All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Just returned on Saturday last week from 12 nights at WDW. had a couple of cool evenings and 2 mornings we were faced with 5-7 degree mornings. Even so those days were in the 16 degree range for highs. The rest of the time was good weather although a cool northerly wind was a slight problem a few days. Saw rivers of light, very nice, tree of life awakening, also very nice, starwars galactic fireworks show, very dramatic and good lots of different special effects, once upon a time projection show, wife feels much better than celebrate the magic and I agree but it does not have that same catchy tune as CTM. Parks were pretty busy. stayed 4 nights at OKW, love it there for peace and quiet, 2 nights at BLT, that was exceptional, we had a theme park room on 12th floor, could watch wishes from our balcony with music piped through the tv and look the opposite way and see Illuminations and Galactic going off, monorails going, in the morning we could see the monorails going and ferries coming and going and all the water craft coming from the various resorts, could see the steam train and all the buses going as well as the Magic Kingdom. It really was a highlight of the trip. We are DVC members so the only way we would ever have been in this room was the use of DVC points. We are pretty frugal with our points usage usually but BLT is our home resort and we have only stayed once before so we splurged. We still cannot get over the experience. I did check the cost of reserving that room and it is mind blowing how much people can afford and will pay. If it was not for DVC we would never have had the experience. Short walk to Mk with a special entrance for security and very close to Contemporary Resort was really nice. Grateful for DVC. Stayed at Coronado Springs for 6 nights for a convention, the resort is going through a massive transformation with a new 15 story tower being constructed and all rooms being renovated and more, it needs the work. This is too long so I wont bore you anymore. Nice to see many people planning and sharing.

Anyone used air canada vacations (or any Canadian dollar 3rd party - westjet, Expedia) to try get deals on universal tickets or resort stays? I booked a week at cabana bay, through UO site, for August in one of their new 2 bed suites overlooking volcano bay. We are family of 6. Will adjust this booking, as price changes, or my plans for 2 separate hotels develop.

I am contemplating perhaps booking 2 nights at a deluxe universal to take advantage of the unlimited. express pass for at least 5 of us. 2 nights would get me 3 days of express passes. So $500-600 $us is cheap compared to regular EP prices. Last time there, I forked out much more for EPs in the park.

You can book resorts through Air Canada. Price seems to be about on par with the UO prices, but wondering if anyone ever found a deal.

I booked our hotel, Cabana Bay, through Hotels.ca because I wanted to be charged in CDN dollars. It was cheaper to book the airfare and hotel separately and buy the tickets on Undercover Tourist. Just the way it worked out for us! Hope that helps

I paid the entire amount. If you just pay the deposit you are charged by the hotel when you check out, so in USD - which includes that darn transaction fee!

Anyone know when AC generally puts MCO on sale for Christmas? I need to book YHZ-MCO for Dec 26. So far it is too expensive

Hello All, Not very busy here lately. I hope you are all planning trips. We just returned from 8 nights in Florida. 2 nights at OKW and when the rest of the family arrived we rented a 4 bed house in Davenport. About 20 minute drive every day. Halloween party was really good as it usually is. Halowishes was really good. Good time for rides as they are not as busy. Especially after halowishes. We were out to BTMR later in the evening and you did not have to get off the ride. There were not enough people to fill the cars. Went to 7DMT and had about a 15 min wait. There are no fast passes during the party nights. Grandson got his first haircut at MK. 4 of us had hair cuts there. Pandora is quite an amazing place. We could not invest the time needed to ride flight of Passage. The River Journey was very nice. The biggest problem was the weather. It was very hot and humid. 32 with 45 or 46 feel like temperatures the last 6 days. Really zapped the energy. Rained every one of those days also. We have been there a few times in October and once this early. Never have encountered this heat. Could be related to all the storms coming from the Caribbean. Lots of money being spent on roadwork and in the parks. Hope you are all planning and have great trips

We are heading back in December. We have tickets to MVMCP and the Star Wars Galactic Nights Party (which I just found out about) and reservations for 2 Candlelight Processionals! We have only been there once during Christmas decorations and that was earlier in November so I am very excited. Also have fastpasses for Flight of Passage and looking forward to Avatar. It's getting closer!

I just got back last weekend and I can agree with your weather report DVCALMA. I've been going in mid-late Sept for the past 20 or so years and never had so much heat, humidity and rain, it was really draining for sure. But I had a very good time, Pandora is stunning. I didn't do a Halloween party but I did take part in an Illuminations dessert party on Oct 1, which was Epcot's 35th, and included a tag at the end of the fireworks to commemorate that. I stayed at POP and there is also lots of construction at the bridge for the new gondola transportation.

We are heading back in December. We have tickets to MVMCP and the Star Wars Galactic Nights Party (which I just found out about) and reservations for 2 Candlelight Processionals! We have only been there once during Christmas decorations and that was earlier in November so I am very excited. Also have fastpasses for Flight of Passage and looking forward to Avatar. It's getting closer!
Wow. You have things in good shape. Congrats on the fast pass for FOP. I love being there in the Christmas Season. Good luck

We just got back from a week and did Not So Scary for the first time. Loved it. Heading back November 1st for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon. Was so happy to see that the Not So Scary party was still going and not sold out. So going to surprise DD18 with more fun. Now to figure out what to wear. I made us matching shirts but want to do something different. It will just be me and DD18 this time. 20914309_10154940296265829_3201049418526435137_n.jpg 20915408_10154940338535829_1633880214144437358_n.jpg 20994076_10154954282650829_4891960309906294001_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!