Amazon Prime Now for groceries to our resort

CanadianAli

Mouseketeer
We have used either Garden Grocer or Orlando Grocery Express in the past (both fine, but expensive) or our stock of breakfast stuff and snacks for the room. Has anyone from Canada used Amazon Prime Now for the delivery instead? How is it? Cheaper? When do you order?

Any and all advice/help to decide welcome!

I have, I created an amazon.com account, used the 30 day free prime trial and ordered once we got to the hotel for evening delivery. When we got back from the park I went by the check in to pick it up and it was already delivered to our room. I think they added a $5 charge to the room.

One odd thing for us. This was last May so it might have changed since. But you need to put a phone number in the order and my Montreal number wouldn’t work. And land line number wouldn’t work either, it’s to send a text confirmation of delivery and call if there are issues. It took the art of animation folk like 15min to find someone who could help because none of them are allowed to have their phones on them. They did help out and we were very greatful.

I have, I created an amazon.com account, used the 30 day free prime trial and ordered once we got to the hotel for evening delivery. When we got back from the park I went by the check in to pick it up and it was already delivered to our room. I think they added a $5 charge to the room.

One odd thing for us. This was last May so it might have changed since. But you need to put a phone number in the order and my Montreal number wouldn’t work. And land line number wouldn’t work either, it’s to send a text confirmation of delivery and call if there are issues. It took the art of animation folk like 15min to find someone who could help because none of them are allowed to have their phones on them. They did help out and we were very greatful.

I have an Amazon.com account and order from them a few times a year (delivery in Mtl or to my patents’ condo in FLL) and I always receive a text medsage from them. My regional code is 514 and I’m with Virgin.

Thank you Isabella, looks like my .com account was in weird limbo where it had my cellphone for 2 step verification but not on the account for txt notifications. Additionally, here on the .com page I was able to choose Canada and 514 before saving.

However it got me thinking and I went to primenow.amazon.com and sur enough I can’t same my 514 number. I’ve tried it straight up, I’ve tried with the 1 I’ve tried with the +1. I’ll check with their customer service and report back

I got my reply back

Hello Benoit,

This is Britney from Prime Now. I am sorry for any frustration or inconvenience this has caused with the phone number. Unfortunately, due to where our drivers might not be able to call international numbers, Prime Now will only accept United States phone numbers on the orders.

However, if you do not have any other numbers you are able to use. You can try to download mobile text applications that will create a free US based number. Those apps would allow you to receive messages and calls from the app.

I hope this helps. I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for being a Prime member.

Best regards,
Britney S.
Amazon Prime Now Customer Service

Interesting all around. The phone number issue is kind of a pain in the butt. I might wind up sticking with GG or Orlando Grocery Express just for the ease.

I appreciate all the info! If someone has a recent experience before I head down in May, I'd love to hear it!

This might work for you. When we travel to the US, we always do the A T & T data plans for our iPads(can also do with iPhone). You would need the appropriate A T & T micro sims(got ours from eBay). When you set up the plan, you get a US phone number.

I just did a Prime trial yesterday to order stuff from .com to be delivered at my parents’ condo in Fort Lauderdale and I received a text from Amazon to tell me my order was on its way and should be delivered later today. It was sent on my 514 number here in Montreal (I’m with Virgin). Now I need to remember cancelling my Prime membership on the .com site...

I just did a Prime trial yesterday to order stuff from .com to be delivered at my parents’ condo in Fort Lauderdale and I received a text from Amazon to tell me my order was on its way and should be delivered later today. It was sent on my 514 number here in Montreal (I’m with Virgin). Now I need to remember cancelling my Prime membership on the .com site...
I have a couple of pre-paid Visa cards that i let get down to a very small amount that i will attach to accounts like this so that if i forget to cancel the membership/subscription all that will happen is getting a nasty email telling me to update my payment card :P Heck i currently have the same card with $4.50 on it attached to 4 accounts!!!

I don’t think the issue is with amazon prime but with amazon prime now app (different app)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter