AllStar Sport Room Question (maybe applies to all of AllStars)

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I posted this in the main thread and did not get any responses. I apologize if it should not be seperate.

I called to request a king bed and they cannot not give it to me because the guests for this particular room will be a mom, dad and child that is 18 (adult). So, we have two rooms that will need an air mattress (twin). Where are we to place it? Closer to the bathroom? Closer to the door? Move the table and chairs? I have never been in a value room so I just have no idea what space is like.

Rooms with a king bed have room occupancy of just 2 guests (plus a child under age 3). They provide a sleeping space for every guest booked into the room. I'm confused why you need a twin air mattress if you have 2 rooms booked? Are there more in your party than the 3 mentioned (mom, dad, 18-yr-old)? You'll have 4 queen-sized beds between the 2 rooms, or possibly a king in 1 room and 2 queens in the other. But be aware king bed is just a request at the value resorts, it isn't guaranteed.

As to where to place the air mattress, my family hasn't traveled with one but I believe there is enough space between the bed and the window. It may be tight but should fit. Others should be able to comment where they have placed an air mattress in a value resort.

Enjoy your vacation!

Rooms with a king bed have room occupancy of just 2 guests (plus a child under age 3). They provide a sleeping space for every guest booked into the room. I'm confused why you need a twin air mattress if you have 2 rooms booked? Are there more in your party than the 3 mentioned (mom, dad, 18-yr-old)? You'll have 4 queen-sized beds between the 2 rooms, or possibly a king in 1 room and 2 queens in the other. But be aware king bed is just a request at the value resorts, it isn't guaranteed.

As to where to place the air mattress, my family hasn't traveled with one but I believe there is enough space between the bed and the window. It may be tight but should fit. Others should be able to comment where they have placed an air mattress in a value resort.

Enjoy your vacation!

Unless Disney does not know what they offer, the rooms are listed as having full-size beds, not queen. A double bed is the same as a full. Two adults in a full is tight. Some can sleep comfortable that way, but they are bigger and will not be able to.

2017-09-20_10-39-15.jpg

Pop has upgraded to queens, the All Stars have not as yet.

But her post was otherwise accurate. They will not book 3 into a King room at a Value, unless the third fits in a P&P.

Unless Disney does not know what they offer, the rooms have full-size beds, not queen. Two adults in a full is tight. Some can sleep comfortable that way, but they are bigger and will not be able to.

View attachment 270911

My apologies, I had just been reading the Pop refurb thread and had queens on my mind! :headache:
Yes, it's 2 full beds per room, but you said you have 2 rooms booked so that is a total of 4 beds and only 3 guests so I'm still confused why you need an air mattress?

My apologies, I had just been reading the Pop refurb thread and had queens on my mind! :headache:
Yes, it's 2 full beds per room, but you said you have 2 rooms booked so that is a total of 4 beds and only 3 guests so I'm still confused why you need an air mattress?

Our party is 19 people total. A room for each family, so 7 rooms total. Some have small kids that can sleep with mom and dad, some have only 2 adults, etc.... but 2 of the rooms are 3 adults in a room.

Pop has upgraded to queens, the All Stars have not as yet.

But her post was otherwise accurate. They will not book 3 into a King room at a Value, unless the third fits in a P&P.

Thanks for the reply. I dont have an issue with the policy and that is not even the base of my question. I just really want to know what spacing is like to use a twin air mattress. :)

We did twin air mattress a few years ago (had boy/girl teens that could not share 2nd bed). It fit.. Tight and at night you are kicking the mattress en route to the bathroom. But it worked for our situation

I posted this in the main thread and did not get any responses. I apologize if it should not be seperate.

I called to request a king bed and they cannot not give it to me because the guests for this particular room will be a mom, dad and child that is 18 (adult). So, we have two rooms that will need an air mattress (twin). Where are we to place it? Closer to the bathroom? Closer to the door? Move the table and chairs? I have never been in a value room so I just have no idea what space is like.
Move the table and chairs. That will work. Or - under the window by the door. It will make a room crowded regardless of where you put it - but it will fit.

They won't put 3 people in a room that has an occupancy limit of 2 people at any resort on Disney Property.

Air mattress will probably fit best in front of the window, possibly kitty corner toward the table/chairs with one end toward the door.

Twin will fit at AllStars, it will not fit in the renovated rooms at POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter