Annual reading challenge 2018- Join in on the Fun

I am doing ok, I am trying to squeeze in at least one chapter a day. LOL But this is one book that is really bad.

Do audible books count

It's just reading with your ears! I say count it!

I am doing ok, I am trying to squeeze in at least one chapter a day. LOL But this is one book that is really bad.

I have gotten to the point that I will abandon a book if it's not doing it for me. There are just too many others to read!

But this is one book that is really bad.

What book is that? I want to know so I can avoid it. Finishing "Beach House Memories", by Mary Alice Monroe I think. I was very interested in all the Sea Turtle information-the relationship with Russell, not really a fan.

What book is that? I want to know so I can avoid it. Finishing "Beach House Memories", by Mary Alice Monroe I think. I was very interested in all the Sea Turtle information-the relationship with Russell, not really a fan.
His Darling Bride.....I am listening to this thing. Only 7 more chapters LOL

It's just reading with your ears! I say count it!

I have gotten to the point that I will abandon a book if it's not doing it for me. There are just too many others to read!
I am not giving it up. But this audible book needs to speed read....LOL

I really liked this book as well! Very good read!

Just picked up the sequel. Looking forward to reading it also.

Because of this thread I went and renewed my library card. I’m not even sure when it expired lol

I had a bad habit of returning books late and racked up quite a tab on late fees. I’ve decided to stick to ebooks but I already miss holding a physical book. We’ll see how it goes..

My library is between home & work so convenient. I renew everything online when close to due date or just put in drop box if I'm finished with the book. I reserve most all my books online so only go in the building when they come in, lol. They need a drive thru...

Looks like several years between the books. This one is supposed to be following up on Jamie (Belle's son).

Title is: Glory Over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House

Just put in a request. Thanks!

1) Slow Horses by Mick Herron - british spy thriller very good
2) Aurora Rising (The Prefect) - Alastair Reynolds

Ok, I finally finished this one book. I am so thankful my misery is over for it.

His Darling Bride...
Bethany Darling doesn’t kiss men at first sight…until she falls into the arms of a handsome cowboy bartender.

A mysterious stranger, Mike helps scare off Bethany’s obnoxious ex-boyfriend. Mike’s touch feels like coming home. But Bethany’s so not interested. Between stalled-out dreams of becoming a painter, troubles reconnecting with her sprawling foster family, and the happy chaos of her sister’s upcoming wedding, Bethany’s already in over her head. But each time she and Mike stumble across each other in small-town Chandlerville…sparks fly.

A famous photographer hiding under a Stetson, Mike Taylor recognizes Bethany as a kindred artistic spirit. Together they rekindle her passion for painting—and she inspires him in unexpected, undeniable ways. Then when Mike’s own past threatens to tear apart his present, Bethany becomes his safe place to turn.

I am on to the next one. Christmas Cocoa which I did start and it is a good read so far.

Hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far this year.

Finished my first book of 2018!

1/30: The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory. It's (chronologically) the first of her set about the wives of Henry VIII. This one is about Katherine of Aragon, his first wife. I enjoy most of her novels and this one did not disappoint.

Is it to late to join in? I do most of my reading over the summer sitting by the pool with the kids but I will commit to 24 books for the year although it will probably be more than that.

I have one down and my second almost done.

#1 Seduction by James Patterson
I am a huge fan of the series and this one was not a disappointment.

#2 of 50

The Cellar by Natasha Preston
Nothing ever happens in the town of Long Thorpe – that is, until sixteen-year-old Summer Robinson disappears without a trace. No family or police investigation can track her down. Spending months inside the cellar of her kidnapper with several other girls, Summer learns of Colin’s abusive past, and his thoughts of his victims being his family…his perfect, pure flowers. But flowers can’t survive long cut off from the sun, and time is running out….

#1 of 10

Countdown by Frank Borman and Robert J. Serling

Autobiography of astronaut Frank Borman commander of Gemini 7 and Apollo 8. Interesting man!!

2/52

Just Mercy - A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson. Non-fiction. It was a hard read. I had to read a couple chapters and then take a break because of the intense nature of what he was dealing with. Covers thirty years of his representing the poor in the south. He worked primarily with death penalty cases and life in prison sentences for juveniles. He ends his story in 2013 and the book was published in 2014. But I found this quote to be particular powerful for today's political climate.

"The true measure of our character is how we treat the poor, the disfavored, the accused, the incarcerated, and the condemned. We are all implicated when we allow other people to be mistreated. An absence of compassion can corrupt the decency of a community, a state, a nation. Fear and anger can make us vindictive and abusive, unjust and unfair, until we all suffer from the absence of mercy and we condemn ourselves as much as we victimize others. . . I believe it's necessary to recognize that we all need mercy, we all need justice, and -- perhaps -- we all need some measure of unmerited grace."

Last edited:
Just finished #3/20: Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

Haven't read a Jodi Picoult book in quite awhile. Didn't have an ebooks that I had on hold available and this one was. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Had some twists and the end. It's basically about a young girl searching for her mother, who either ran off or was dead. The family lived on an elephant sanctuary so there was a lot of information about elephants and how they grief intertwined into the story. Very well done.

#2 - Portrait in Death by JD Robb

I tend to read series. So you will see me posting a lot of In Death books by JD Robb. I have another 33 to go until I am caught up with this series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter