I have another ticket question! I looked in the sticky but didn't see an answer to this specific question.

I know once unused tickets "expire" (mine expire 12/19/17) you keep the value of the ticket. Can you only then put one expired ticket towards one new ticket or can you use 2 expired tickets toward a new higher value ticket? Also, can exchaging expired tickets be done online or over the phone or do you need to do it in person? I guess I am just wondering how they appear in MDE? Or they now just a purchase value or do they still show as 2 day ph tickets that now have expired?

(I am trying to decide between an ap ticketless package at Pop with qs ddp or the free qs dining package I already have booked for Dec 15-19.)

Thank you! :o)
Jennifer

I have another ticket question! I looked in the sticky but didn't see an answer to this specific question.

I know once unused tickets "expire" (mine expire 12/19/17) you keep the value of the ticket. Can you only then put one expired ticket towards one new ticket or can you use 2 expired tickets toward a new higher value ticket? Also, can exchaging expired tickets be done online or over the phone or do you need to do it in person? I guess I am just wondering how they appear in MDE? Or they now just a purchase value or do they still show as 2 day ph tickets that now have expired?

(I am trying to decide between an ap ticketless package at Pop with qs ddp or the free qs dining package I already have booked for Dec 15-19.)
12/19/17??
Maybe 12/31/17?
Ticket matters are virtually always "one per one."
In-person modification seems to be the norm (but we have no history of this from which to judge.) Ditto as to what would show in MDE.

12/19/17??
Maybe 12/31/17?
Ticket matters are virtually always "one per one."
In-person modification seems to be the norm (but we have no history of this from which to judge.) Ditto as to what would show in MDE.

Thank you again Robo! I thought that date seemed weird too. Our trip is 12/15-12/19/17 and the MDE app says the tickets are valid through 12/19/17.

Quick question about the Passholder - "Treat a Friend to a Magical Day" offer. I understand that an AP holder can purchase up to 6 tickets - my question is can I purchase 4 today and 2 tomorrow or is it a one time deal in which you can purchase up to 6 tickets? I know this offer is only good until 9/30/17. Thanks

Forgive me if this has been answered but I don't want to look through all 126 pages.

I purchased the WDW Platinum Plus Pass ($869 excl. tax, $925.49 total) but am looking to upgrade to the Premier Pass as going to Disneyland after the WDW trip and returning to both next August. This is supposed to be $1,439 plus tax. Is the tax cheaper in Florida or same as Cali? Wondering wether I should upgrade on the day I exchange voucher for AP or should I wait til Cali and hold on to my money for a bit longer?

My understanding on calculation is
Premier Pass total cost (over $1500) minus what I have paid for WDW incl. tax ($925.49) equals amount owed...

Thanks.

Quick question about the Passholder - "Treat a Friend to a Magical Day" offer. I understand that an AP holder can purchase up to 6 tickets - my question is can I purchase 4 today and 2 tomorrow or is it a one time deal in which you can purchase up to 6 tickets? I know this offer is only good until 9/30/17. Thanks

You can spread them out over the length of the promotion.

I know once unused tickets "expire" (mine expire 12/19/17) you keep the value of the ticket. Can you only then put one expired ticket towards one new ticket or can you use 2 expired tickets toward a new higher value ticket? Also, can exchaging expired tickets be done online or over the phone or do you need to do it in person?

It will still be a one-to-one exchange. In our system, it's exactly like doing an upgrade. No simple way to combine things.

Since the blanket business rule for ticket modifications is in-person-only, I would assume that would remain the same.

I have called Disney four times and have received conflicting info. Thought I'd come here! So I know when you buy an AP online, you get a voucher and it doesn't kick in until when you actually activate it at a park. FL residents have the monthly payment plan benefit. If I do the monthly payment plan, does the AP officially begin the day I pay the down payment? That's what 2 CMs over the phone told me. OR...do I receive a voucher and activate it in the park? I am curious if I can start paying for an AP now...and then my 365 days can start later when I actually go to a Park.

THANKS!

Such a great thread, as usual on DisBoards :)

Just to make sure : if we two sets of tickets on MDE and on MB, I have to stop at Guest Relations before entering the park to have the ''right'' ticket prioritized, right?

Just to make sure : if we two sets of tickets on MDE and on MB, I have to stop at Guest Relations before entering the park to have the ''right'' ticket prioritized, right?

Correct.
And, once done, that "highest priority" ticket will continue to be used until
it is completed.

Awesome, thanks for that very quick answer :)

Can we have this fixed at the hotel or it really has to be done at the parks?

Greetings!

I've used UT several times, but always purchased "hard" tickets. There was a promotion on e-tickets, so choose this option this time around. The e-tickets are already linked to magic bands. Do we still need to go to Guest Relations and get a hard ticket? If so, can I do this at Disney Springs?

Thanks!

I've used UT several times, but always purchased "hard" tickets. There was a promotion on e-tickets, so choose this option this time around. The e-tickets are already linked to magic bands.
Do we still need to go to Guest Relations and get a hard ticket?
Nope.

The discounted 2pm and 5pm convention tickets cannot be upgraded to anything. If you bought the multi-day tickets, you should be able to, but I don't know how they handle the price credit. I assume it's the general what you paid for it. As Robo says, it never hurts to ask nicely!

Trying to use my son's annual pass to get the discounted tickets for the After Hours event in January but the website won't let me because he's under 18. Will they sell him the tickets if he calls? If I call? What's the best way to make this work? Thanks in advance for any direction!

Trying to use my son's annual pass to get the discounted tickets for the After Hours event in January but

1. the website won't let me because he's under 18.
2. Will they sell him the tickets if he calls?
3. If I call?
1. I've not heard anything that would preclude "under 18" buying except the use of a credit card may come into question.
(Also, "under 18" can't be legally held responsible for financial agreements.)

2. I don't think that would be a solution.
3. Sounds right, in this case.

Although, in regard to #2 and #3... How would the CM on the phone know exactly with whom they were talking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter