I renewed our Florida resident week day select AP via phone. I forgot to ask how I get a new passholder card. Will they send me a certificate in the mail or do I go to guest services for a new card? TIA

I renewed our Florida resident week day select AP via phone. I forgot to ask how I get a new passholder card. Will they send me a certificate in the mail or do I go to guest services for a new card? TIA

Come to a ticket booth or Guest Relations with your ID and either your old card (if you have it) or your MagicBand.

EDIT: Oh, since you renewed over the phone, bring the credit card you paid with as well, it will help the CM locate the actual transaction where you paid for the renewal if they need to do so.

I am a platinum plus pass holder and I booked a free dining package for me and three of my daughters with the intention of transferring my ticket to my stepson for a trip the following month. It will not allow me to transfer the ticket online. I thought maybe it would work after it was paid off, but still no option online. Do I have to wait until after the trip is over or is it non transferable? How do I make sure my pass is used instead of the ticket when I enter the parks?

I am a platinum plus pass holder and I booked a free dining package for me and three of my daughters with
1. the intention of transferring my ticket to my stepson for a trip the following month. It will not allow me to transfer the ticket online. I thought maybe it would work after it was paid off, but still no option online. Do I have to wait until after the trip is over or is it non transferable?
2. How do I make sure my pass is used instead of the ticket when I enter the parks?

You are asking about transferring your "free dining" minimum ticket to your stepson.
1. You should be able to do so after you check in to the resort.
2. The transferring to someone (even a "fake name") who is not going to go into a park is the way for a guest to do this.
Otherwise, make a trip to any Guest Relations and have the CM set the ticket (or AP) that you DO want to use set to the HIGHEST PRIORITY in your MDE account.
That highest priority ticket will be the one that is used at the gates.

Last edited:

You are asking about transferring your "free dining" minimum ticket to your stepson.
1. You should be able to do so after you check in to the resort.
2. The transferring to someone (even a "fake name") who is not going to go into a park is the way for a guest to do this.
Otherwise, make a trip to any Guest Relations and have the CM set the ticket (or AP) that you DO want to use set to the HIGHEST PRIORITY in your MDE account.
That highest priority ticket will be the one that is used at the gates.

Thank you!

Robo,

I currently have APs that expire at the end of September
We are visiting at the end of October

Will we be able to make our FP+ at 60 days with the current APs without renewing them right away? I will renew them, but would like to wait till closer to the expiration, but does the system lock you out if they are set to expire? Do I need to renew my APs before I make FP+ selections?

thanks for your help!

Robo,

I currently have APs that expire at the end of September
We are visiting at the end of October

Will we be able to make our FP+ at 60 days with the current APs without renewing them right away? I will renew them, but would like to wait till closer to the expiration, but does the system lock you out if they are set to expire? Do I need to renew my APs before I make FP+ selections?

thanks for your help!

Your current AP must either still be valid on your trip dates
-or- you must have a renewal that will be valid on your trip dates to make advance FP+.
That's why they increased the renewal window to up to 60 days (from the former 30 days) in advance of the AP's anniversary date...
to cover expiration that may happen before or during a guest's upcoming trip.

1. Magic Your Way tickets minted AFTER Feb. 12, 2017 expire Dec. 31, 2018.
After that date, the price originally paid for those tickets can be used to help pay for
NEW tickets when the guest is ready to visit WDW.

2. If the CM was in error and/or rude, that is un-Disneylike behavior.
Unfortunately, lack of proper training for ticket CMs is far too common.
When you encounter a ticket CM who is obviously incorrect in a ticket transaction,
and a request to talk to a supervisor offers no remedy,
the most productive next step is to politely decline the offer and go to another
ticket location with different staff.

Thank you Robo, I was so upset and I have more tickets to upgrade but I'm afraid to go through all that again. He ended up doing a Guest recovery slip making me feel like he was doing me a favour. Would calling Disney first help me sort this out ahead of time?

Also can you tell me if you can upgrade a ticket over the phone to renew an annual pass? Mine will expire in August but my next trip won't be till Sept.

Got lucky with our ticket upgrades today - purchased them before the Feb price increase - added 3 days to 4 tickets - had them priced out at 204 and change but total only came to 124 and change. They gave us the current value for credits.

Hi all!!! I have a question about my tickets and upgrading them. I used a travel agent to purchase room and tickets. The reservation is from Disney Destination LLC and has our room with a 6 day park hopper + 1 fun option. I am planning to take the ticket and upgrade it to an annual pass. here are my questions:
1. Are tickets from Disney Destination LLC able to be bridged or are they tickets directly from Disney and only worth what the travel agent bought them for?
2. If they can be bridged, with the 6 day park hopper + 1 fun option, what would the price of the ticket be? I am assuming it would just be a regular 6 day park hopper, but would they also include the water park ticket as well to the rebate given?
3. Also if bridged, I assume that these tickets would be after the Feb 12 date, but being that I don't have physical copies and they are on the magic band, is there any way to tell?

Thank you all so much in advance!!!

Hi all!!! I have a question about my tickets and upgrading them. I used a travel agent to purchase room and tickets. The reservation is from Disney Destination LLC and has our room with a 6 day park hopper + 1 fun option. I am planning to take the ticket and upgrade it to an annual pass. here are my questions:
1. Are tickets from Disney Destination LLC able to be bridged or are they tickets directly from Disney and only worth what the travel agent bought them for?
2. If they can be bridged, with the 6 day park hopper + 1 fun option, what would the price of the ticket be? I am assuming it would just be a regular 6 day park hopper, but would they also include the water park ticket as well to the rebate given?
3. Also if bridged, I assume that these tickets would be after the Feb 12 date, but being that I don't have physical copies and they are on the magic band, is there any way to tell?

Thank you all so much in advance!!!

Are you from Canada or other non-US location?
I don't know that kind of ticket, so I don't have an answer.

Are you from Canada or other non-US location?
I don't know that kind of ticket, so I don't have an answer.

No, I am in the US. The ticket was part of the deal with the travel agency, they would give us a free water park ticket with booking with them. I thought that it was just going to be a paper ticket mailed to us, but the reservation and MDE shows it as 6 day park hopper with +1 fun option. I asked the travel agent if the ticket could be upgraded but they were not really sure. They said some have had success upgrading the tickets in recent years, but before that, they were not upgradable. I think they were bought in a group/block reservation if that helps.

No, I am in the US. The ticket was part of the deal with the travel agency, they would give us a free water park ticket with booking with them. I thought that it was just going to be a paper ticket mailed to us, but the reservation and MDE shows it as 6 day park hopper with +1 fun option. I asked the travel agent if the ticket could be upgraded but they were not really sure. They said some have had success upgrading the tickets in recent years, but before that, they were not upgradable. I think they were bought in a group/block reservation if that helps.

Ouch! Not me!
Real tickets or NO DEAL.

Sorry.

1. Would calling Disney first help me sort this out ahead of time?

2. can you tell me if you can upgrade a ticket over the phone to renew an annual pass? /QUOTE]

1. Unlikely.
2. Others have done so.
Try calling WDW TICKETING GUEST SERVICES
407-566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30-16:30 ET Mon-Sat

This seems like a dumb question that's I'm embarrassed to ask

I have some really old (circa 2001) unused 1 day park hoppers that I won as put of a Disney weekend were only good for that weekend and have an expiration date long past - Do they have any value? (I didn't pay anything for them)

TIA

So, in light of Disney lifting August blockout dates..this is for both existing and newly purhcased passes, such as FL resident weekday passes? We are going in March and will be using weekday passes, but may be able to convince DH to purchase next week so we can get in a short visit.

This seems like a dumb question that's I'm embarrassed to ask

I have some really old (circa 2001) unused 1 day park hoppers that I won as put of a Disney weekend were only good for that weekend and have an expiration date long past - Do they have any value? (I didn't pay anything for them)

TIA

Very likely they never had (and still do not) any monetary value, as they were "prize" tickets.

Hello Robo and others... I have a unique DVC / FL Resident AP renewal question.

We purchased DVC Gold passes last November when we lived in Ohio and have since moved to Florida and are official Florida residents now. When it is time to renew our AP's later this year, we would prefer to renew these as Silver (Which are available to FL residents only). We do not plan to visit during the additional blockout times associated with the Silver pass. It this possible to do this when we renew or does the renewal have to be a 1-for-1 match meaning we have to renew as Gold since the current AP was purchased as Gold?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Mav

Hello Robo and others... I have a unique DVC / FL Resident AP renewal question.

We purchased DVC Gold passes last November when we lived in Ohio and have since moved to Florida and are official Florida residents now. When it is time to renew our AP's later this year, we would prefer to renew these as Silver (Which are available to FL residents only). We do not plan to visit during the additional blockout times associated with the Silver pass. It this possible to do this when we renew or does the renewal have to be a 1-for-1 match meaning we have to renew as Gold since the current AP was purchased as Gold?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Mav

You can renew to whatever passes you like as long as you qualify for the type you want.

I bought 6 armed forces salute tickets from my local base. Had to cancel our trip because my mom got sick. Are the tickets returnable to the base? Can I resell them to another military family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter