Alaska Bicycle Excursions?

Shanti

Momketeer
Has anyone done one of the bicycling excursions during their Alaska cruise? Any experiences or opinions on them to share?

Ooh, I did! Was one of the highlights of our trip. Did the one where you take the White Pass Railroad up to the top (lovely) and then cycled downhill back to Skagway. Very easy ride due to being downhill, but I would recommend it for ages 12+ just because you're riding on a road, not a bike path, and you do get up some speed due to the downhill nature.

Several years ago I did a bike and brew excursion in Juneau. The tour was great and the scenic views where amazing especially of the Mendenhall Glacier which is the primary focus of the bicycle tour. We rode through the university and made a few stops along the way at the Chapel by the Lake and a beach area at the lake. After the last stop at the beach area we rode towards the visitor center at the Mendenhall Glacier tourist entrance where you leave your bike and let the tour group load them. You take a short walk to the park to take in the views of the glacier and maybe even some bears. I saw three bears. Afterwards you meet back up where you dropped off your bikes for a short van ride to a brewery where you can sample various types of micro-beers. The only downside was that the bicycles where in really poor condition and they had to swap mine out a few times. I was on the last Alaskan cruise of the season so I'm sure these bicycles got a beating with all the various cruise ships visiting the area but luckily the bicycle tour didn't require a lot of gear shifting or braking. I wanted to the Skagway downhill bicycle excursion but decided on doing something else. Maybe on my next Alaskan cruise I will do that tour.

Ooh, I did! Was one of the highlights of our trip. Did the one where you take the White Pass Railroad up to the top (lovely) and then cycled downhill back to Skagway. Very easy ride due to being downhill, but I would recommend it for ages 12+ just because you're riding on a road, not a bike path, and you do get up some speed due to the downhill nature.

I BIG time second this one. It was beautiful on the way up in the train and an easy ride down. Great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!