AKL Owners

pcparamedics01

DIS Veteran
My home resort is SSR. I have been toying with adding more points at SSR or AKL. My dilemma is this. I am worried about how much the maintenence fees could go up with the expense of all the upkeep and maintenance of the animals in the future. I know there is a percentage cap but it could go to the maximum per year. Have any of you been worried about the cost of the maintenence fees in AKL?

I can only speak for me but I am not worried at all. The maintainence fees (IMHO) pay for the upkeep and help make sure all is well. I would be concerned if they go up and don't improve the surroundings but so far we have not seen anything but improvements at our other home resorts.

Not worried about AKV.

My home resort is SSR. I have been toying with adding more points at SSR or AKL. My dilemma is this. I am worried about how much the maintenence fees could go up with the expense of all the upkeep and maintenance of the animals in the future. I know there is a percentage cap but it could go to the maximum per year. Have any of you been worried about the cost of the maintenence fees in AKL?

Thanks that helps

I too am not really concerned about large increases in the AKV maintenance fees. As it stands now they fall right in the middle of the range for all DVC resorts. I don't anticipate them growing disproportionately to the other resort's dues increases.

Besides for the animals, the concierge and value categories, and the seclusion (which I feel is a bonus) I'm willing to pay a little more as long as they keep things nice and neat.

It's not a life long commitment. If dues get out of hand, sell.

The annimals are part of AK the park they are not cared for or paid for by either the hotel or the villas. They are part of a conservation project funded by Disney.I'm sure dues will be needed for some support of the grounds but the annimals are fed and cared for by adifferent division. Now if I can just find the web page where I read about this . It was a while ago, Disney also has a huge nature preserve south of Orlando. The dues are worth it though unless they get outrageous for some reason. I love the whole atmosphere of AKL so I'm sure I'll love AKV as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter