CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Does Cabana Bay put holds on your credit card?

I booked with booking.com. Paid $200 ish to reserve my rooms.

My "due" at the hotel was signifantly less than the pending charge on my Amex. By several hundred dollars.

A quick question about Instacart deliveries- when you are given the two hour delivery window, do they call you when they arrive so that you can meet them to collect it or do you literally have to sit in the lobby the whole time waiting for them?

A quick question about Instacart deliveries- when you are given the two hour delivery window, do they call you when they arrive so that you can meet them to collect it or do you literally have to sit in the lobby the whole time waiting for them?
We used instacart 2 weeks ago at Cabana Bay. They sent an email with a time estimate and continually updated it. They let us know when he was 10 minutes out and then when he arrived. We just met him at check in as he was putting all our groceries on a baggage cart! Easiest thing ever!

We used instacart 2 weeks ago at Cabana Bay. They sent an email with a time estimate and continually updated it. They let us know when he was 10 minutes out and then when he arrived. We just met him at check in as he was putting all our groceries on a baggage cart! Easiest thing ever!
Thanks Shellsbell, we’ll definitely do that then! I’ve already downloaded the app and had a look at what types of wine I can order

We have a one night stay coming up this fall. We're planning to arrive late morning, likely before our room will be ready. The next day, we're planning on leaving for the next part of our trip after the parks close. Are we able to leave our bags at the front desk before check in/after check out?

We have a one night stay coming up this fall. We're planning to arrive late morning, likely before our room will be ready. The next day, we're planning on leaving for the next part of our trip after the parks close. Are we able to leave our bags at the front desk before check in/after check out?

Yes, they have luggage services, right next to the front desk. You can leave bags when checking in or checking out. Your room could potentially be ready when you get there, if it's not a busy time. My last 2 trips my room was ready late morning when I arrived.

Yes, they have luggage services, right next to the front desk. You can leave bags when checking in or checking out. Your room could potentially be ready when you get there, if it's not a busy time. My last 2 trips my room was ready late morning when I arrived.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the info!

I tried searching this thread, but didn't find what I was looking for. My apologies if I missed something really obvious!

Does anyone know, or can tell me where to find, the pool and lazy river hours at CBBR? I'm not expecting to get a lot of down time at the resort, we only have three full days for both parks and VB, but on the Tuesday we are there, IOA and US close at 6, so I'm wondering what the evening-pool-time options would be. I'm guessing the info will be readily available when we check in, but I always like knowing things beforehand (no surprises for me!)

Lots of great information in this thread! Since it does not have many pages (at least yet) I read through them all.

However, I do have a couple of questions about the rooms I did not specifically see information on.

Do any of the rooms have windows you can open? From photographs it looks like the answer is no. No one has mentioned being able to open windows. I like to turn off the A/C sometimes and just enjoy the poolside noise/air once in a while.

Also, until I got to pages 18-20 (somewhere along there), I did not know there are new towers facing Volcano Bay. After some searching I discovered the Beachside and Bayside towers are at the ends of the Americana and Continental buildings. It's not clear on the map. Which tower is connected to which building? Are they priced the same as "Tower Family Suite Poolside" and I just request it? I went to US Orlando's webpage to price these out and I do not see an option for them. Just the "Volcano Side Room" which sounds like it's a standard 2 queen room.

Ohh, one more thing. I had to search for the shuttle bus times on google as I could not locate the information here. I was trying to figure out what time the buses start taking people to parks if you want to arrive in time for EE. What I found says buses start running 1 hour before EE hours until 2:30 AM daily. If it's correct is it possible to add that to the front page with the bus information? I checked the front page twice but unless I overlooked it, I just didn't see that information.

I may have just found the answer regarding the Beachside and Bayside Towers. What I found seems to indicate only standard rooms and 2 bdrm rooms are available in these. Not family suites. Is this correct?

I tried searching this thread, but didn't find what I was looking for. My apologies if I missed something really obvious!

Does anyone know, or can tell me where to find, the pool and lazy river hours at CBBR? I'm not expecting to get a lot of down time at the resort, we only have three full days for both parks and VB, but on the Tuesday we are there, IOA and US close at 6, so I'm wondering what the evening-pool-time options would be. I'm guessing the info will be readily available when we check in, but I always like knowing things beforehand (no surprises for me!)

The Cabana Courtyard pool is open from 8am-10pm and the Lazy River Courtyard pool is open from 8am-11pm.

(This was from the "Dining and Activities Guide - February 2018" we got at check-in on our last trip.)

Do any of the rooms have windows you can open? From photographs it looks like the answer is no. No one has mentioned being able to open windows. I like to turn off the A/C sometimes and just enjoy the poolside noise/air once in a while.

After some searching I discovered the Beachside and Bayside towers are at the ends of the Americana and Continental buildings. It's not clear on the map. Which tower is connected to which building? Are they priced the same as "Tower Family Suite Poolside" and I just request it? I went to US Orlando's webpage to price these out and I do not see an option for them. Just the "Volcano Side Room" which sounds like it's a standard 2 queen room.

We didn't try to open our windows, so I'm not positive you can't, but I don't think I remember seeing any open.

Beachside Tower is at the end of the Continental building, and Bayside is at the end of Americana, but I'm not sure if they're actually connected or have separate entrances.

Lots of great information in this thread! Since it does not have many pages (at least yet) I read through them all.

However, I do have a couple of questions about the rooms I did not specifically see information on.

Also, until I got to pages 18-20 (somewhere along there), I did not know there are new towers facing Volcano Bay. After some searching I discovered the Beachside and Bayside towers are at the ends of the Americana and Continental buildings. It's not clear on the map. Which tower is connected to which building? Are they priced the same as "Tower Family Suite Poolside" and I just request it? I went to US Orlando's webpage to price these out and I do not see an option for them. Just the "Volcano Side Room" which sounds like it's a standard 2 queen room.

Ohh, one more thing. I had to search for the shuttle bus times on google as I could not locate the information here. I was trying to figure out what time the buses start taking people to parks if you want to arrive in time for EE. What I found says buses start running 1 hour before EE hours until 2:30 AM daily. If it's correct is it possible to add that to the front page with the bus information? I checked the front page twice but unless I overlooked it, I just didn't see that information.

No, can't open the windows

Shuttle busses normally leave every 20 minutes.
That time can be adjusted if threre is need for more shuttles

I'll recheck the stickies I have up about the shuttle service.

Once you are at the hotel, the front desk will advise times for the shuttles.

When I created the stickies, I set it up to recieve the same information that is released by UO.
Therefore, when they make a change, my links make the same change.

Just assume that the shuttles will run regularly an hour before park opening and 30 minutes after City Walk closes each night.

Usually, shuttles are more frequent for prior and closing of the parks.

Yes, still available. In fact, they added a level to the garage out there. We found the parking situation to be quite good. Especially compared with other Univeral or Disney resorts.

Yes, old post, but is there both surface parking and garage parking? We will have a roof top carrier on our car, and that usually doesn't work too well with a parking garage.

You'll be directed to surface or top floor of garage if your car height w/carrier, won't be parkable inside the garage.

No, can't open the windows

Shuttle busses normally leave every 20 minutes.
That time can be adjusted if threre is need for more shuttles

I'll recheck the stickies I have up about the shuttle service.

Once you are at the hotel, the front desk will advise times for the shuttles.
We didn't try to open our windows, so I'm not positive you can't, but I don't think I remember seeing any open.

Beachside Tower is at the end of the Continental building, and Bayside is at the end of Americana, but I'm not sure if they're actually connected or have separate entrances.

Thank you!

We are here now, and I confirm the towers are not connected to the Americana and Continental buildings. They are very close, bur there is no inside corridor connecting them.

How/when do you make a room request? I will be traveling with my mom in November - we have a standard room, which I believe are in Americana and Continental buildings? I'd like to request to be as close to dining/shuttle bus as possible, as she has issues walking. Do I call the main 407- number and how far in advance? I understand there are no guarantees, I'd just like to put in the request in case it's possible. TIA!

How/when do you make a room request? I will be traveling with my mom in November - we have a standard room, which I believe are in Americana and Continental buildings? I'd like to request to be as close to dining/shuttle bus as possible, as she has issues walking. Do I call the main 407- number and how far in advance? I understand there are no guarantees, I'd just like to put in the request in case it's possible. TIA!

Yep, just call the main hotel number and put your request in..........you can call anytime and have it added to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts