Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Safeway's flyer does not look like much to me... I wonder what the in-store AM deals will be.

P.S. there will soon be an American Girl doll outlet in Hershey

Time for updated flyer links & the musings of the resident Duck
Super early peek at Rexall .. as mentioned above there's a threshold spend coupon for Thursday only that's the same as the flyer so it's a question of studying the flyers and seeing which will be your best bet .. the upcoming one has a fair number of offers

Rexall Ontario Flyer

Sobeys

Urban Fresh Flyer

• Oliveri pasta/sauce/gnocchi starting at $4.99 buy 3 get 20 AM
  • WOW, nothing much else but the flyer claims 1250 in store offers
Western Flyer
  • Fri-Sun spend $100 get 100 AM
  • Fresh Mozzarella starting at $5.49 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Compliments eggs -no price get 10 AM
  • Natrel milk $4 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Ready to eat Orvile R popcorn $2.99 buy 3 get 15 AM
  • Colgate toothpaste 2/$4 buy 4 get 25 AM
  • A couple of pharmacy items hovering around the 1:1 ratio
  • OOH get that blood glucose monitor you keep forgetting .. get 200 AM
  • July 19th - 22nd spend $150 on booze, get 150 AM
Atlantic Flyer
  • Thursday - Sat buy at $200 gift card get 100 AM
  • Old Dutch Chips 2/$5 buy 4 get 35 AM
Foodland Atlantic Flyer
  • Looks pretty sad again this week -- a few that are hovering around the 1:1 ratio

I was going to head to Rexall tomorrow but now I am hesitant because the new flyer has a few things I am interested in.
I think I'll wait. I am hoping that Cashmere tp has more than a 4 limit--I can't see with the quality of flyer shown.
Hugs Mel

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a Disneyland ticket from Airmiles? I want to keep earning enough for a 5 day ticket, instead of ordering the 3 day pass now, but I also don't want to cut it too close time wise.

Side question, if I order a 3 day ticket from Airmiles and upgrade to a 5 day at the gates, does Disney give you full value for the 3 day ticket?

Thanks in advance!

Mel.

Gosh...the AM our west suck at Safeway here ( and the only place I can collect Am ) It's a good thing we have the credit card to collect am. Otherwise I would not have collected hardly any miles this year. It is hard to keep trying to collect when they have such dismal offerings.

On a side note...I did see one other offer in the west for Safeway/Sobeys... 25.00 GC to Brown Social House for 30 Am or a 50.00 GC for 60 Am. I might pick one of those up. We do like to eat there.

Remember me saying we needed more ice cream before the new flyer came out? Hubby happened to be driving past a Sobeys yesterday afternoon so i sent him armed with a cooler full of ice packs and water bottles we keep in the freezer. I expected him to come home with 4 of sumtin ... nope, he brought home EIGHT! Love my man :love2:

Side note - i spent some time yesterday studying the transportation board and Mousesavers for codes to use at rental car agencies and i found several that worked for hubby's trip out west. The last one i tried before i fell into bed has dropped my price to around $575 and i originally i was coming in around $680. Just a suggestion for anyone who needs to rent a car ANYWHERE, the codes out there will work in Canada as well and most don't need you to produce anything when you pick the car up. The code I last tried also gives a portion to Kid's Wish Foundation, how cool is THAT?!?!

O/T
Shhhhhhh............... my Fall/Winter weekend getaway.
Every once in awhile I need a break away and since Niagara Falls is an easy drive for me(except that big bridge),,makes my hands sweat crossing over it.Just Sharing.

Mel, when you say to the "big bridge" are you referring to the Skyway Bridge on the QEW in Hamilton? If so, you can by pass the bridge by taking Eastport Drive. I do it all the time because I HATE the Skyway Bridge...you exit off the right hand side of the QEW just before the Skyway Bridge and then cross over a lift bridge and continue under the Skyway until you see an exit on the left hand side to re-join the QEW...if you mean the Garden City Skyway in St. Catharines, I can't help you with how to avoid that bridge...

Just went to Rexall to use the spend $50 get 100 air miles coupon. On my phone I had loaded an offer for Buy any 1 U Kotex product and get 8 bonus miles. I bought 7 of these products to reach $50 as I didn't see many other good sales at Rexall. The coupon says Offer expires after a single use. Does anyone know if I can expect to get 8 miles or 42 miles? Neither is showing up at the moment. Just the 100 bonus and 2 base.

Hitting Superstore tonight for 4 huge bags of raw cashews. $64 but I'll get 12,800 optimum points and it's a way better deal than buying raw cashews at Sobeys. (Plant-based household = lots of cashews consumed in recipes.)

Then will hit Sobeys on Friday for the spend $100 get 100 air miles deal. I am 295 miles away from Onyx. Rexall and Sobeys should get me pretty close.

My husband automatically got Onyx with his credit card but they didn't send him a card. He needs to contact them so we can start using his account too.

Is anyone in the US between today and July 29th? I have $30 in Kohl's cash to pass on if someone can use it. I have physical coupons but can message the code to use online. Kohl's does delivery or free in-store pickup.

Mel, when you say to the "big bridge" are you referring to the Skyway Bridge on the QEW in Hamilton? If so, you can by pass the bridge by taking Eastport Drive. I do it all the time because I HATE the Skyway Bridge...you exit off the right hand side of the QEW just before the Skyway Bridge and then cross over a lift bridge and continue under the Skyway until you see an exit on the left hand side to re-join the QEW...if you mean the Garden City Skyway in St. Catharines, I can't help you with how to avoid that bridge...

Yep it's the Garden City SkyWay bridge,,oh boy I just hate it.
If one of my sons is with me they try very hard to keep me calm by chit chatting about Disney/Universal,,it helps a bit.
Thanks for the info
Hugs to you
Mel

Remember me saying we needed more ice cream before the new flyer came out? Hubby happened to be driving past a Sobeys yesterday afternoon so i sent him armed with a cooler full of ice packs and water bottles we keep in the freezer. I expected him to come home with 4 of sumtin ... nope, he brought home EIGHT! Love my man :love2:

Side note - i spent some time yesterday studying the transportation board and Mousesavers for codes to use at rental car agencies and i found several that worked for hubby's trip out west. The last one i tried before i fell into bed has dropped my price to around $575 and i originally i was coming in around $680. Just a suggestion for anyone who needs to rent a car ANYWHERE, the codes out there will work in Canada as well and most don't need you to produce anything when you pick the car up. The code I last tried also gives a portion to Kid's Wish Foundation, how cool is THAT?!?!
Very Cool!!!
Hugs Mel

I mixed up the dates and used the email coupon yesterday. No wonder the receipt didn’t show the 100AM. Too lazy to go get it fixed since I used the $10 coupon and not sure if it will mess up the return and repurchase. Oh well! Thought I did well yesterday. :duck:

I mixed up the dates and used the email coupon yesterday. No wonder the receipt didn’t show the 100AM. Too lazy to go get it fixed since I used the $10 coupon and not sure if it will mess up the return and repurchase. Oh well! Thought I did well yesterday. :duck:

I might be in the minority here, but I would go back and get those air miles!!! Just tell them to fix it so you don't lose the value of your coupon.

I might be in the minority here, but I would go back and get those air miles!!! Just tell them to fix it so you don't lose the value of your coupon.

I went to a Rexall that’s quite far from home on my way to Sobeys. That’s why I don’t feel like going back. Don’t want to drive all the way for nothing. I was probably too occupied with getting the ice cream treats. The evil of sweet calories I guess! Let’s have another ice cream cone to ease my pain!

Yep it's the Garden City SkyWay bridge,,oh boy I just hate it.
If one of my sons is with me they try very hard to keep me calm by chit chatting about Disney/Universal,,it helps a bit.
Thanks for the info
Hugs to you
Mel

I'm sorry Mel...wish I had a route around it for you...it's one bridge I don't find too bad...would drive it 100 times over going over the Hamilton Skyway bridge....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter