AmazonPrimeNow to Boardwalk...a couple questions

MommyBryn

DIS Veteran
Considering Prime Now is not available in my part of the country, this will be my first time using it. We save a significant amount over Garden Grocer (which we've used in the past). But I have a few questions about how it works.

Initially I planned to place my order sometime on our flight over (it's 6 hours so we've got time LOL), but no later than landing at MCO. However, I've been reading sometimes there aren't any delivery slots left by then. So what I'm curious about is if before I pay, in the checkout process will it show me available delivery times? Is it best to order late the night before? How does the checkout process differ from regular Amazon?

Also, I'm curious about resort fees. I keep reading so many different things, and I know someone usually advises to just call the resort and ask, but I've even had different answers doing it THAT way in the past so I just wondered about experiences- was there a charge for receiving the packages at Boardwalk Villas?

Considering Prime Now is not available in my part of the country, this will be my first time using it. We save a significant amount over Garden Grocer (which we've used in the past). But I have a few questions about how it works.

Initially I planned to place my order sometime on our flight over (it's 6 hours so we've got time LOL), but no later than landing at MCO. However, I've been reading sometimes there aren't any delivery slots left by then. So what I'm curious about is if before I pay, in the checkout process will it show me available delivery times? Is it best to order late the night before? How does the checkout process differ from regular Amazon?

Also, I'm curious about resort fees. I keep reading so many different things, and I know someone usually advises to just call the resort and ask, but I've even had different answers doing it THAT way in the past so I just wondered about experiences- was there a charge for receiving the packages at Boardwalk Villas?

When I stayed at Fort Wilderness back in Oct we used Prime Now and there was no charge for Prime Now. I believe the package charges are things that come from UPS and Fedex etc, Prime Now is a local delivery driver. We used to use GG but found their prices have skyrocketed.

With Prime Now you can order the up to the day before, that's what we did. I ordered on a Thur for Friday delivery and had a choice of every 2 hours delivery window. But I have read about a lot of people ordering from the plane and had it waiting when they arrived. My only concern there would be if the plane didn't have wifi due to an issue.

this is good info- I want to place an order too and will do it the night before!

Isn't Prime Now a 2-hour window? Most people that have done it on this board have everything in their cart and when they land at MCO, order the items which then arrives roughly the same time they do to the resort.

Package charges vary. Some places charge it, some don't. There was a flyer somewhere that said they would start charging everywhere last year, but again, some do, some don't.

Has anyone used Prime Now at the Dolphin or Swan? Was there a fee?
In the past I have done Staples same day delivery for cases of water or Amazon Prime Pantry for park snack and drinks. Do either of these still work?

I just used Prime Now last week. No charges and it was held at bell services for me. The refrigerated items were kept cold until they delivered to my room later that day.

Has anyone used Prime Now at the Dolphin or Swan? Was there a fee?
In the past I have done Staples same day delivery for cases of water or Amazon Prime Pantry for park snack and drinks. Do either of these still work?
I believe someone over on the Dolphin thread answered this....I think you have to be there to accept the delivery (?)

Isn't Prime Now a 2-hour window? Most people that have done it on this board have everything in their cart and when they land at MCO, order the items which then arrives roughly the same time they do to the resort.

Package charges vary. Some places charge it, some don't. There was a flyer somewhere that said they would start charging everywhere last year, but again, some do, some don't.

Correct, Prime Now has you choose a 2 hour delivery window.

Any WDW owned/operated resort should be charging for package delivery, not courier delivery. So anything that comes via UPS/FedEx/USPS should be charged a $5 per package fee. Anything that comes via courier, IE Prime Now, Garden Grocer, etc, should be accepted by Bell Services for no fee (just remember to tip). People were sending so many boxes down in advance they were running out of space to store them at the hotel and now store them at a warehouse and then bring them over when requested (or so I was told). The grocery orders that come via courier are expected to be picked up within a few hours of delivery.

I have ordered Prime Now to Boardwalk my last two visits. No problems and no fees. This is treated as bags dropped to bell services, not something arriving UPS through the business center, which applies a charge.

Look into Instacart too! More options available than Prime Now and depending on what store you order from, can be the same as in-store pricing. We'll be doing Publix via Instacart for our trip!

Is there a minimum you have to buy? I just need like 4 to 6 things, also do they deliver to VGF and Poly Villas

Is there a minimum you have to buy? I just need like 4 to 6 things, also do they deliver to VGF and Poly Villas

There is a minimum amount, around $20 I think. And a suggested tip. We have used it several times at AKL,BLT,BCV, so I would think they deliver all over.

We had one little glitch with our last trip, for a few weeks I was adding/ subtracting things to my cart. The night before I had it all set up. I had figured when we got to our room, I'd click buy.

We got to our room and I was ready to order and items were missing. It seems that Saturday morning, every can of diet pepsi/ diet coke left the planet. So I needed to figure out what we wanted instead. We don't like soda with cherries/ limes/ whatever flavoring. We wanted to bring cans to the parks. $1 for three cans of soda, is so much better that $3.75 for the equivalent of one can plus ice.

Next time, I would order it the night before and if they run out, at least I'm still home and not wasting park time making a new list.

I am a amazon. Driver. .... lots of people put there phone number in the notes or put call me when you get to the hotel so they dont have to tip the hotel staff on top of my tip. The bags have ice packs or dry ice they stay cold for a long time. The. Delivery blocks are in evens, 2-4, 4-6 etc so if you are ordering at at 3pm it can be deliered 4-6 its cut off about 15 mins till the start of a block.

What type of items do you have delivered? I’m thinking about getting bottled water, tea. I’ll be in a resort room, just fridge and coffee maker. Don’t know if they deliver cold items, like hard boiled eggs, etc? I’d love pre made salads

What type of items do you have delivered? I’m thinking about getting bottled water, tea. I’ll be in a resort room, just fridge and coffee maker. Don’t know if they deliver cold items, like hard boiled eggs, etc? I’d love pre made salads

We ordered full-on groceries! LOL Milk, orange juice, creamer, bread, cereal, bagels, cheese, butter, sandwich meats, fruit, yogurt, granola bars, fruit snacks, water bottles...you name it. I didn't look into things like hard boiled eggs, but the definitely delivered cold items. If we weren't travelling I'd have totally made use of their cold bags at home!

It turned out really great, and aside from our initial order that we placed on the flight down (6 hour flight plus layovers so plenty of time), we ended up ordering two more times while we were there! We were in a Grand Villa with a lot of people so we went through food quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!