All signed up for AK moonlight magic -- who else is attending?

I am trying to book for 5/16, but its telling me I have wrong reservation number of member number. Does the reservation have to be a DVC reservation? I couldn't find anything for the night of 5/16 but paid for a room at Pop Century instead. The details only says "Disney resort reservation" so I assumed a cash room would qualify. Anyone know if I'm wrong? Thanks

I believe any on Disney property reservation will qualify, as long as it was done by 2/7/18. Also, did you purchase DVC prior to April 2016? That's a requirement as well. If so, then you should call MS & let them know you are having problems & they will look into it.. However, be prepared for a long wait time!

Wait times were a little better this afternoon. Had to call in because the DVC reservation number we had was booked with a resale member ID.

I'm attending on May 16!! This is the first time I've been able to do one of these ... I never seem to be there on the right dates.
Also looking forward to to the outdoor kitchens in Epcot for Flower and Garden Fest .. and if they wind up doing previews for Toy Story Land? That would be the perfect trifecta!

Worked unexpectedly perfect for me. Opened the link at 7:58 CST to have everything ready and it was already live. Got one error stating that my member number or reservation number didn't match their records. It was because I put an extra digit in my member number. Booked for March 21 in a matter of seconds.

I don’t really know what to expect, but I think it will be magical!
If you do a youtube search for moonlight magic animal kingdom it should bring up a couple videos of last years event. It does look magical! Unique character meets, free refreshments and small assortment of food ( i think chicken nuggets and hot dogs), dance party with the characters -- free Mickey ice cream bars!!! And it seems last year they were given out these light up mugs i think tied to going to rivers of light viewing. We can't wait!!!

We will be attending on April 17th, hope our girls can stay up for it since it will be towards the end of our vacation and they might be tired out by then.

We are going!!! Staying at VWL!!! So excited. Hoping we can all stay awake as it is our first day there and we will have been up since 4:30am

Last edited:
Booked for 3/21 also. Hoping for Rivers of Light. Wondering if Pandora will be open and what attractions will be available.

Excited to extend our Darkside challenge weekend by a couple days to attend on the 17th. Almost as excited that through stalking/waitlisting we’re trying out a Copper Creek studio for four nights. :banana:

We’ll be at Copper Creek too! So excited to check it out.

We are also going for the Darkside challenge weekend, and AK moonlight magic, and were able to grab a couple nights in a Copper Creek studio, we are so incredibly excited to check out this resort!

Booked for 3/21 also. Hoping for Rivers of Light. Wondering if Pandora will be open and what attractions will be available.
For the 2017 Moonlight Magic Event at DAK: Pandora was OPEN and there were 2 performances of RoL. The Safari closed an hour or two before the event ended and no performances of FotLK. I believe that all rides not closed for refurb were open.

Finally got booked for May 16th. Told my family we are gonna eat Mickey bars until we can no longer stand after nearly 2 hrs on hold to book it!

Don't hype the Mickey bars too much! At the MK event last week, they only had ice cream in 1 location and it was no where near where we were spending our time. So, we only made the hike back there (Barnstormer area) once though we had intended to eat Mickey Bars until we exploded! lol The rest of the food was plentiful and easy to get, though. So, we didn't go hungry.

Don't hype the Mickey bars too much! At the MK event last week, they only had ice cream in 1 location and it was no where near where we were spending our time.
During the Moonlight Magic Event at DAK in 2017, the ice cream was only available at Creature Comforts (Starbucks). The location was only open for ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!