Animal Kingdom - Jambo

kathyperry58

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are headed to WDW this fall for an adult only vacation. Just moved our reservation from the Boardwalk Villas (our home resort) to the Animal Kingdom Jambo house. We're staying in a 1 bdr savannah view villa, though we know that the rooms at Kidani are bigger. DH wanted to stay at Jambo house based on our visit last year when we ate at Jiko and had a fabulous time. We both fell in love with the atmosphere.

Just curious what Savannah view is the best to request? I already requested Arusha, but wasn't sure if Sunset would be better. I've heard that its smart to bring binoculars and a insect repellant candle for the balcony.

We won't have a car, (2nd time without) but will need to grocery shop. Not much for the mail order grocery companies because it seems like the delivery charges are more than if you just took a taxi. We both really like to make our own selections. Just wondering how expensive a taxi would be to from Animal Kingdom to a near by grocery store (Publix, Walmart or Target).

Thanks to any Animal Kingdom experts that can help us out...

I have had all three savanna views at Jambo. All are good. Our favorite request is Arusha savanna view along Zebra trail. That is the side of the building that the restaurants and pool are on, views are good, and most of the rooms face toward the west (ones near lobby face north), thus avoiding blinding sun in the morning but getting pleasant sunsets in the evening. Note, if you ask for Arusha (or Sunset), do not ask for close to lobby; those rooms have some of the weaker views (Uzima savanna has no savanna view rooms close to the lobby). Having binoculars is a good idea. We have not had insect problems on the balconies.

We usually have a car and go to the Publix which is about a seven to ten minute drive (as the crow flies it is less than a mile but driving you have to go in the other direction first and it is about 4 miles with multiple lights once you hit the main drag). The Target is basically across the street from the Publix. Not sure of cost of cab to grocery store, but it is hard to get into a cab at a resort and go anywhere and pay less than $15.

We go to the Super Target. The Publix always seems to be a mad house! I don't shop for groceries at Target at home. I am particular. I going the selection at Target to be generally better unless you are looking for fresh deli meats. The deli counter at Publix is so slow so we skip the lunch meats anyway. I believe is a liquor store near the Target too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter