And Another AKV Construction Question

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
A friend and I will be at AKV 12/9 - 12/15 in a standard view studio. I am now starting to get really paranoid about the construction. :confused: I always return to my resort midday to unwind, nap, relax, swim, whatever. I really don't want construction noise to upset that plan . . . BUT, I knew this before I booked, so I can't whine about it. Just thought it wouldn't be that big a deal until I started reading all the construction threads on here. (DH just rolled his eyes at me and said too much available information can be a bad thing - I'm beginning to agree with him:rolleyes1 ) I have us waitlisted for BWV, but I have no idea what my chances are. I'm seriously thinking about just rebooking with OKW. At least then I would have a regular bed for myself. It's just the OKW rooms don't look near as exciting as the new AKV rooms. :guilty:

Anyone care to give his/her opinion? I have stayed at both AKL and BWV so I know they are nice properties. But I have never stayed at OKW. The thought of having my own bed and not having to pull out a sofa bed every night does sound tempting, but I'm not sure the condo feel is my thing.

Would someone please make up my mind for me. :goodvibes

The construction is only during the daytime - so it should not be a big deal unless you will be in the room all day - and even then, only of the construction is near your villa.

IMO, the warning is just that. Most DVC villas at AKV will not be affected by the construction - especially in December.

Enjoy your stay! :)

We`re going the same time, I`ve no worries about construction noise, I`m not saying we won`t hear anything but I don`t expect it to be intrusive.
I just think Disney handle these things so well, I don`t think they`ll let the work become a problem for any of the guests.
AKV - here we come!

We`re going the same time, I`ve no worries about construction noise, I`m not saying we won`t hear anything but I don`t expect it to be intrusive.
I just think Disney handle these things so well, I don`t think they`ll let the work become a problem for any of the guests.
AKV - here we come!

I agree. :cool1:

I agree. We don't spend too much daytime hours at the resort, so we're not too concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter