Annual Pass Q?

DesertBell

<font color=deeppink>Planning is almost as much fu
We're going to DL in March for 5-7 days. (Booked at the Parkveiw Inn for five, but can still change it!) We were thinking of getting annual passes instead of a five day parkhopper, because we figure that way we can spend an extra two days, maybe just DH and I can go during the summer, and then take the kids in early-mid december to see the Christmas lights. (We live in Arizona, it's about an 8 hour drive.)
My question is, if we buy them in November, are they good November 2006- November 2007? Or are they good from January to December? Because if I can't use them in December I might not get the APs. I looked at the Disneyland website, but I couldn't tell.
Thank you!

They are good for 365 days, not a calendar year. If you will be going back for a couple days later in the year, it is worth getting the AP. We have a deluxe AP and get 10% off most food purchases--it really adds up.

Where did you book your 5 day park hopper? If with Walt DIsney COmpany and such, dont change it!!!

AP dont get EE or Mickey morning Madness... just get the AP on the last day of your visit by doing the trade in like ppl say... so AP cost - 5 day park hopper... :)

Thank you! I guess that means I should buy the passes in January or February. Do you know how long they take to send them out?

Oh, cool! THanks, Albort! I wouldn't have even thought of that. :goodvibes

Early Entry is offered to select Guests of the Disneyland® Resort on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays 1 hour prior to scheduled park opening.

Eligible Guests include:

Pre-arrival domestic Guests who have purchased 3+ day hopper tickets.
Japanese market Guests who have purchased 2+ day hopper bonus tickets.
Tourist in-market Guests who have purchased 3+ day hopper tickets from local hotels or visitor centers.
Tourist outer market Guests (San Diego, LA) who have purchased 2 day hoppers.

sorry, i just realized you cant get Mickey's morning madness... unless you book it through Walt Disney company... online ticket seems less, but i dunno if you get it o not either... i think its best to book it through Walt Disney company...

Any time I've bought tickets or renewed my passes, they mail them out very quick. I'm in Northern CA and I usually get my items in 2-3 days.

You can order online or some Disney Stores have the vouchers. Either way, the clock doesn't start until the day you activate in the parks.

If you are going to get the APs I would upgrade as soon as you use your EE option on your hoppers. That way you can make use of your dining discounts the rest of your trip.

you didn't specify which ones you were planning on getting, but only the premium will allow you to go in every day including busy times in december. The other ones are blocked out various dates with all having block out dates in december.

We were planning on getting the deluxe aps. I know that there are a bunch of blockout dates, but I was looking at this years calender, and assuming that next years calender will be similiar, we'd be able to go the week or so before Christmas. When do they decorate for Christmas at DL? When do they take the decorations down? Would my brilliant plan work, or is this another of my schemes that isn't as bright as it sounds? (That happens a lot.)

Wait, so a socal person can get in an hour early if they buy a 3+ day pass, but I can't get in early with my Deluxe AP and southern californian address? Thats lame :( I pay more anyway (if you want to count in food, and shopping each time I go :P)

The dates should be similar next year. The christmas decorations are usually up by the first weekend in November (2nd at the latest) and continue through the first full weekend in January usually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter