Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

I went back to my Sobeys today with the great sales lady to get something else totally unrelated. She recognized me and asked how many AM I got on the gift cards yesterday. I said 150AM. She said that the 150AM in the flyer will be given to anyone even without the Mega Miles scan, but that it isn't showing on receipt. She actually showed me an email she had printed instructing clerks to tell customers that they should get 300AM and that it will be credited to their accounts. So maybe we will all get our extra 150AM

I went to Sobey's yesterday (Oshawa location on Taunton Road). Went straight the to Customer Service desk and purchased $150 gift cards x 4. The lady there told the gentleman in front of me and myself that her Manager has said to let people using their Mega Mile coupons know that we will get both promotions. Her Manager said only one will show on the receipt, but the other promotion is suppose to show up a few weeks later in our air miles profile. I'm sceptical but I sure hope she is correct.

By the way, after purchasing the gift cards I purchased groceries AND added a $100 Swiss Chalet gift card, a $50 Chapters gift card, a $100 Shell gift card, and two $25 Shell gift cards to my groceries AND paid for them all using the Sobey's gift cards I just purchased. No problem. The Cashier did not bat an eye.

This afternoon I'm heading back to Sobey's to get more gift cards on my husband's account. Then going to Foodland for groceries and will add $300 in Shell gift cards to my groceries. I'm pretty certain they will let me pay with the Sobey's gift cards at that location as I have done it in the past.

After I purchase more Sobey's gift cards on my husband's AM card, I am all done with the Mega Mile's under my husband's card. I did:
- Rexall's
- Staples
- Shell
- Sobey's
- Foodland

For my card I still need one more. I'm kicking myself for not using the Rexall one yesterday under my card as well as my husband's. I have done:
- Staples
- Shell
- Sobey's
- Foodland

I bought 2 gc at my Sobey's today and only got 150 points, so off to the Customer Service desk I went. They gave me the 150 points for the second card (but definitely did not get 300 per card)

Urban Fresh follow up:

I went downtown to the Urban Fresh I purchased GC at Friday morning. I took one of my "correct" Sobeys receipts with me. I tried to explain how the promotion was supposed to work to the 2 women behind the cash. That the two promotions were unique (it wasn't and either/or situation). DH stood a good 10 feet away watching the whole thing. I presented all the information I have gathered here from all my fellow AM hunters. At first they were skeptical and then they agreed to make it right and give me the 75 AM per card for the flyer promotion which weren't on my receipt because the system wasn't working properly Friday morning.

I don't know if they really bought into what I was trying to tell them or if they finally agreed just to get rid of me. Either way, I got my AM.

They definitely said the MM coupon AM would show up later on.

Thank you to everyone who posted their experience with this "stupid" promotion. I wouldn't have had the nerve to go back and get what I deserved without your experiences to back me up.

I went to Sobey's yesterday (Oshawa location on Taunton Road). Went straight the to Customer Service desk and purchased $150 gift cards x 4. The lady there told the gentleman in front of me and myself that her Manager has said to let people using their Mega Mile coupons know that we will get both promotions. Her Manager said only one will show on the receipt, but the other promotion is suppose to show up a few weeks later in our air miles profile. I'm sceptical but I sure hope she is correct.

By the way, after purchasing the gift cards I purchased groceries AND added a $100 Swiss Chalet gift card, a $50 Chapters gift card, a $100 Shell gift card, and two $25 Shell gift cards to my groceries AND paid for them all using the Sobey's gift cards I just purchased. No problem. The Cashier did not bat an eye.

This afternoon I'm heading back to Sobey's to get more gift cards on my husband's account. Then going to Foodland for groceries and will add $300 in Shell gift cards to my groceries. I'm pretty certain they will let me pay with the Sobey's gift cards at that location as I have done it in the past.

Wow! I sure wish I was in that lineup behind you, because they'd have to let me buy gift cards using my gift cards also. Thanks for sharing your experience, even though I'm nowhere near Oshawa!

So follow up. Went back this morning to my Sobeys and the manager was all ready. No issues added the 150 per card x 4 and even pointed out that one promo let 4 cards per and the other 5. Now it might have slipped me that also in the fine print was can not be combined. Shucks saw that after..

I bought 2 gc at my Sobey's today and only got 150 points, so off to the Customer Service desk I went. They gave me the 150 points for the second card (but definitely did not get 300 per card)

That is what happened to me too. Customer service said the cashier should have known to do two separate transactions.

I never saw that fine print (need better glasses). One of my GC purchases was without the coupon and I still didn't get the AM. If they review everything and don't give us the AM for the coupon use that's OK so long as I get credit for the MM purpose.

Hi everyone. I've been away on a Disney vaca for the past 1 and a half. Got soem Sobeys cards today to start off my MM collecting. My wife and I have separate cards from the SIM offer and I have a question.
I have both a BMO and an AMEX card, but both are tied to my wife's AM # XXXXX. When I opt in to the CC offer for MM, I have to put in an AM #. Does that AM # have to match the one that is tied to the card on a regular basis, or can I sign up say the AMEX card to my # YYYYY for the MM promotion? This way I can have a CC option for both AM cards, rather than 2 for 1 card only. I think no, but I thought I'd ask the experts. Hopefully I've explained things in a way that make sense.

I'm so late to this party... but I'm just getting into collecting my Airmiles!! The only place in town that I could collect them is at the Shell, which I don't usually go to. But if I go to the city, I could totally get gift cards for Sobeys and the other grocery stores! My boyfriend prefers to grocery shop at Sobeys, so no loss there! Although he would think this is a total waste of time, I disagree! I would just like to clarify that if it doesn't say in the fine print that gift cards are excluded, they are fair game?? I was reading one earlier and it specified X dollars of "grocery" items before tax??
First up I need to :welcome: you to the hunt! You're not too late, perfect time to join us is during a big promo because you will get lots of hints as we all try to max the miles (some of us are even working on 2 -- or more cards)

Gift cards: unless they are specifically mentioned in flyers -- or coupon booklets like the MM -- you will NOT earn miles nor will the count towards any threshold spend offers (spend X get X AM) that often happen at grocery stores & Rexall. Shell is the exception to the rule in that you will earn miles on any card OTHER than a Shell gift card. I don't know what the math is for those, but i know there is a both a transaction & daily limit to the number of miles you can earn at Shell. There are times when Shell will have a multiplier offer on things you buy in store and gift cards fall under that category. Hubby and I rarely go to Shell since there is only one location in our city and it is very awkwardly placed in an intersection that is at times blocked by train traffic but I know there are others who are regulars and they might be better able to answer.

If you haven't already found the main thread where we discuss the weekly offers you should pop over and join us. I do my best to keep the first post updated with links to current flyers. I do NOT consider myself an expert at all but have a lot of time on my hand and tend to keep excessively detailed records so you could look for my posts to see if any questions have already been answered, if not don't hesitate to ask!

Airmiles Weekly Thread

Actually, I wonder if there is a difference because my receipt for the gas actually shows up under a receipt from Sobeys Express. It's Shell gas but you pay inside the Sobeys Express. ??? SO CONFUSED!!! ????
***This is only speculation on my part so take it with a grain of salt***
I know that during the Soar into More promos that included buying gas they had to be a locations that were strictly gas -- places that are attached to other businesses were NOT included so I'm not sure if the station you went to would be included? I studied the coupon in the booklet and online and i can't see if this as a problem or not but if this is your 5th coupon you might want to hit up a Shell that is stand alone ??

OH. MY. GOSH! I am so happy!!! :cool1: I went to the Whitby location (Sobey's) and told the Customer Service person what the Oshawa location told me. He called for the Manager to come. She said YES the 150 air miles WILL stack! Someone here mentioned a letter. This Manager told me all Sobeys have received an e-mail from Head Office regarding this AND SHE SHOWED ME THE PRINTED E-MAIL!!! :thumbsup2

The e-mail specifically says the 150 air miles that show on everyone's receipt is from the flyer offer. The 150 air miles from the Mega Miles will NOT show on the receipe, but as long as the MM coupon has been scanned and shows the coupon code, the 150 mega miles will show up in the collector's accounts in a few weeks. I was so excited at seeing this e-mail confirmation that I can't remember how many weeks it said for the Mega Miles to show up. Sorry.

Her theory is that Sobeys and Air Miles did not communicate with each other and accidentally ran the 150 air mile promo at the same time. She believes the e-mail receieved from Sobey's Head Office was sent out to confirm Sobey's will honor the double promo.

First up I need to :welcome: you to the hunt! You're not too late, perfect time to join us is during a big promo because you will get lots of hints as we all try to max the miles (some of us are even working on 2 -- or more cards)

Gift cards: unless they are specifically mentioned in flyers -- or coupon booklets like the MM -- you will NOT earn miles nor will the count towards any threshold spend offers (spend X get X AM) that often happen at grocery stores & Rexall. Shell is the exception to the rule in that you will earn miles on any card OTHER than a Shell gift card. I don't know what the math is for those, but i know there is a both a transaction & daily limit to the number of miles you can earn at Shell. There are times when Shell will have a multiplier offer on things you buy in store and gift cards fall under that category. Hubby and I rarely go to Shell since there is only one location in our city and it is very awkwardly placed in an intersection that is at times blocked by train traffic but I know there are others who are regulars and they might be better able to answer.

If you haven't already found the main thread where we discuss the weekly offers you should pop over and join us. I do my best to keep the first post updated with links to current flyers. I do NOT consider myself an expert at all but have a lot of time on my hand and tend to keep excessively detailed records so you could look for my posts to see if any questions have already been answered, if not don't hesitate to ask!

Airmiles Weekly Thread
For Shell it is for every $5 spent instore you get 5am. So a $100gc(not a shell gc) nets you 100am. Would love to find a shell in my area that has Disney GC. With the 20% we made on the Sobeys GC, then turned around and bought Shell GC. To buy Disney GC would equal a 30% discount. But sadly have not been able to find a Shell that has them. Good luck to those who do.

Rexall poste Mega Miles to account
Curious, are you saying that on your AM account it actually says Mega Miles beside your Rexall miles or you're just seeing the miles from yesterday showing up as usual?

We hit up Rexall yesterday hoping to get the 100 from the flyer plus the 40 from the MM coupon but we just weren't able to bump up to the $50.00 threshold to make that happen and couldn't justify an extra $10 worth of stuff to simply get AM (doesn't meet our requirements of not buying anything we don't need). Got to the till and one item she scanned came up on sale .. $1.50 less than the tag on the shelf and the large sticker on the product .. i spun around to hubby "AAKK the book is on sale!! Quick find something that's under $2.00" I kept watching the screen and something ELSE was on sale :crazy2: I glanced behind me to see a MASSIVE line so just grabbed 2 packs of gum and chucked them up on the counter. The poor kid at the cash kept giggling at me as she told me i hadn't met the $50 threshold for the 100 AM and told me she's never had anyone so upset that things were on sale! Too much stress for one afternoon :faint:

***This is only speculation on my part so take it with a grain of salt***
I know that during the Soar into More promos that included buying gas they had to be a locations that were strictly gas -- places that are attached to other businesses were NOT included so I'm not sure if the station you went to would be included? I studied the coupon in the booklet and online and i can't see if this as a problem or not but if this is your 5th coupon you might want to hit up a Shell that is stand alone ??
Thanks.
I spoke to someone at Air Miles and they told me there was only one exception to the Shell coupon (Flying J or something like that).
I'll just keep an eye on my transactions to see if and when it shows up. But, yes, I may hit up another stand alone Shell (just in case).

OH. MY. GOSH! I am so happy!!! :cool1: I went to the Whitby location (Sobey's) and told the Customer Service person what the Oshawa location told me. He called for the Manager to come. She said YES the 150 air miles WILL stack! Someone here mentioned a letter. This Manager told me all Sobeys have received an e-mail from Head Office regarding this AND SHE SHOWED ME THE PRINTED E-MAIL!!! :thumbsup2

The e-mail specifically says the 150 air miles that show on everyone's receipt is from the flyer offer. The 150 air miles from the Mega Miles will NOT show on the receipe, but as long as the MM coupon has been scanned and shows the coupon code, the 150 mega miles will show up in the collector's accounts in a few weeks. I was so excited at seeing this e-mail confirmation that I can't remember how many weeks it said for the Mega Miles to show up. Sorry.

Her theory is that Sobeys and Air Miles did not communicate with each other and accidentally ran the 150 air mile promo at the same time. She believes the e-mail receieved from Sobey's Head Office was sent out to confirm Sobey's will honor the double promo.

At Sobeys in Orleans, they told me 4 weeks for the MM to appear on our accounts.

Hope you don't mind that i took this info and replaced my speculation regarding the whole double-dipping/stacking issue with this official response.

Actually, I wonder if there is a difference because my receipt for the gas actually shows up under a receipt from Sobeys Express. It's Shell gas but you pay inside the Sobeys Express. ??? SO CONFUSED!!! ????

We have the same with IGA Express and my Mega Miles coupon for Shell worked there. Went the first day of the promotion (March 8) and used the Shell coupon. The MM miles are clearly labeled as such on the receipt AND they posted correctly on DH’s account.

Hope you don't mind that i took this info and replaced my speculation regarding the whole double-dipping/stacking issue with this official response.

Of course. I don't mind.

I really wanted to ask her if I could take a photo of the printed out e-mail in her binder but I did not have the nerve. She probably would have said no in case it appeared online and she'd get in trouble.

Curious, are you saying that on your AM account it actually says Mega Miles beside your Rexall miles or you're just seeing the miles from yesterday showing up as usual?
My Rexall airmiles showed up as well from my shopping yesterday. It doesn't say mega miles on the air miles website but these are the only miles that I earned yesterday. I earned the spend 50 get 100 and the spend 40 get 40 for the promo. This matches what was shown on my receipt so I guess it is just showing up as bonus miles not mega miles.
17 Mar 18
Rexall_2016_Logo_S.png
AJAX 1 REWARD MILE PER $20 +2
17 Mar 18
Rexall_2016_Logo_S.png
AJAX BONUS MILES +100
17 Mar 18
Rexall_2016_Logo_S.png
AJAX BONUS MILES +40

Just wish that my airmiles shops miles would show up so that I know that I have them. I have received all of my purchases but nothing shown for it on the air miles site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter