An open letter to Disney about mandatory room checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the next time you visit Disney, how do you plan to deal with these room checks?

1. I agree with the new policy, I won't do anything different.
2. I disagree with the new policy and will ___________________.
3. Something else.

#2. I will let my wife deal with it. If she gets upset - OMG. But it will take a lot for her to become upset. I will take detailed notes.

Subtotal so far

1. two votes
2. four votes
3. three votes
4. dangerous 1 item. LOL

Welcome Home

Number 2 for me and I'll stay off-site. In fairness i would likely stay off-site anyway but I always check Disney pricing and now I won't bother.

2. I disagree with this policy, and am curious to see how it evolves over time. I have a while before my next trip so as of yet I have no plans on doing anything differently. I still plan to stay on property, but if my experience is negatively disrupted due to this policy, I will take whatever action I feel is appropriate at that time, ie speaking with the front desk, lodging a complainglt, speaking with housekeeping, etc.

So, the next time you visit Disney, how do you plan to deal with these room checks?

3. Something else.

3. I can't say that I agree, or disagree because I don't know the reasons for it. I returned today from six nights at BWV, and was not bothered by the checks at all. We only saw housekeeping once when they called and asked if it was convenient for them to check the room.

I know there are pages and pages of this discussion, but it was absolutely a non-issue for us.

Real life report-no problems with room checks. Did have daily room service at both Poly Studio and YC CL room and they never came at an inconvenient time.

Number 1. I would hate to see something horrible like Las Vegas happen anywhere and other hotel chains have taken this stance, too. Pretty easy for them to incorporate this into mousekeeping, which I notice very little when I’ve been there.

This just fascinates me...because I believe it does NOTHING to stop a potential “Las Vegas” event. Someone with evil intent can hide dangerous things in their luggage, which is not being searched when a Disney employee is in the room...or even better, they could hide dangerous things in the trunk of their car, which could be parked mere feet from their room. So I guess I just don’t get people’s mindsets that this will prevent horrible events such as Las Vegas...what am I missing here??!!

This just fascinates me...because I believe it does NOTHING to stop a potential “Las Vegas” event. Someone with evil intent can hide dangerous things in their luggage, which is not being searched when a Disney employee is in the room...or even better, they could hide dangerous things in the trunk of their car, which could be parked mere feet from their room. So I guess I just don’t get people’s mindsets that this will prevent horrible events such as Las Vegas...what am I missing here??!!

If you were planning on doing something evil and needed a hotel room as a base, would your first pick be a resort that does daily room checks or somewhere that does not? That is where I think the deterrent is.

If you were planning on doing something evil and needed a hotel room as a base, would your first pick be a resort that does daily room checks or somewhere that does not? That is where I think the deterrent is.
I agree with that mentality though there are inherent flaws in how they are doing the checks including the hours however it's been said many times over that not all guests are even aware of the new policy. I suppose googling "does disney do room checks" would pull up results but I cannot even begin to guess how one researches places if they are planning something awful.

Completely understand your viewpoint and I agree this isn’t 100% guarantee this could prevent something. Of course, there are many other ways bad things could happen at places like WDW. But room checks just don’t bother me...

Last edited:
# 2,
I was a devoted on site guest but because of this policy and the degradation of services (Housekeeping, buses) and the unwarranted price increases I am now OFF SITE.

~NM

This just fascinates me...because I believe it does NOTHING to stop a potential “Las Vegas” event.
You never know. Apparently the Pulse shooter had intended to hit Disney Slrings, but changed his plan due to the amount of police and security presence.

3. Something else.

2. For the first time since 2007 we will not be taking our annual 2 week December Orlando vacation. Disney will not get any of our money. We will monitor how this policy plays out over the next year or two.

3. Something else.

First half of #2, second half of #1 (and changing the comma to a semicolon because it's a run-on sentence :lmao:).

"I disagree with the new policy; I won't do anything different."

3. Something else.

#2 disagree but doesn’t really bother me. I have room service come in every day anyway, so I don’t know how would be different. I will complain though if it is intrusive during a downtime

#2 disagree but doesn’t really bother me. I have room service come in every day anyway, so I don’t know how would be different. I will complain though if it is intrusive during a downtime

Although I hesitate to give Disney ANY ideas, I just can’t help myself.

new “customer service” idea

Order room service, avoid security check wake up/disturbance

These room inspections/trash removal are pretty much a joke at the DVC resorts that we have stayed in. At one resort the trash person was a new hire who was told to come get our trash. At another resort, they came in and took the kitchen trash and didn't go into the bedrooms. At another, we put the trash buy the door, they picked it up and didn't enter the room. I get the impression that this is very awkward for the CM's who are just doing what they are told.

:earsboy: Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!