CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Interested in booking the Continental or Americana section of the Cabana Bay Resort. What type of room do I need to book? Can you request a certain section? First time staying at a Universal resort. Thanks for the info!

Stayed here in May and can't say a bad thing about it. Amazing atmosphere, could just have fun walking around the hotel looking at the decor. Also, the gym is probably the best resort gym I've ever seen. I'm a WDW person all the way who occasionally does Universal, and I have to say, the gym here blows any WDW resort hotel gym I've seen completely out of the water. Stop by even if you're not going to use it - it's really something to see. Part gym, part museum for retro fitness celeb Jack Lalanne

Also, the food court is great as well. Doesn't make you feel like you're trapped in a chicken finger/burger vortex. Plenty of seating. Really, can't say enough about this place.

Interested in booking the Continental or Americana section of the Cabana Bay Resort. What type of room do I need to book? Can you request a certain section? First time staying at a Universal resort. Thanks for the info!

Can anyone answer this for me? I think I read that all the rooms in these sections are standard rooms, is that correct? There are only two adults and would love to have a good view of Volcano Bay so not sure what type of room to request.

One more question, thinking about purchasing annual passes if the discount offered is good. What percentage is typically offered and on what type of room.

Thanks so much for the info!

Can anyone answer this for me? I think I read that all the rooms in these sections are standard rooms, is that correct? There are only two adults and would love to have a good view of Volcano Bay so not sure what type of room to request.

One more question, thinking about purchasing annual passes if the discount offered is good. What percentage is typically offered and on what type of room.

Thanks so much for the info!

There are both standard rooms and family suites in the Americana and Continental towers. We have stayed in both types of rooms.

Annual passes can give up to around 35% off but normally more like 20-30 and that is on both standard and family suites.

If you want a Volcano Side room, you are not wanting the Continental or Americana towers, you are wanting the new towers. You book that separately and it is a standard room or a two bedroom suite. There is a category specifically for the Volcano Side rooms and the two bedroom suites.

Last edited:

Thanks damo! Just a little confused as I have seen videos from the Americana building that show Volcano Bay from the window. I’ll give them a call to clarify. I really appreciate you answering my questions. Super excited for our visit!!

Thanks damo! Just a little confused as I have seen videos from the Americana building that show Volcano Bay from the window. I’ll give them a call to clarify. I really appreciate you answering my questions. Super excited for our visit!!
File-Feb-13-9-50-22-AM-889x500.png

Upon further investigation, you definitely can get views from the Americana tower but it might be somewhat obstructed and parts of the tower are at the wrong angle. Booking Volcano View will guarantee that you get the correct view that you want. I would call the hotel as you suggested and see if they can give you better suggestions as which rooms to ask for.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the current price of the tubes at Cabana bay? From what I've seen from prior years, I don't know that its really worth it to buy tubes from home if they are not much cheaper and at least at Cabana bay I'm guaranteed one that isn't going to arrive with a hole in it.

Does anyone know the current price of the tubes at Cabana bay? From what I've seen from prior years, I don't know that its really worth it to buy tubes from home if they are not much cheaper and at least at Cabana bay I'm guaranteed one that isn't going to arrive with a hole in it.
In April the large ring kind was something like 16 dollars. They have someone who blows them up. We always just leave them behind.

In April the large ring kind was something like 16 dollars. They have someone who blows them up. We always just leave them behind.
oh okay, the prices I saw were like 8 dollars for large rings, at 16 dollars I'll bring them from home.

oh okay, the prices I saw were like 8 dollars for large rings, at 16 dollars I'll bring them from home.
The sixteen dollar one was the largest they had. Some of the smaller ones may have been cheaper. Someone else may chime in. Amazon prime now and Instacart will deliver to CBBR. They may have water floats.

Just got back what a great resort!! The theming was amazing! They carried it into every detail! I have been disappointed with Disney lately their rooms have become so blah. Universal's theming was great. Loved the characters in the lobby too! Anyone who has never been, you will love it!

Just got back what a great resort!! The theming was amazing! They carried it into every detail! I have been disappointed with Disney lately their rooms have become so blah. Universal's theming was great. Loved the characters in the lobby too! Anyone who has never been, you will love it!
Totally agree. I’m here now for the first time. Love it! :)

We stayed at Cabana Bay last November/December and had some (alcoholic) drinks by the pool. So we ended up with the lidded cups with straws that got you a discount if/when you bought your next pool drink.

We are planning to return to Cabana Bay again this November/December and do still have our pool cups. We are wondering if we were to bring them back on this trip, if anyone knows if we'd again get the discount if we refilled them at the pool bars? Or are they colour coded or dated in some way to keep people from utilizing them on repeat visits?

We're curious about if the same plays true for the refillable popcorn bins for in the actual parks too? We have one of those from last November/December as well and would likely consider bringing it back too if the discount for the refills still applies inside the parks on repeat visits.

Just returned from a 7 day 6 night 8/11-8/17. 4th stay at cabana bay and love it even though they messed up our connecting courtyard pool view connecting rooms but we got our correct rooms the next day. Wife and I stayed in one suite. My son, his wife and a 5 year old and 1 year old in the other. Castaway building 3rd floor center rooms looking right over middle of pool. Went to parks and used pools every day! We walked to parks and back everyday and it was hot! Bought the special-3 day 2 free from undercover tourist upgraded to seasonal annual pass for no additional charge after entering 1st day! Used a refillable park cup from 2 years ago and it was reactivated for the refill daily price! Any questions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!