"Alyssa lies", what a heart breaking song

2angelsinheaven

Loves making dreams come true!
I had heard the tail end of this song the other day on the radio and got a link to it today in an email. The lyrics are so sad and I can't understand how anyone could hurt a child. Have you heard this one?

My little girl met a new friend,
just the other day,
on the playground at school
between the tires and the swings

But she came home with tear-filled eyes,
and she said to me "Daddy, Alyssa lies"

Well I just brushed it off at first,
'cause I didn't know how much my little girl had been hurt
or the things she had seen.
I wasn't ready when I said "You can tell me"

and she said...

"Alyssa lies to the classroom,
Alyssa lies everyday at school,
Alyssa lies to the teachers
as she tries to cover every bruise"

My little girl laid her head down that night to go to sleep.
As I stepped out the room, I heard her say a prayer so soft and sweet
"God bless my mom and my Dad
and my new friend, Alyssa
I know she needs you bad

Because Alyssa lies to the classroom,
Alyssa lies everyday at school,
Alyssa lies to the teachers
as she tries to cover every bruise"

(bridge)

I had the worst night of sleep in years
as I tried to think of a way to calm her fears
I knew just what it was I had to do
but when we got to school on Monday I heard the news

My little girl asked me why everybody looked so sad
the lump in my throat grew bigger
with every question that she asked.
Until I felt the tears run down my face
and I told her that Alyssa wouldn't be at school today

'Cause she doesn't lie in the classroom
she doesn't lie anymore at school
Alyssa lies with Jesus
because there's nothin' anyone would do

Tears filled my eyes when my little girl asked me why
Alyssa lies
Daddy tell me why
Alyssa lies

OMG I SOBBED the first time I heard that song. It is absolutely heartbreaking but it sends such a powerful message.

OK -- for the record -- if I have a student w/repeated bruises, I am required by State to call Child Protective Services. I have had to do this twice w/the same student this past year. I'm doing everything in my power to help this child ... but there's only so much that I can do. I have to rely on Child Protective Services to do their job, too.

It is a sad song and too many kids are beaten, mistreated, etc. Yes, people are afraid to step in and be wrong ... but isn't it better to be wrong than to know that you didn't do anything?!

So you know, you DO NOT have to identify yourself to CPS and, as teachers, we've been told to tell CPS that we fear for the child's safety. Those key words are what usually gets CPS to act fast.

I usually just change the station b/c that song just breaks me up.:guilty: As a madatory reporter, I have seen too many cases of abuse that I have reported....I even had my oldest son's best friend in my care until his parents moved out of state - they used to beat him with his step mom's high heel shoes.

I hate people that hurt children......I hope they go straight to hell.:sad1:

I also have worked where I witnessed child abuse, it's a terrible terrible thing. Not that hurting an adult is any better, but my god, an innocent child! The place I worked for housed 45 neglected and abused girls from ages 6-17 and the stories and cases I heard there would blow your mind. And the sad part, the part that really broke my heart was that these kids still loved the ones that mistreated them and made excused for them. :o(

Please if you ever hear of something please report it, it takes 2 seconds of your time. I know sometimes children say things when it's not true to hurt a parent and sometimes those who really are crying out for help aren't getting help because people fear that they might wrongly accuse a friend, neighbor, etc. Do it anyhow, it would be better to have them fight the system then to find out it was true and you did nothing to prevent it.

Godbless all the little angels dealing with this everyday.

I have to turn the song off because I only listen to the radio while driving. NOT good to be crying while driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter