Amazon prime shipping

kymom99

DIS Veteran
I ordered something for my son on Prime Day. Originally it said it would arrive today. Now it says tomorrow or Saturday. The crazy thing is, the tracking says it arrived at 4:30 AM this morning at the facility that is literally 3-5 miles from here. I'm wondering why it's going to take so long to make it to us. Anyone have any experience with this?

I ordered a few items, including an add-on (which requires a $25 total order to ship.

That's the only thing that's shipped so far. By itself.

Oh, and I specifically selected "as few shipments as possible" since I'm not in a hurry for any of it.

I bought 3 stuffingless dog toys, a selfie stick, and a pair of running gloves. It all could have fit into a shoebox with room to spare. Last night I found a box that was at least 5 ft long outside the front door. Inside were the 5 items and some filler paper. Crazy.

We ordered a really expensive animation tablet for my son for college and a lifeguard whistle. It arrived in a 2 1/2 foot box with no filler or padding (the tablet is only 16 inches long). Even though the tablet was in it's own box it easily could have been thrown around. The whistle was out of its plastic bag just floating around by itself. The plastic bag was obviously ripped with a finger. You can tell the stick your finger in the plastic tear down look. I called Amazon and told them this is ridiculous. They are sending another whistle. They made note on the tablet. It is returnable within 30 days under their warranty. I wanted it documented and I told the lady they need to check the center that is filling these orders! I have considered dropping prime this year. We don't watch the movies or anything. And, you can still get free shipping if you combine orders.

It seems at least 50% of the time my "free two day shipping for prime members" takes four days or longer, just the same as when i used to order >25$ in the past and get free shipping without prime. Now there are other big box competitors offering free shipping ( and oftentimes better prices) than Amazon that get to me just as fast. And now you've gone up to $119 a year, no thanks. I'm letting my prime membership drop when it expires. The movies (not many winners there) and music are not worth the expense to me personally. I'll get nextflix and get movies i actually want to watch.

I have had Prime for about 5.5 years. Shipping has gotten worse since they started using their own drivers; never had issues when it was Smart Post or FedEx. when my order does not arrive in 2 days I usually call and they extend my membership by a month. I earn a lot of free Amazon gift cards through my company health and wellness program so will likely continue to keep Prime.

I ordered 4 items on Monday around 9AM and they were delivered before noon on Tuesday.

Remember to let them know if shipping takes more than the 2 days promised. They'll credit your account with a free month of Prime.

I got all my stuff from Prime day on Wednesday and then yesterday. Some of it had 1 day shipping, surprisingly. I have noticed that their tracking system is really out of whack sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter