alopecia areata

JKMJ441724

Um, I'm going to go with "NO."
My nearly four year old son's hair has been coming out. We went to the pediatrician's office and she said that we would start with the simplest explanation and has given him medication for a fungal infection.

But my brother also has the condition and I am convinced he has alopecia. You want their world to be perfect and I know how mean kids can be. I hate the thought of him going through life without hair.

This condition is not painful and I know there are LOTS of WORSE things he could have, but I am still devestated.

I am so sorry.. and you are right kids can be cruel... I hope it turns out to be something else and that his hair grows back...

Please know that this board is a place that we come to talk about things in our lives that are upsetting and this is upsetting to you and your son. I am glad it is not painful but it is still upsetting... We are here to listen....whenever.

well, let's hope it a fungal infection. A few weeks of treatment would make him good as new. :hug: Here's a hug for your little buddy.

It is wonderful to have such great imaginary friends.

Thanks to all of you guys who have sent well wishes and prayers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter