Alaska Cruise in 2 Weeks & WestJet Strike: What to Do?

I had put American Airlines flights on a free 24-hour hold. Since it took over a week for WestJet to reach this decision, I had placed the same round trip flights on hold each time they expired, until I got the news yesterday. I like American's 24-hour hold policy, and even though I didn't end up booking through them this time (although we will fly on them as the stateside portion of our WestJet-booked trip uses American as a carrier), the good experience has confirmed for me that I will book via American in the future. It was really reassuring to have those flights on hold in case a strike had been declared.

Does the hold require payment? So they just refund you, you put another hold so you end up with a bunch of funds tied up for it or can they just reuse the same funds for the next hold?

Does the hold require payment? So they just refund you, you put another hold so you end up with a bunch of funds tied up for it or can they just reuse the same funds for the next hold?
It's a no-payment hold. They don't even request any payment info. The flip side is that there is probably no possibility of getting a refund within 24-hours of an actual purchase, which is required of airlines that don't offer 24-hour holds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter