Another AKL question

scottygirl

Real Scottish Princess
We are a family of five and I have booked two nights at the AKL and 4 nights at YC. I have read that the best viewing is from the 3rd and 4th floors at AKL. However in the Deluxe Savanna rooms which sleep 5, it looks like these rooms are only on the 5th floor. Is this correct? I am forced to pay a lot more for a room and I won't be able to see the animals as well? Doesn't make sense to me.

While I can't speak from personal experience about the 5th floor's view, I don't think you'll have a problem. You should be able to see plenty from your room.

When we were at AKL, I requested a lower floor and got the 2nd floor (the lowest guest room floor). I wanted to be a close as possible to the animals. Just my personal preference though. Of course, it wasn't a deluxe savannah room either.

Have fun!

I have heard some complaints about rooms on the 3rd floor-view being blocked by trees, etc.

You would probably enjoy a 5th floor room because you will not have people above you making noise.

I wouldn't worry about not being able to see the animals. You'll be fine.

We've stayed in a Deluxe Savannah View, 5th Floor room at AKL twice and had great views. The first time we were on Kudu Trail and the second we were on Zebra Trail...both overlooking the Arusha Savannah. I liked the view from the Kudu Trail Room better (seemed to be a few more animals) but the location of the Zebra Trail room better (easier access to food court & pool). I don't think you'll have any problem seeing lots of animals.

Hi there...

I had a 5th floor room and the view was wonderful... you can see further out into the savanna over the tree tops...

The only time you can't see an animal is if it is right under a tree.. then you see it's legs..

From a lower floor you could probably see the whole animal but you can't see out into the savanna over the trees like on 5.

It is a trade off...all floors have great views for different reasons... but seriously the view was glorious from 5.

I have some photos of our stay on my website link below.. if you want to have a look.

>>^..^<<

I've also stayed 5th floor (though not deluxe room) and had no complaints about the view. You don't see the animals eye-to-eye, but you can see a lot farther. In our case we could watch the giraffes walk all the way from their pens to their feeding areas right below our room.

A valid complaint would be that the deluxe rooms are a lot more expensive and only a little bigger. But with 5, you don't have a choice.

We've stayed on every floor and it is all perspective. The lower floors give closer views but animals in the distance may not be seen at all. Higher floors may not give you as close or personal of view but when no animal is in your immediate vicinity you still have an opportunity to see them in the (not to far) distance. It's all perspective and I sometimes wih people would quit puting the 'better' or 'worse' tags on so many things...It's great no matter what!!!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter