Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Intersting read
"Empire plans"
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...banner/ar-BBGGjO1?li=AAgh0dA&ocid=mailsignout

STELLARTON, N.S. - Empire Co. Ltd. is planning to convert up to a quarter of its 255 Safeway and Sobeys stores in Western Canada to its discount FreshCo banner over the next five years.

Thinking on a positive note maybe Fresh Co will start an airmiles plan.

FreshCo won't get AirMiles. It's a discount grocery store. Honestly though, the cost decrease in your groceries will probably more than make up the difference in the loss of AirMiles. Put that extra $40/week that you are saving in a vacation fund and you'll get there faster than you would with AirMiles.

The Thrifty Foods flyer is out and once again, no "buy a $xxx Thrifty Gift card, get xxx airmiles" offer. I really can't remember the last time we had one of those and when we do get them, they are always limited to 1 per AM account! :(

FreshCo won't get AirMiles. It's a discount grocery store. Honestly though, the cost decrease in your groceries will probably more than make up the difference in the loss of AirMiles. Put that extra $40/week that you are saving in a vacation fund and you'll get there faster than you would with AirMiles.

Totally agree with this. The best savings I get on groceries is to buy giftcards at Sobey's or Foodland when they have bonus miles, and then using them at Freshco where it's cheaper. But even without doing that, I am going to save 30 percent by not doing my shopping at Sobey's or Foodland.

Rexall has the pop up coupon on their website for Spend $50 get 100 airmiles again. It’s good tomorrow only, and you need the physical coupon. :)

Rexall has the pop up coupon on their website for Spend $50 get 100 airmiles again. It’s good tomorrow only, and you need the physical coupon. :)
Nope, it says you can show mobile version

Printed or mobile coupon accepted
Cashier Please Scan UPC

The use 95 cash AM and get 95 AM was announced in an e-mail from IGA (QC). I wonder if I can do it once at IGA and then at Foodland if it would work?!?

WOW! That's a much better offer than the Foodland as its limited to once. I'm up for $40 in free groceries since Metro is two minutes from my home. That might just be my Christmas cheese tray, lol.
Think you mis-read that -- it's spend $95 get 95 AM ...

Totally agree with this. The best savings I get on groceries is to buy giftcards at Sobey's or Foodland when they have bonus miles, and then using them at Freshco where it's cheaper. But even without doing that, I am going to save 30 percent by not doing my shopping at Sobey's or Foodland.

That's what I do too. I tend to split my shops when I have the GC. I only get what I have PC points offers for at No Frills, otherwise I buy at FreshCo. I use No Frills as my primary store when I don't have AM related GC.

Just as a side note - one of the cashiers at FreshCo lets me buy other gift cards (not their store, but I've bought Cara and Indigo cards) with my Foodland/Sobeys gift card. I'm scared to ask any of the other cashiers to do it, so I only try when she's working. :)

Does anyone happen to know anything about shopping at The Body Shop through airmilesshops? I made a purchase that was full price around $35 but I had two vouchers for $10 each. My OOP cost was about $17. I was credited 2 AM which doubled but then AM took them all back. So what gives?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter