annual pass and dining plan?

I'll try to share what I know. The dining plan can only be purchased as part of a Magic Your Way package. I do not believe AP's are a ticket option for MYW packages.
If you do not already have an AP:
You must purchase the package with any ticket. Then you may upgrade that ticket to an AP.

If you already have your AP:
You still must purchase a ticket, probably 1 day base, and save it to apply its value to either renewal of your AP or any type of upgrade.

This provides good info: http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm#credpass

We're booked under the free dining in September & we are planning on upgrading the One Day MYW ticket we had to purchase with our package to an AP once we head to the parks. I think if you already have an AP, you can save the One Day MYW ticket that you must purchase with the dining plan & use it at a later date. :thumbsup2

Actually we are booked for Sept. but I have old 7 day park hoppers from before MYW and was considering upgrading them to AP. I just like to confuse myself I think. lol.

Hi ... We have annual passes. The dining plan must be booked with at least a one day MYW ticket for each person in your room. That ticket can be used towards the purchase of your next annual pass :goodvibes

All you need is one, one day ticket per family member to add a dining plan for 5 days? Just wondering because i may get AP's this trip, and use them at Christmas...and we wanted to stay 5 days and use the AP's...thanks for the info! i had not really thought about it until i saw the thread...

LIZ

You are correct, you need to purchase only a one day park ticket to be able to purchase (or get free in the right time period) 5 days of dining--or whatever your length of stay is. The key is that you DO NOT use that ticket to enter a park if you have an AP or are planning to use the one day ticket to upgrade to the AP.

If you do not already have an AP, you can take your ticket and upgrade right away. If you already have an AP, you save the ticket till you are at the time to renew.

The only other way you can work the AP and DDP is if you are a DVC member (or renter) staying at a DVC resort on points. For DVC stays, a ticket purchase is not required in order to purchase the dining plan. Of course, the free dining plan does not apply to DVC members using points.

Since you already have an old park hopper, and you would like an AP, here's what I would do:

Book the package with a 1 day base ticket. Apply the 1 day base ticket and the 7 day hopper towards the AP price. That way you have the package and AP. Do this at a guest relations outside of the park or at DTD. I find the GR at DTD is best for this - they can get the ticket out of your room key and make it into a paper ticket, which they can then use the numbers of that to apply to the purchase of an AP.

Don't use your ticket to go into the park until you've upgraded it to an AP. Wait until you get your AP, then go into the park.

No disrespect intended. However, after doing extensive research on the whole upgrade process I believe they will only allow one ticket per guest to be used toward an upgrade; they will not combine more than one toward the purchase of one.

This is from allears Ticket FAQ section:

"You will only be allowed to apply one old ticket to each new one you get. You cannot take five old tickets each with a day on them and apply them all to one new MYW ticket/AP/PAP. If you were getting 5 new tickets then you could use all five of the old ones."

Here is a link to the whole page: http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm#credpass

None taken, 3princessmom.

The way I read the rule was this:
The old park hoppers would be granted the dollar credit, but the new 1 day base ticket would be considered an upgrade. So technically, the old hoppers would just have their value counted towards the AP while the 1 day ticket is the one they base the upgrade on. So if the 1 day ticket is worth $60 and the old PH is valued at $24, then $84 would be counted towards the AP price.

That's how I was told by a CM at DTD (not that he couldn't be wrong). We were renewing our APs at the end of May and I asked him the very same question. We had an old PH that still had 2 pluses on it, and I asked him if I could get the credit from the old PH, add the 1 day base ticket and add my discount for next year's AP renewal. The CM said yes, they would be able to do that.

I understand your logic. This definitely muddies the waters for me...???

Anybody out there have either firsthand experience on trading in tickets for upgrade OR a CM who can speak with "authority"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter