AKV Club Level

MandM22

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know which floor(s) you get when you request a 1br club level at AKV Jambo House?:confused3 What views do you get? I know that you don't ask for savanna view or standard... Just curious before we make the commitment. Thanks for any help or advice...:goodvibes

All of the concierge rooms are on the sixth floor. Occasionally they overbook the concierge category and give the overflow guests rooms on the fifth floor.

What views do you get? I know that you don't ask for savanna view or standard.

There are five 2 bedroom lock-offs available three are savanna view and two are pool view. You do not get a choice of view. According to other posts and my experience the over-hang from the roof blocks most of the view. Most people book these rooms for the Sunrise Safari and the snacks/drinks/etc in the lounge.

There are five 2 bedroom lock-offs available three are savanna view and two are pool view. You do not get a choice of view. According to other posts and my experience the over-hang from the roof blocks most of the view. Most people book these rooms for the Sunrise Safari and the snacks/drinks/etc in the lounge.

We stayed in one last Feb and our view was only so-so but we did the Sunrise Safari and it was amazing, worth every penny.

IMO it's a little over hyped. Yes you get daily turn down service and daily room cleaning and yes they put out some finger food and drinks. You do get access to the Concierge CM's for bookings but the lounge, food, drinks, and CM's are shared with all of the AKL Concierge Guests.

Depending on the food offerings, there can be a stampede so go early.
In addition to not being able to request the savanna view as PP the roof line hangs down and cuts off your view and the savanna is a dead end so the animals don't pass by, they have to be attracted with food. Stayed there twice and each time all we saw were some birds and a big buffalo.

Everyone should give it a try at least once.

:earsboy: Bill

We stayed in one last Feb and our view was only so-so but we did the Sunrise Safari and it was amazing, worth every penny.

I agree! We had one in December and the view was OK, but I'd do the Sunrise Safari in a heartbeat! One of the best I've taken.

We loved AKV Concierge level.

We did the Sunrise Safari, Sunset Safari and the Wildlife Discovery Excursion and loved all three.

We have stayed twice at concierge level. Once we had a savana view, once we had the roof/pool view.....both were the worse two vies we have had at AKV.

But we have gone on the Sunrise Safari twice.....love, love, loved it!

IMO it's a little over hyped. Yes you get daily turn down service and daily room cleaning and yes they put out some finger food and drinks. You do get access to the Concierge CM's for bookings but the lounge, food, drinks, and CM's are shared with all of the AKL Concierge Guests.

Depending on the food offerings, there can be a stampede so go early.
In addition to not being able to request the savanna view as PP the roof line hangs down and cuts off your view and the savanna is a dead end so the animals don't pass by, they have to be attracted with food. Stayed there twice and each time all we saw were some birds and a big buffalo.

Everyone should give it a try at least once.

Pretty much sums it up!

I think the "buffalo" was CJ the eland (largest antelope), and the birds were Wood Storks. They play with sticks, passing them back and forth to each other. Guess I liked the view -- even with roof overhang.

Agree that the Sunset Safari is wonderful -- only way to get out on the savannas at the Lodge. I like the Sunrise Safari too, just prefer the Sunset.

I think the "buffalo" was CJ the eland (largest antelope), and the birds were Wood Storks. They play with sticks, passing them back and forth to each other. Guess I liked the view -- even with roof overhang.

Agree that the Sunset Safari is wonderful -- only way to get out on the savannas at the Lodge. I like the Sunrise Safari too, just prefer the Sunset.

The buffalo was more like a big steer and the only time that he came to the dead end is when he saw the food truck.

IMO the paying Guests didn't care for the 6th floor rooms and they had trouble keeping them booked so they turned them into DVC rooms.

Like I said everyone should give Concierge a try at least once. We are there for a few days again next April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter