alamo and autoslash

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
Just booked with autoslash and prepaid, now I just thought of a question. Can I check in at the kiosk? I don't want to go to the counter at all. The confirmation number on the reservation is not a normal looking alamo reservation. If I call Alamo will they give me the normal Alamo reservation number so I can pull off the rental agreement and do the kiosk?

I'm tagging along here. I found a $100 discount through autoslash for a convertible out of SFO this fall. I need some more info.

Same with me! Found an incredible deal on a convertible out of MCO in August. WAY cheaper than any other rental site so I jumped on the deal. I'd rather not have to wait in line if I can avoid it. I typically rent with Alamo for the purpose of bypassing the counter.

Most of the time "bidding" type sites or travel consolidator companies such as Expedia or Travelocity won't entitle you to use your rental club benefits, but IME, most third-party travel-agent rentals will. Try calling Alamo to add your Insiders number to the reservation; if they are able to do that, you should be able to use kiosks at MCO with no problem.

Also, PS about kiosks everywhere, for the curious: if you rent a vehicle at your home airport with the intent to drive it out of town, kiosks won't work, even if your member number is on the reservation. The major companies all program the kiosks to reject local-address rentals and force you to the counter.

Also, PS about kiosks everywhere, for the curious: if you rent a vehicle at your home airport with the intent to drive it out of town, kiosks won't work, even if your member number is on the reservation. The major companies all program the kiosks to reject local-address rentals and force you to the counter.

Huh. It's never been an issue for my soon to be ex, who rents locally (from seatac) for work at least once a month.

So I saw this and checked auto slash and found about 50 better. Concerned about the counter thing i called Alamo as well as TPA ( flying in there saved us tons on flights and rental car) anyway they added my Alamo insiders number and said I could either check in online ahead of time and go to the row or check in w a kiosk vs counter. Anyone else have experience w Alamo and can confirm this? My last trip we used Costco and checked in online and went straight to the aisle.

I contacted Alamo via email and they said it was not possible to add my Insider number to the reservation. They said once I arrived they could add my number to gain loyalty rewards but I wouldn't be able to bypass the counter.

Really hoping to avoid lines. I might try to contact Alamo at MCO.

I recalled just to get a second opinion, was told to do online checkin on Alamo site and I’d be ok... guess we’ll see

I recalled just to get a second opinion, was told to do online checkin on Alamo site and I’d be ok... guess we’ll see

Have you tried to do the on-line check-in? When I tried using my Alamo reservation number for Autoslash it said I was unable to check-in online. On Alamo's site it says that prepaid rentals are not eligible for online check-in.

I sent an email to autoslash about the kiosk and here is there response.
Thanks for reaching out!

Our prepaid Slash Deals rates are specially negotiated to be super discounted. Because they’re handled through a different system, the rental companies unfortunately don’t support adding loyalty program numbers so there isn’t a way to bypass the counter in most cases..

If there’s a long line at the rental counter, you might try going to the dedicated line or kiosk for loyalty program members—they may be able to assist you faster there.

Also, when renting with National, Emerald Club members renting at Emerald Aisle locations can go directly to the parking lot. If you reserve an intermediate car or higher, you can even still choose from the Emerald Aisle (or the Executive Selection if you are an Executive member). The agent at the exit booth will be able to add your Emerald Club number to your rental so you can get on your way quickly. In our experience, Slash Deals rentals do earn National Emerald Club credits, though we aren’t able to guarantee loyalty program points and benefits with Slash Deals reservations.

No too sure why they referred to National because I specifically ask about Alamo.

I love these boards. I had never heard of auto slayer before reading this post, I just booked a intermediate suv with Alamo for our January trip for only $221!!! I had budgeted 350-600 depending on car type we chose. We will be way under our car budget, so more room for Mickey snacks!!

I have tried autoslash each time I travel. Not once have they had a better deal than Costco or Hotwire. What I have noticed is that Costco rates keep dropping every few days until a week or two out. I book, then each time it drops cancel and book at the lower rate.

My COSTCO travel package in Hawaii included an Alamo car. Because it was part of my package, prepaid, I couldn't "skip the counter". At one point COSTCO supplied my Alamo reservation number. I was able to go online and provide my flight information and drivers license.

When I got to Alamo in OGG a rep told me I had the choice of using the kiosk or counter. I was able to pull up my reservation at the kiosk, confirm my drivers license, deny the extras and print my contract. I walked over the lot and picked a car in my category.

When I went to a kiosk in HNL a rep came over and "explained the extras to me". By old standards it was low key, maybe not to someone wasn't sure. I was polite. My credit card give me primary coverage. You're nice enough to give me a car with a full tank the least I can do is return it the same way. Finally he asked if I wanted the GPS. I think it was close to $20 a day for a stand alone (Garmin type GPS). I looked at him and asked why would I want to rent a GPS vs using Google maps on my cellphone. He said something like free vs $150 makes sense then walked away.

My understanding is virtually any reservation can use either the kiosk or counter. Only some reservations are eligible to "skip the counter" and go directly to the lot. In this context the counter and kiosk is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!