Adding onto the AP questions.... I have two MDE's due to work travel and personal travel. Usually work trips are short so I just but 1 or 2 day tickets. This year I have a longer work trip and a family trip planned so I am thinking about getting an AP. How would the AP work with my two MDE's? Could it link to both? Or will I have issues making fast passes in both accounts?

Put the AP in either account (pick one) and use only that account for the year of the AP.

1. You do not need to.
2. You can activate your package tickets as soon as you arrive (yes, before your check-in date) and upgrade them immediately.
3. No. Just go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations (the Welcome Center at Disney Springs will work just fine) and activate and upgrade your tickets during the same transaction. All adult guests getting an AP will need a legal photo ID.

Thanks, Robo! I'll probably head to DS to upgrade to an AP and do the DVC tour. :)

But I read upgrade instructions so is this right.
1. Buy best value. I found UT Ticket 6 plus 1 free day for. 469
2. Take it to gate. it's now a 7 day ticket at 516.53
3. Subtract Disney ap price. 829.64- 516.53= 313.11 to upgrade
4. add 469+ 313.11= 782.11. And that is what I am paying at Disney.

Does this calculation work for renewing an AP as well?

Thanks Robo.

One more question:
I purchased a 7 day ticket with Park Hopper through the Canadian Resident offer on Feb 14/17.
The ticket cost was $329.25 (plus tax).
Can I upgrade that to a Park Hopper Plus?
And if so is the cost $15 or more than that?

I purchased a 7 day ticket with Park Hopper through the Canadian Resident offer on Feb 14/17.
The ticket cost was $329.25 (plus tax).
Can I upgrade that to a Park Hopper Plus?
And if so is the cost $15 or more than that?

The "Canadian Offer" has been discussed elsewhere on this board, and in this thread.
It appears that those tickets (as they are purchased directly from Disney) cannot be "price-bridged" when being upgraded, so guests must pay the difference between what they originally paid... and a current full-priced
version of the ticket with the upgraded asset(s.)
That means guests will lose any "discount" they originally got.

Quotes below are from earlier in this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/page-84#post-57683523

I'm hoping you may have some insight regarding the Canadian discounted tickets that were available this spring. I had purchased 5 day base tickets but now plans have changed and I need park hoppers. Will I be able to pay the approx $80 per ticket to add just add the hoppers since I'm keeping the 5 days the same or should I expect to now pay current gate price (and lose the discount) plus the park hopper charge?
----------------------------
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/page-122#post-58175574

Nope . Paid a little over $200 per ticket to add park hopper to our 5 day Canadian tickets. That was the difference between my sale price and the regular ticket, plus the park hopper fee. Not impressed at all, but totally what people have been saying so I wasn't shocked. The CM at Disney springs was awesome, very apologetic, tried a bunch of ways to get the price down but the system wasn't budging. He did say it was cheaper to do at DS than at a park because at the park they charge the $20 (I think) fee on top of each ticket. So that was a little bit of savings I guess.

----------------------------

Note from Robo:
That last bit in bold is not necessarily true, either, as when a guest upgrades a ticket
at the park gates, any extra "gate charge" is compensated (effectively eliminated) during the upgrade transaction.

Last edited:
Thank you again.

From putting together what I had read I thought that was the answer but I appreciate a direct (and knowledgeable) response. :)

BTW: Robo you:
  • read my post,
  • found the two links somewhere in the hundreds of posts in separate threads
  • posted the links
  • typed out a well written, easy to understand response
all inside 11 minutes!

:worship::worship::worship:

Thank you again.

From putting together what I had read I thought that was the answer but I appreciate a direct (and knowledgeable) response. :)

BTW: Robo you:
  • read my post,
  • found the two links somewhere in the hundreds of posts in separate threads
  • posted the links
  • typed out a well written, easy to understand response
all inside 11 minutes!

Such a kind thing to note and say!
Thank you!

Hello!

Is it still the case that package tickets can be picked up three days before package check-in and used immediately (with same day FP)?

Anyone anticipate this changing?

Thank you!

1. Is it still the case that package tickets can be picked up three days before package check-in and used immediately (with same day FP)?

2. Anyone anticipate this changing?

1. Actually, guests can activate resort package tickets up to TEN days before check-in.
2. No reason to suspect this to change. No way to know.

1. Actually, guests can activate resort package tickets up to TEN days before check-in.
2. No reason to suspect this to change. No way to know.
Ooooh. I like that answer even better. I was hoping for five days. Is that published anywhere? I certainly know you're right, just anticipating cast member questions.

Ooooh. I like that answer even better. I was hoping for five days. Is that published anywhere? I certainly know you're right, just anticipating cast member questions.

Yes, its a legitimate, specific Disney ticket rule.

It was implemented in May of 2015.

Last edited:
If I buy a ticket through MDE, is it immediately applied to my account (is - use that day) or is there a waiting period?

Before I get asked why buy through Disney vs UT or another discount place - I'm going for 5 days and already have 2 non-expire hoppers from previous visits. I have $500 in gift cards I've been given through work programs so buying through Disney means no money out of pocket for me.

My parents are AP and DVC so they can get me the $80 park hopper on the 30th but I still need 2 more days. Still finalizing plans and not sure if I'll do 1 park or hoppers for the other 2 days. Also waiting just in case Disney announces another ticket deal through AP or DVC. So thinking I'll just wait until the day off to buy my ticket through Disney but wanted to make sure online or MDE was a quick turnaround.

Any advice?

If I buy a ticket through MDE,
1. is it immediately applied to my account (is - use that day)
2. or is there a waiting period?
- thinking I'll just wait until the day off to buy my ticket through Disney but
3. wanted to make sure online or MDE was a quick turnaround.
4. Any advice?
1. Under normal conditions, yes.
2. Under normal conditions, nope.
3. Yup. You can buy day-of at a ticket booth and the ticket can be immediately
available in your MDE.
4. I would not use your current non-expiring tickets at all.
I'd simply buy new tickets to fully cover this multi-day trip...
and continue to hold those (very, very valuable/costly) non-expiring tickets for future use.

1. Under normal conditions, yes.
2. Under normal conditions, nope.
3. Yup. You can buy day-of at a ticket booth and the ticket can be immediately
available in your MDE.
4. I would not use your current non-expiring tickets at all.
I'd simply buy new tickets to fully cover this multi-day trip...
and continue to hold those (very, very valuable/costly) non-expiring tickets for future use.

Thank you and you make a good point. Might go that route as this has gone from a 3 to 5 day trip with JetBlue being very forgiving in flight changes. I've been holding onto these tickets for a few years as every trip starts out short and then gets stretched out. Appreciate the thoughts!

I have two one-day tickets on my MDE account that are assigned to my (minor) sons. I'll be in Orlando for the day tomorrow, and want to upgrade each of those two tickets to 4-day tickets. Is there anything special I need to take to the ticket booth? The tickets were purchased online originally, so I don't have a physical ticket, and we don't have magic bands yet since our trip isn't until November. Thanks for any help!!

I have two one-day tickets on my MDE account that are assigned to my (minor) sons. I'll be in Orlando for the day tomorrow, and want to upgrade each of those two tickets to 4-day tickets.
1. Is there anything special I need to take to the ticket booth? The tickets were purchased online originally, so
2. I don't have a physical ticket, and
3. we don't have magic bands yet since our trip isn't until November.
1. Have your (own) legal photo ID and it can help to have the ticket numbers (found in your MDE account.)
2. No problem.
3. Not needed.

AP renewal question: I am about to purchase gold AP's as I'm thinking the block out dates won't affect me in 2018. If we decide to upgrade to Platinum when we renew, would we get the renewal rate or would it be like purchasing new passes since it is a different category?

AP renewal question: I am about to purchase gold AP's as I'm thinking the block out dates won't affect me in 2018. If we decide to upgrade to Platinum when we renew, would we get the renewal rate or would it be like purchasing new passes since it is a different category?

At every renewal time, you can decide to keep the kind of AP that you have, or change to a different kind of AP...
and get your choice at each one's "renewal" price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter