up! Might be a good excuse to break away from the family for a bit to have a little adult time ;):laughing: What are your dates again? I think I have them written down... somewhere :laughing: But probably easier to just ask again! If our dates overlap, I'm happy to be flexible with my plans. Having my dedicated solo trip in August and likely another in May, my January trip will likely be catered around my family, so I'd happily hop to where you are for a bit of a break ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!