AKL Deluxe Rooms ?

E

erikthewise

I know there are deluxe rooms on the fifth floor. How many, where are they, and how can you tell if you have one?!

Reason I ask: last year we stayed on the fifth floor in a savanna view room for three days, after five days in a BCV 1BR suite. Although we like AKL, the move to a much smaller room was a bit of a letdown with a family of four.

Wouldn't it be funny if we had been given an upgrade to a deluxe room, and we didn't even know it?! Under the circumstances, I'm not sure that the extra 37 sq ft would have been noticed.

Deluxe rooms have occupany for 5, one queen bed, one set of bunk beds and one day bed.

I did not find them any larger than the other rooms just that the bed setup is different.

The rooms at AKL are not very large unless you get a suite.

Not all deluxe rooms are set up that way! We had a deluxe room that did NOT have a day bed in it.

Anne

A deluxe room at AKL is supposed to be 380 square feet, whereas a standard room is 344 square feet. After staying at the Poly (409 sq. feet), it's hard to imagine being in a (standard) room at AKL, but that's exactly what we're going to do this year. I understand that the deluxe rooms are configured in many different ways--if you have the new WDW dvd, there's a special section devoted to the resorts and room layouts.

We stayed in a deluxe room at AKL. It was slightly larger than a standard room but still not enough room for us. When you pull out the daybed it almost touches the end of the queen bed which made walking to the balcony doors a little tight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter