All New Picture of the Day Thread - July 26th 2014

IMG_9740_zps52bdff7e.jpg
:tink:

:yay: A SmugMug user; I'm signed up for the "try for 14 days" offer now but can't figure out how to copy and paste my photos :headache:. On the test page it just shows up as a link...not the actual photo. I asked what I'm doing wrong in the "contact me" section and was told I was doing things right. :headache: What's the secret...as of now...I'm not inclined to keep the service. :tink:

It sounds like you are not inserting photos using the "Image" icon to the right of the smiley icon.

Click once on that "Image" icon and paste the link you copied from SmugMug into that pop-up window then click on the Insert button. Voila!

Try that and let us know if it doesn't work.

It sounds like you are not inserting photos using the "Image" icon to the right of the smiley icon.

Click once on that "Image" icon and paste the link you copied from SmugMug into that pop-up window then click on the Insert button. Voila!

Try that and let us know if it doesn't work.

I'm not seeing an "Image" icon or a smiley icon; could it be because I have it designated as "private"? :tink:

I'm not seeing an "Image" icon or a smiley icon; could it be because I have it designated as "private"? :tink:

I don't think it's because you have made your gallery "Private" or "hidden" a picture; there are extra steps you must take to specifically make a picture or whole gallery private or hidden.

Here are the steps I use to post pictures from SmugMug. Pardon me if they are too basic or if you are already doing them! I decided to post them right here on the DIS because I don't know what programs are on your computer (i.e. Word etc.).

Basically, all you are doing is copying code for your picture from SmugMug and then using the Image function on the DIS.

Here are the steps I use to insert a picture from SmugMug into the DIS:

1 – First find the picture you want to post on the DIS.

DIS%20insert%20step%201-M.jpg

2 – Locate the “Share” icon; the first icon below the picture (has a rectangle with an arrow).

3 – Click on the Share icon which will bring up a new window.

DIS%20insert%20step%202-M.jpg

4 – Click on “Choose a size”. I usually post my pics in X-Large but choose whatever size you like.

5 – Click on the code displayed i.e. to highlight the entire code.
DIS%20insert%20step%203-M.jpg

6 – Use the “control key” plus letter “c” to copy the code OR just click anywhere on the code line and using the right mouse button select: “Copy”.

7 – Go to the DIS and in your new post window, click on the “Image” icon. It's the one immediately to the right of the Smilies icon.

DIS%20insert%20step%204-M.jpg

8 – A new window will appear.
DIS%20insert%20step%205-M.jpg

9 – Paste the code you copied into the Image URL line.

10 – Click on Insert and your picture should appear in the post.

Remember that you can always call me for help. I will PM you my cell phone number if you need more help.

Let me know how this works out.

i-gd2T8RV-M.jpg

BINGO! Perfect explanation...thank you...one of the problems I had was clicking on the "arrow" next to choose a size...nothing would happen. I finally just clicked on the WORDS "choose a size" and was able to proceed. :faint: :thumbsup2 :tink:

You are very welcome! I used to love writing this type of documentation in my federal govt contract job. Guess it used my 'teacher skills' and my tech skills!

So glad it worked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter