Am I going crazy?

Hoopfamily

We're just 3 Caballeros trying to find our way.
i am planning my May 2018 trip. My ADR date is early November. I feel like I haven’t had this issue in past trips, but how am I supposed to make my ADRs when the park hours aren’t out and I don’t know which park I’ll be in which day at what time? Have they always announced the park hours in the same timeline or have I been glossing over this in the past?

Its a 180 day rolling window and when you log in at your 180 day mark you'll see 180+10 for hours.
Keep in mind those hours are likely to change only a couple weeks out.

Yes- plan for park hour adjustments. Especially PPO breakfasts- we've had a few MK PPO ADR's and then a month before they open an hour earlier- crushing our PPO ADR advantage.

i am planning my May 2018 trip. My ADR date is early November. I feel like I haven’t had this issue in past trips, but how am I supposed to make my ADRs when the park hours aren’t out and I don’t know which park I’ll be in which day at what time? Have they always announced the park hours in the same timeline or have I been glossing over this in the past?
Unfortunately something we all have to deal with and try and adjust as plans change.

I used past calendars to get an idea and I didn't book any PPO breakfasts at 180 days. I have one now, but I know I might have to cancel it, so I have a back up plan.

This is why people make so many ADRs. It's really annoying, but what can you do? Good luck, OP!

You are not going crazy. A base calendar of hours used to be released prior to 180.

Now you just sort of have to guess.

I did not see 180+ when I logged in to book. I have heard this mentioned but not sure where you go to get that info.

You are not going crazy. A base calendar of hours used to be released prior to 180.

Now you just sort of have to guess.

I did not see 180+ when I logged in to book. I have heard this mentioned but not sure where you go to get that info.

IF STAYING ONSITE on your 180 day mark you should be able to log in and then see +10 for park hours. Disney at least recognizes that you kinda have to be able to see that info when allowing you to book ADR's 180+10.

I can't see 180+ for park hours either. Today is my second 180 day mark this week (split stay) and both times the hours only go up to the exact 180 day (for example, today I can see up to April 11). Not sure if I'm looking in the wrong spot?

When people say that the hours are likely to change, it doesn't mean that every single day will change, drastically.

It just means that some of the parks might change an hour here or there. Of course, you don't know which days may change.

The biggest problem, already mentioned here are PPO breakfasts. And while they can be an advantage, I (me personally) believe that the advantage is overstated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter