And so it begins...countdown to Oct 2018

Ceilidhscot

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

Just booked Disney Florida vacation and starting to plan what we would like to see / do when we're there. There's 3 of us, DH myself and DD who will be 8 when we go.

DH and I have been to a couple of Disney parks (Anaheim back in 1998, Paris about 2002 and Disneyland Hong Kong a couple of years later). This year we're taking DD to DLP which will be her first real trip to the parks (she visited the Disney village at DLP when she was a toddler).

Have just booked a trip to Florida for next year. DH wanted to go to New York so we're splitting the hol with 3 nights there followed by 10 nights at the Disneyland Port Orleans Riverside. Had wanted the French Quarter but that was fully booked for the dates we needed to go.

Think I'm more excited that the other two and will be the one planning everything (DH tends to go with the flow and if left to him we'd just amble round the parks with no set direction!).

We've got the Disney dining (quick service) so am waiting to see what outlets will be included in the 2018 list then think about sit down restaurants for occasional meals. I assume you have to book those even for Disney Springs? (would like to do the Trex place as looks fun!).

Quick question - we've got a 14 day pass with the quick meals but as we're only there 10 nights does that mean we have an extra 4 days worth of credits we could use? E.g. 8 snack credits each as was hoping to use those to buy some sweets for DD school friends and family.

Anyway, just saying hi and no doubt I'll have questions to ask as the months go by!

Hi,
I'm new to this as well! I spotted your username...a hint of Scottish in there? I'm from Scotland! You'll have a fab time and you're wee one will just be so excited. I think I was about that age when I first went to Florida and absolutely brilliant age to go.
I think the quick service plan is only valid for the number of days that you are staying in the hotel. So your 14 day pass (i'm assuming the 14 days for price of 7 ticket?) is only related to actually getting into the parks.
I think you're meal credits expire at midnight the night before you check out so if you're hanging around that last day before flying off you'll have to pay for food normally. Hope that's all right but i've looked into it for a trip i'm doing this year and I believe that's how it works!

Hi Bopsie!

Yeah, I'm Scottish - stay in Dunfermline (though originally from East Lothian and moved over when I got married). DH is from Edinburgh but houses were cheaper in Fife lol!

Thanks for the info re: tickets / Disney dining. Firs time time we've stayed on-site Disney (even at DLP we stayed at the Dream Castle feeder hotel so not quite on site).

Are u staying on-site? When are you going? We're going to DL Paris in October (had booked that ages ago and will be a dry run for our daughter to gauge what she might like to do next year). I've told her I'm going on Haunted Mansion with or without her as love that! She'll also get to see the Halloween decorations at both locations which should be fun.

Are you going with friends / family? Always wanted to go but my dad worked shifts as a kid so never had the opportunity (he was a firefighter) so now my DD is old enough to remember, thought why not!

On my mobile so apologies for spelling errors!
Hi! What a small world, I'm from Kirkcaldy!
I'm going solo in September this year. First time and very excited! It's funny I have a friend who is going oct 2018 with her husband and daughter for the first time and for a second I thought this was her
I've been 5 times before but always with family and never stayed on site. This time I'm on Disney property for th whole time. I've never been Halloween time either so really excited for halloween party and for food and wine festival!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!