All questions about 5X Rewards here...

Has anyone gotten any bonus postcards lately? I haven't had one since 1st quarter (or maybe it was even 4th quarter last year) and it was only 3x rewards :(

I would like to know this as well. I would very much like a postcard offer.

For those who have gotten them in the past, how far in advance of the promotion start date do you receive the flyer? Meaning, if the promotion is for 5x points for the months of July-August-September when will they send out of the offers to the lucky few card members?

Another (more general) questions: Without a promotion does the % vary by type of store or is it an across the board 1% in points for all purchases?

Another (more general) questions: Without a promotion does the % vary by type of store or is it an across the board 1% in points for all purchases?

It is 1% accross the board unless you have a special promotion.

The current promotion runs 4/15 - 7/15. I have not seen one for past this yet. Some times the promotion actully comes after the period has started, sometimes it is a couple weeks before.

It is 1% accross the board unless you have a special promotion.

The current promotion runs 4/15 - 7/15. I have not seen one for past this yet. Some times the promotion actully comes after the period has started, sometimes it is a couple weeks before.

Thank you for your very clear reply! :thumbsup2

I'm new to DIS and so excited to find you! Great information on here. I am a new Disney Visa card holder and didn't even know that earning extra points was an option. So now I'm hoping to receive an offer for the extra points promotion. For those of you who have received promotional offers, were you using your card regularly when you received the promotion? Or had it been a while and maybe they were trying to prompt you back? There may not be any rhyme or reason to the targeted promotions - just trying to get some sense. Would LOVE this to help pay for our upcoming FIRST Disney trip!

I would like to know this as well. I would very much like a postcard offer.

For those who have gotten them in the past, how far in advance of the promotion start date do you receive the flyer? Meaning, if the promotion is for 5x points for the months of July-August-September when will they send out of the offers to the lucky few card members?

Wondering this too. I've had this card for years and have never received a promotion! I'm a regular user of the card (charge everything on it and pay it off each month). Feeling a little under appreciated by the credit card company right now! :confused3

I had my card for almost exactly one year before I was offered my first promotion(and this is my current and first) It started April 15 but I actually recieved the offer after this date, around the very end of April, but it stated once I signed up that all charges would count from April 15.

Well I haven't gotten this offer and quite a while but I continue to sue and pay off my card in full each. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't use for a while. I also have 150 dd since Dec. My husband has been getting the 3 times for the past 2 quarters for ANY purchase over 300 he hasn't used the card. Wish I were on to accumulate the extra!

Well my latest offer ran out July 15 and so far no notice of a new one. Has anyone else seen a new offer???

Yes. My husband like I said just got an offer for 3 times from ;uly 15 to +ct 15 for all purchases over 300 per month. Max bonus 100.

Has anyone had issues getting their extra rewards?

We didn't get all of ours (none of this statement and we should have the full amount allowed of extra). DH has to call tomorrow since the card is in his name.

I've gotten a handful of promotions in the past and I never use the card until a promotion comes along. Then I use it to get the max points and always pay it off in full. My DH got a card too though and has never gotten a promotion. Who knows???/

Well I haven't received an offer in a year mow and that was a 3 times. The new offer if any will most likely start Oct 15 since my daughters runs from july 15 through then.

I've gotten a handful of promotions in the past and I never use the card until a promotion comes along. Then I use it to get the max points and always pay it off in full. My DH got a card too though and has never gotten a promotion. Who knows???/

Me too I only use my card if I like the promo if not it's not worth it Thanks for the thread

-M

It's become so frustrating..I've had my card since 2003 - only had ONE promotion offer. I finally got a card for hubby last fall, thinking we'd get some more offers. NOT ONE. Yet I see people get offers all the time here. I want to scream!

I got a few in a row and now nothing. It seems like if you don't use it for a while they will send one out, but if you use it regularly they won't. Our next trip is August and it takes so long to get the bonus points, I was hoping for something soon. Sometimes if you call them it will trigger an offer though. I called about a specific offer last year and they put me thorough to marketing who said I wasn't eligible but soon after I got one in the mail. Maybe I'll try that again.

Mmm.. Wondering if with the introduction of the Premire Disney Card, if extra bonus points on the regular card are a thing of the past..

I recently upgraded to the Disney Premier Visa card - just 3 months before our June trip. Charged everything under the sun - including paying off three Disney vacations. I also paid off our Disney cruise in August. Had almost $1,800 to spend in June. Covered our expenses this past trip and then some. Yahoo!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts