Just wanting to confirm that I can validate my AP at EPCOT International Gateway. I'll be staying at the Boardwalk and EPCOT will be the only park that won't be closing before I check-in. Not sure what the hours will be for Disney Springs in late January.

We plan to upgrade to AP’s this trip. I bought the tickets from a reseller and linked to our MB’s. I seem to have misplaced one of the actual tickets/paperwork. Can they just upgrade using the magic bands that have the tickets attached or is it imperative I locate the lost paperwork/ticket?

We plan to upgrade to AP’s this trip. I bought the tickets from a reseller and linked to our MB’s. I seem to have misplaced one of the actual tickets/paperwork.
1. Can they just upgrade using the magic bands that have the tickets attached
2. or is it imperative I locate the lost paperwork/ticket?
1. Yes.
2. Nope.

My DS has 2 tickets linked to his account for his upcoming trip. One is a 3 day park hopper that he got through the tour company the marching band used. They gave them copies of their tickets so that they could make fastpasses. One is a 3 day ticket that he will use with us after his time with the band. It is important the the hopper past be used first, since they will be hopping and we will not during the second 3 days. Do I need to call to specify this? THANKS!!!

Follow up to this question--if DS uses the hard plastic ticket from the band tour to scan in on his first day in the park, which would be the hopper ticket, will that take care of this issue? Would the system then use day 2 of the hopper and then day 3 on the subsequent days even if he uses his MB for entry on those days? Or should he just continue to use the hard ticket for park entry? Thanks!

Follow up to this question-
1. if DS uses the hard plastic ticket from the band tour to scan in on his first day in the park, which would be the hopper ticket, will that take care of this issue?
2. Would the system then use day 2 of the hopper and then day 3 on the subsequent days even if he uses his MB for entry on those days?
3. Or should he just continue to use the hard ticket for park entry? Thanks!

1. Not necessarily, if both tickets are entered into his MDX account.
2. Not necessarily, if both tickets are entered into his MDX account.
3. He should have the priority of the tickets set at Guest Relations before going to a park gate.

3. He should have the priority of the tickets set at Guest Relations before going to a park gate.
An unexpected trip coming up in February. If I add an old non expiring ticket to MDE so I can get 60 day FP priority, then next fall get my usual AP, I see that I must go to Guest Relations before going to a park gate, as stated, to prioritize ticket use. Is this every time I go to a new park gate, or once per trip, or it will stay prioritized as AP until that expires? And then so on and so forth, go to GR next time I get an AP, etc? Thank in advance for any info!

An unexpected trip coming up in February. If I add an old non expiring ticket to MDE so I can get 60 day FP priority, then next fall get my usual AP,
1. I see that I must go to Guest Relations before going to a park gate, as stated, to prioritize ticket use.
2. Is this every time I go to a new park gate,
3. or once per trip, or it will stay prioritized as AP until that expires?
4. And then so on and so forth, go to GR next time I get an AP, etc?
1. Yup.
2. Nope.
3. Yes. (Until such time as you want to change which ticket gets used "next.")
4. Yes.
OTOH, If you simply ORDER the AP over 60 days in advance, you can book advanced FP+
with just the AP certificate in your MDX, and not actually activate the AP until you arrive for your trip.
You'd not need to add the old ticket to your MDX.
(You might even save some money by buying the AP before a ticket price increase.)

Thank you for your quick replies!
This is what I am trying to avoid! I am hoping there is a work around so he doesn't have to separate from his group and go to guest services. Last question---Could I set up a second MDE account and assign the hopper ticket to that account? Then have him use his hard ticket for that part of the trip and not his magic band (that we have from a previous trip)? Again thank you for your time!

Thank you for your quick replies!

This is what I am trying to avoid! I am hoping there is a work around so he doesn't have to separate from his group and go to guest services. Last question---Could I set up a second MDE account and assign the hopper ticket to that account? Then have him use his hard ticket for that part of the trip and not his magic band (that we have from a previous trip)? Again thank you for your time!
If he gets a new separate MDX account with only the one ticket on it, that would work.

Magicbands seem to be the norm today. Our last visit magicbands were in their infancy and still in trail phase. We do not have magicbands & do not plan to purchase them if we do not have to. I have been successful in linking them to my MDE account for dining & FP+ planning.

Do the old (vintage 2013) MYW hard tickets have to be linked to a Magicband?
Are the old MYW hard tickets still accepted for admission or will I need to take some extra steps prior to entry?

Magicbands seem to be the norm today. Our last visit magicbands were in their infancy and still in trail phase. We do not have magicbands & do not plan to purchase them if we do not have to. I have been successful in linking them to my MDE account for dining & FP+ planning.

1. Do the old (vintage 2013) MYW hard tickets have to be linked to a Magicband?
2. Are the old MYW hard tickets still accepted for admission
3. or will I need to take some extra steps prior to entry?

1. Ticking does not require the use of MagicBands. Nor do park entrances or FP+ usage.
2. Any tickets that are hard plastic RFID cards will still work just fine.
3. Nope.

These are of the very rare paper variety with magnetic strip, not plastic RFID. :)
Then, they must be taken to a ticket tooth or Guest Relations and exchanged for hard plastic RFID tickets with the same assets.

Sorry if this has been answered before but this is a longgggg thread.

If we have tickets from Touring Plans and end up wanting ot add a day on them, will we pay the different between WDW 5 day vs 6 day to upgrade or how is that figured? Thanks!

Sorry if this has been answered before but this is a longgggg thread.

If we have tickets from Touring Plans and end up wanting ot add a day on them, will we pay the different between WDW 5 day vs 6 day to upgrade or how is that figured? Thanks!

It depends on when your tickets were minted by Disney.
Find the answer HERE.

I'm considering buying an AP for my Sept 2018 trip. Do they raise the prices each year? When does Disney traditionally raise the price of an AP?

I'm considering buying an AP for my Sept 2018 trip.
1. Do they raise the prices each year?
2. When does Disney traditionally raise the price of an AP?
1. Yes.
2. Most recently, in February. But that may or may not hold true for this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!