Akv Strange Booking Restrictions Today

Just curious. Will there be any non-DVC concierge rooms left for non-member guests to book? My impression is that DVC gets the entire 5th & 6th floors.

Just curious. Will there be any non-DVC concierge rooms left for non-member guests to book? My impression is that DVC gets the entire 5th & 6th floors.
I believe they are now putting AKL (hotel) concierge guests on the 4th floor. The lounge is still on the 6th floor so guests just take the elevator up to the lounge (as they did when many of them opted to stay on the 5th floor). The only difference is that the 4th floor rooms are standard-size AKL rooms, about 40-50 sq. ft. smaller than the deluxe-size rooms on the 5th and 6th floors that were previously available to hotel guests staying concierge.

I believe they are now putting AKL (hotel) concierge guests on the 4th floor. The lounge is still on the 6th floor so guests just take the elevator up to the lounge (as they did when many of them opted to stay on the 5th floor). The only difference is that the 4th floor rooms are standard-size AKL rooms, about 40-50 sq. ft. smaller than the deluxe-size rooms on the 5th and 6th floors that were previously available to hotel guests staying concierge.

Just to add to that...the 40-50 sq ft "reduction" also means a reduction, by one, in occupancy.

The former deluxe concierge rooms slept 5...the standard only sleep 4.

Do we know for sure that the room sizes aren't being changed? It seems to me that AK concierge is being downgraded.

Bobbi

Do we know for sure that the room sizes aren't being changed? It seems to me that AK concierge is being downgraded.

Bobbi
I've seen posts that indicate they now refer to concierge at AKL as "Standard Concierge" and I think the price was reduced. That would make sense since AKL's Standard sized rooms rent for less than the Deluxe rooms.

I've seen posts that indicate they now refer to concierge at AKL as "Standard Concierge" and I think the price was reduced. That would make sense since AKL's Standard sized rooms rent for less than the Deluxe rooms.
I originally had a deluxe concierge room booked with cash for Dec 1 and then later changed that to a standard concierge. I don't remembr the price difference but I think it was about $100 less for the standard room. Of course, that's back when the cash concierge rooms were still on the 5th and 6th floors. I have no idea where our room will be now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter