Airmiles Armchair Chatter

THIS is why i love this group! We're all willing to help each other out without any of the drama that exists elsewhere on social media (even when we veer WAAAYY off topic!) I was so excited to check out this option since we're all about saving money in this family. While it's a business trip and he can claim the expenses on his taxes, it's his own business so he has to actually MAKE the money to cover the expenses in the first place! SO i poked around and found out that the Surrey Central Station is ideal because there are 3 car rental agencies within walking distance and he'll actually be working in South Surrey. HOWEVER, none of them are open late enough on Sunday :( A little deeper dig though and it wouldn't really save enough for him to want the hassle of getting back to the airport for a 6 am flight when the first train doesn't leave the station until after 6.

Back to the drawing board :surfweb:
Bummer! Try also to look for car rental offices on Marine Drive in Vancouver. They might work... also, try picking up somewhere and dropping at airport. South Surrey is a difficult location transportation wise. ALSO, AVOID SURREY CENTRAL. Terrible neighbourhood. It’s really uncomfortable - and that’s where I went to school so I’m sort of familiar. Arriving to that area as an “introduction” for your week here probably isn’t the best first impression. :-/

Bummer! Try also to look for car rental offices on Marine Drive in Vancouver. They might work... also, try picking up somewhere and dropping at airport. South Surrey is a difficult location transportation wise. ALSO, AVOID SURREY CENTRAL. Terrible neighbourhood. It’s really uncomfortable - and that’s where I went to school so I’m sort of familiar. Arriving to that area as an “introduction” for your week here probably isn’t the best first impression. :-/

He's been doing this trek since 2010 -- just after the Olympics had wrapped up so we're familiar with that!! He usually stays in White Rock but the hotel is booked up this time (almost like it's mid summer or sumtin :P ) His flight gets in around 8:30 pm Sunday, he leaves at 6 am the following Saturday & the only driving he'll be doing is from the airport, to a Safeway/Sobeys for water & snackies and then back & forth between the hotel & office. He won't even go out to eat unless he's close to a White Spot! I wish i could join him but not worth my time or money (or AM for flights) to sit in a hotel room for a week.

I might be in the minority here, but I would go back and get those air miles!!! Just tell them to fix it so you don't lose the value of your coupon.
I would go back for 100 AM as well but not if I'm in the wrong by a day .. the coupon was only good for today. HOWEVER most of us have found that if you return things to Rexall the miles don't get clawed back so i *MIGHT* be tempted to return everything and then repurchase it :rolleyes1

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a Disneyland ticket from Airmiles? I want to keep earning enough for a 5 day ticket, instead of ordering the 3 day pass now, but I also don't want to cut it too close time wise.

Side question, if I order a 3 day ticket from Airmiles and upgrade to a 5 day at the gates, does Disney give you full value for the 3 day ticket?

Thanks in advance!

Mel.

Since no one has got back to you on this yet, I'll take a shot at it.

We ordered our DLR tickets through Air Miles in February and it took three business days to receive them. They did send us tracking.

I haven't tried upgrading a three day ticket to a five day...but the expectation is that these AREN'T the Canadian discount ones, so they should give you full value for the three day ticket. You should be able to upgrade them without a problem. I know for a fact that you can upgrade the SoCal City Pass 3 day Disneyland ticket and have it count as full value. There's no reason why the AM tickets would be different.

Just looked at my L&G for Rexall. Whopping "1" offer. The one that's available to everyone Friday and Saturday. DH has 12 offers. I went to Rexall yesterday and used the email coupon. There were more items in the flyer that I was interested in than in today's flyer. Someday they will welcome me back into the fold. For now I'm being punished for being an avid AM collector.:guilty:

The Sobeys threshold offers are clearly driven by past buying behaviour, but I've noticed that when they do their gift cards offers and I go buy like $750 then I end up getting a crazy offer this week:

35Am for $500 spend

Seriously Sobeys????

Oh my Gosh!!
I thought my spend 120.00 get 30 was bad.
Let's hope it's a typo error and things go back to normal soon.
Hugs to you
Mel

Reminder to all AM Hunters. Check your receipt for AM earned and your AM #. I shopped at Rexall yesterday. Handed cashier the email and my card. Seemed to scan both, as usual. Checked to see if my AM were in my account this morning, as I do because I'm an avid collector. No AM from yesterdays shop. Check an hour later, no AM. Do a few things around the house then go and double check the receipt, not my AM # on receipt. It also wasn't DH or DS's #. Call the store and explain the situation. They know me well and know I wouldn't make up such a thing. Go in and see them and the Manager "Made it right" (but only just, no extra for my trouble, not that that was the issue).

I've never had this happen before with all the transactions I've done. It was a new cashier at the store. I told the Manager what happened, it's up to him to see where things went wrong but I'm just putting out this extra warning to everyone so that the same "error" doesn't happen to you.

Rant over I feel better now.:thumbsup2

Totally off topic!!

I’m in Disneyland right now with my daughter. She sells Scentsy, and they’re having their Scentsy Familt Reunion (convention type thing) right now. Scentsy announced a partnership with Disney!!

There’s Buddies, waxes, scent bars, etc. Doctor Disney posted about it today. The Pooh & Tigger Buddies gobon sale on Monday, not 100% sure about the rest of the collection. I’ve seen the Mickey Buddy - so cute, but won’t be available for a few weeks, I believe.

http://doctordisney.com/2018/07/19/disney-and-scentsy-have-partnered-together-for-a-brand-new-line/

Totally off topic!!

I’m in Disneyland right now with my daughter. She sells Scentsy, and they’re having their Scentsy Familt Reunion (convention type thing) right now. Scentsy announced a partnership with Disney!!

There’s Buddies, waxes, scent bars, etc. Doctor Disney posted about it today. The Pooh & Tigger Buddies gobon sale on Monday, not 100% sure about the rest of the collection. I’ve seen the Mickey Buddy - so cute, but won’t be available for a few weeks, I believe.

http://doctordisney.com/2018/07/19/disney-and-scentsy-have-partnered-together-for-a-brand-new-line/
Aw gahd no. My SIL does that thing... and she's always trying to sell it on us. Last thing I need is her trying to peddle Mickey-shaped objects.

If I wanted my home to smell like cookies, I'm going to bake said cookies so I can eat them! :D

Yes this flyer is pretty dismal but I have a few things I need to stock up on, so I am pretty sure I can get at least ONE use out of the $100/100 Safeway coupon this weekend.

Totally off topic!!

Love to hear how it was when you get back. Heading end of Aug for our first time ever there.
Sad that no world of colour, matterhorn, and haunted mansion will all be down when we are there.

Is anyone in the US between today and July 29th? I have $30 in Kohl's cash to pass on if someone can use it. I have physical coupons but can message the code to use online. Kohl's does delivery or free in-store pickup.
I love Kohl's....don't think I will get there this month though. Generally, my Kohls cash goes to waste. Shame that they stopped letting you use it past the date on it.

Are Egg Noodles pasta? You know its time for an afternoon ice cream when you find yourself arguing with customer service at Metro over whether or not the egg noodles you just purchased because they had 3AM attached to them are pasta or not (It was an offer on my card for dry pasta, not fresh not frozen). I don't know what else they could be? They gave me the 3AM and now I'm having my ice cream to cool down.

edit to add: I read the cooking directions after posting this and it refers to the product in the package as "pasta". I can't believe I had to have the argument with CS. At first she tried to tell me the AM would show up in 120days. I responded with then why did these miles show up for the mushrooms and these miles for the crackers. Just a frustrating experience. But it's been that kind of day. I should have put the A/C on. Will do that tomorrow.

Last edited:
Are Egg Noodles pasta? You know its time for an afternoon ice cream when you find yourself arguing with customer service at Metro over whether or not the egg noodles you just purchased because they had 3AM attached to them are pasta or not (It was an offer on my card for dry pasta, not fresh not frozen). I don't know what else they could be? They gave me the 3AM and now I'm having my ice cream to cool down.

IMO noodles=pasta.

Does anyone else get frustrated with Air Miles removing things? I switched over my account to cash miles to save up for Staples vouchers and just as I got enough they removed them, so finally decided on saving for a Nintendo Switch from Toys R Us and they have now removed the Toys R Us vouchers - couldn't they tell us that they will be gone soon (or some kind of notice?)

If they keep them in the pasta section (I'm pretty sure they do!), then egg noodles are pasta! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter