The park hopper option is a flat rate, so it will cost the same if you add it on day 1 or day 4.

I guess I'm not too worried about the price of when I do it, but if the option of doing that with a MYW package is even possible :). In the past, my dad tried doing it with one ticket out of 4 but attempted it at the beginning of our trip when all 4 tix weren't used yet. I'm hoping to be able to change our ticket on the last day after we have already used 3 of them. If that makes any sense lol. Thank you for your reply tho!

I bought a three day ticket (non hopper) to use next month. But I changed my mind and want the four day special ticket that gives one day at each of the four parks. Can I upgrade? If so can I do that before I get there so I can book my fourth day of FP?

I bought a three day ticket (non hopper) to use next month. But I changed my mind and want the four day special ticket that gives one day at each of the four parks.
1. Can I upgrade? If so
2. can I do that before I get there so I can book my fourth day of FP?

1. Yes.
2. Maybe. Call (407) 939-7523 and ask nicely.
Otherwise, you must do the upgrade at WDW.

I guess I'm not too worried about the price of when I do it, but if the option of doing that with a MYW package is even possible :). In the past, my dad tried doing it with one ticket out of 4 but attempted it at the beginning of our trip when all 4 tix weren't used yet. I'm hoping to be able to change our ticket on the last day after we have already used 3 of them. If that makes any sense lol. Thank you for your reply tho!

You can do the upgrade at ANY time during your trip.
For "package tickets," once you have arrived at WDW and checked in for your package, the upgrade can be done even on an individual ticket.

Is it possible to upgrade our tickets to a PH that morning (our last morning going to a park)so I don't have to change all our tickets to a PH?

It costs the same to upgrade a multi-day ticket to "Hopper" when you only have one day left as it is to upgrade the multi-day ticket on the first day you use it (or before.)

You can do the upgrade at ANY time during your trip.
For "package tickets," once you have arrived at WDW and checked in for your package, the upgrade can be done even on an individual ticket.

It costs the same to upgrade a multi-day ticket to "Hopper" when you only have one day left as it is to upgrade the multi-day ticket on the first day you use it (or before.)

Thanks so much! I appreciate the reply :)

I know that tickets purchased from UT can be used toward the purchase of an AP at the gate. Does anyone know if they can be used toward the UPGRADE of a Disneyland AP to the Premiere AP? I won't have the opportunity to upgrade to the Premiere (can only be done at the park) in time to book our fast passes, so I was wondering if purchasing tickets from UT and using those to book my fastpasses and then upgrading would work? Would the fast passes transfer over to the new AP?

If I purchased a park hopper on May 8, first use it August 1, and upgrade it to an AP during that week, would the expiration date be August 1?

If I purchased a park hopper on May 8, first use it August 1, and upgrade it to an AP during that week, would the expiration date be August 1?
Yes

But...
I need to CLARIFY that an AP does not automatically ACTIVATE with first USE.

A guest must take a previously-purchased AP voucher ("certificate') to a ticket booth
or Guest Relations and have the AP ACTIVATED.

It is usually then, that same day, that a guest does first use the new AP.
(But, not always.)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the quick response. That's what I thought. I keep having CMs wanting to date it May 8.

If you buy an AP on-line or over the phone or from a Disney Store, you are automatically
buying an AP certificate.
If you buy an AP at a WDW ticket booth or Guest Relations, and you DO NOT want to start using the AP until a much later date, you need to SPECIFY that you want an AP certificate.

A guest can PURCHASE an AP certificate at any time, but the AP does not
become ACTIVE until the guest goes to the ticket booth or Guest Relations to do so.

BTW, if you were to get an AP for which the CM had entered the wrong start-date, you can get that remedied at any time during that APs year of life.
It is a very, VERY common AP error.

Last edited:
Please forgive me if my questions have already been answered.

I'm considering purchasing a Fl resident silver AP. Is there any benefit in purchasing before I go, early August besides being able to get FP+? I was going to go to DS to buy them.

I have a couple of old Magic Bands from a couple of years ago - I should be able add the new passes to my MDE account right after I purchase them and use my MB at the parks (we are staying offsite for this visit). Correct?

Is there a deal for FL Res (like the one for DVC - if I buy a gold I can get a platinum for the same price?

Thanks for your help.

Please forgive me if my questions have already been answered.

I'm considering purchasing a Fl resident silver AP. Is there any benefit in purchasing before I go, early August besides being able to get FP+? I was going to go to DS to buy them.

I have a couple of old Magic Bands from a couple of years ago - I should be able add the new passes to my MDE account right after I purchase them and use my MB at the parks (we are staying offsite for this visit). Correct?

Is there a deal for FL Res (like the one for DVC - if I buy a gold I can get a platinum for the same price?

Thanks for your help.
I just heard this. How long is the deal good until? I have a Gold Pass and am planning to renew this weekend.

I'm considering purchasing a Fl resident silver AP.
1. Is there any benefit in purchasing before I go, early August besides being able to get FP+?
2. I have a couple of old Magic Bands from a couple of years ago - I should be able add the new passes to my MDE account right after I purchase them and use my MB at the parks (we are staying offsite for this visit). Correct?
3. Is there a deal for FL Res (like the one for DVC - if I buy a gold I can get a platinum for the same price?

1. There MIGHT be a price increase before then (but that's doubtful.)
2. Correct.
3. Sorry, I don't know.

My girlfriend and I originally bought the tickets from OTC as 5 day base tickets. We realized we wanted 6 day hoppers, later, but couldn't upgrade them without going to Disney. My oldest daughter went to Disney last week on a convention, and got them upgraded for me while she was there.

Now, my girlfriend has changed jobs, and she wants to stay an extra day at Disney.

1) Now that the tickets were upgraded on site, can I call to add one more day to them?

My girlfriend and I originally bought the tickets from OTC as 5 day base tickets. We realized we wanted 6 day hoppers, later, but couldn't upgrade them without going to Disney. My oldest daughter went to Disney last week on a convention, and got them upgraded for me while she was there.

Now, my girlfriend has changed jobs, and she wants to stay an extra day at Disney.

1) Now that the tickets were upgraded on site, can I call to add one more day to them?

1) You can try. Call (407) 939-7523 and ask nicely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter