Annual pass/Power Pass Question

nthis4fun

Earning My Ears
We are going to US/IOA in May and we're going to get annual passes since we will be there 10 days. My question: I need 4 passes. Would it make sense to buy one of the $159 annual passes that includes the free parking, discount at restaurants, etc. and get the other annual pass - the $99 one - for the rest of us? Has anyone ever done this? Some thoughts and opinions please!! Thanks!

Oh, how much is parking now?

The biggest question you have to ask yourself. Will the blackout dates matter? If they won't then it would make sense to get the power pass.

I think parking is $7.
If you are not going during the black out dates another option is a regular seasonal pass, it still offers the discounts. I paid about $145 last Nov.

It isn't called a season pass anymore. It is now called an annual power pass. It has almost the same discount as an annual pass except for the free parking. It is only $100.00 with the annual pass at $160.00.

I think it sounds like a good plan to get one regular and then the rest Power passes...IF the parking is something you have to worry about, you'll save the $7 each day by doing that...so it might make up for the extra cost.

I didn't realize the Power Pass had the same discounts as the regular annual, but that's what people are saying...hmmm.

Karen

Here are the benifits that are listed on the website:

Annual Pass:
Free Self Parking each time you visit
Free use of the Kennels on the day of your visit
Free admission to select Special Events such as Mardi Gras
10% savings on single day passes for up to 6 people in your party
45% savings on behind-the-scenes VIP Tours
20% savings at Merchandise Stores and Carts

Annual Power Pass:
Valid for both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida
For blackout dates;
Summer Weekends (for 2002):

June 29/30
July 6/7, 13/14, 20/21, 27/28
August 3/4, 10/11
Christmas:

December 24,2002 - January 1, 2003
Easter/Spring Break 2003:

April 13-26, 2003

Park-to-Park Access
Self-Parking is NOT included
NO Discounts on food, merchandise or on-site hotels
Not valid for hard ticket events (i.e. Rock the Universe or Halloween Horror Nights)
Universal Express applicable

I guess I should have looked before I said it might be the same.

robert could you let me know the beb site so i can have a look thanks margaret:wave:

This is the info I received from the annual pass office when I emailed them. PS you have to read it from the bottom up, lol!

The dates that apply for the Power Pass will be all the summer weekends Saturday & Sunday from June 29, 2002 thru August 11, 2002. Christmas break December 24, 2002 thru January 1, 2003 and Spring break April 13, 2003 thru April 26, 2003. These are the only dates that I have right now. Also, the Power pass doesn't have any benefits or discounts like you have with the Seasonal. Have a good one. Maria

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 8:30 PM
To: Rosa Cruz, Maria (UO)
Subject: Re: Blackout date questions

Hello Maria!

Thank you for your response! One more question. What are the blackout dates for the "power pass"?

Thanks again!!
----- Original Message -----
To: 'patriv@attglobal.net'
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 3:36 PM
Subject: RE: Blackout date questions

The dates for the Seasonal pass for 2002 are March 30 - April 13 Easter. June 1 - August 13 Summer. December 24 - January 1, 2003. The Power pass is very different from your pass and has other stipulations and dates. If you need any further assistance please contact us via e-mail or at 1-800-564-5764. Have a great day.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 2:07 AM
To: annualpass@universalorlando.com
Subject: Blackout date questions

Hello!

Could you please tell me the blackout dates for this year for the seasonal pass? I'm assuming the dates are the same for the new "Power Pass"?

Thanks! You guys are awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter