Amorette's Cake Decorating Experience

2013Frozen

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Thoughts on overall experience and value? DD is 10 and loves to bake. Not even sure if it will be available in 2018.

Thanks so much!

We're interested in doing this experience as well~ my DD15 loves to bake as well and has taken some cake decorating classes. I know she would love it. I've been watching and they have added reservations through most of December. I'm watching to see if they continue to add. It seems like it fills up, so hopefully they will continue with it!

Disney Food Blog had a review of it. I have to run or I'd link, but it definitely looked like something I would LOVE to do if they extend it into 2018.

Okay. I lied, because it took 3 seconds for me to google and find it. You can find the review here. They really enjoyed their experience and it made me more excited for the possible opportunity to take part.

Hello, all. Back, as promised, to share our review of the class. In a word, it was AMAZING!

My husband and I did the class together this morning. Neither of us has an artistic bone in our body, and we loved it! The drinks are plentiful, and the instructors are really great and patient. We learned a lot listening to them, and we're really proud of our finished cake. This was a great way to spend a morning -- and a terrific value. For $129, we got the experience of the class, a cake to take home and four adult beverages between us. Plus we sampled other little bites there, including hot cocoa.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It's really awesome! (PS -- sorry the ears are crooked. My Mickey is a little off center, just like me!)
IMG_4193-1.JPG

Hello, all. Back, as promised, to share our review of the class. In a word, it was AMAZING!

My husband and I did the class together this morning. Neither of us has an artistic bone in our body, and we loved it! The drinks are plentiful, and the instructors are really great and patient. We learned a lot listening to them, and we're really proud of our finished cake. This was a great way to spend a morning -- and a terrific value. For $129, we got the experience of the class, a cake to take home and four adult beverages between us. Plus we sampled other little bites there, including hot cocoa.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It's really awesome! (PS -- sorry the ears are crooked. My Mickey is a little off center, just like me!)
View attachment 271304

Thank you so much for reporting back! You look like you had fun. :D Were the cakes chocolate? I'm crossing my fingers that I might have the opportunity to to do this in January, but I'm not a chocolate cake person.

I was looking to book this for December, but no spots are showing up online, for any date between now & Dec 21. Is this one of those that you have to book as soon as it opens? Can every day really be booked? Or do you think it is a website glitch & I should call? Thanks!

Do you think the cake could be taken home on a plane?

Looks awesome. I would love to do this my daughter!

I was looking to book this for December, but no spots are showing up online, for any date between now & Dec 21. Is this one of those that you have to book as soon as it opens? Can every day really be booked? Or do you think it is a website glitch & I should call? Thanks!

Probably fully booked. There's only 12 spots in each class and only one class a day.

I'm doing this experience in October on one of the days that's specified as featuring the "season cake." Has anyone decorated the seasonal cake? What was that like?

We did this last July and we really enjoyed it. However, we wished we had more of the cake making aspect. ( I know that would be difficult). My daughter is in the culinary academy at her high school and that was her only disappointment.

The cakes are Chocolate on top of Chocolate with a little fondant and buttercream in between.

Do you think the cake could be taken home on a plane?

Looks awesome. I would love to do this my daughter!

I personally wouldn't recommend taking it on a plane. We live an hour away from the world and the cake got soft in an air conditioned car. I would try to plan it early enough in your trip to eat as much as possible before you check out. Just keep in mind the cake is really rich but very good.

Just booked a class for me and my friend in September. I'm so excited! Anyone know what the gift is that they give you?

We did this last July and we really enjoyed it. However, we wished we had more of the cake making aspect. ( I know that would be difficult). My daughter is in the culinary academy at her high school and that was her only disappointment.

The cakes are Chocolate on top of Chocolate with a little fondant and buttercream in between.

I personally wouldn't recommend taking it on a plane. We live an hour away from the world and the cake got soft in an air conditioned car. I would try to plan it early enough in your trip to eat as much as possible before you check out. Just keep in mind the cake is really rich but very good.
Would the cake fit in one of the fridges at a moderate resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter