Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Someone stole one of my hanging garden baskets (Birthday gift from youngest son) and garden tools.......................
sometimes my belief in mankind is tested. :(:sad1::sad:

I'm sorry that happened to you. Sigh...we have lots of that too where we live.

I did hit the highway and took the 40 minute drive to get to a Rexall to check it out. I did get 125 miles for around $83.00 worth of stuff. I would only do the drive there again if it were a really good AM sale. I could see if it were closer to me, I would shop there more often. Guess I will just have to wait to get to Rexall when we go visit the daughter or head to the big city ( Edmonton ).

Also score 226 AM for 120.00 at Safeway this weekend. I was going to go do another shop with the coupon, but we were busy the rest of the weekend. Oh well...I did get one good shop there.

Did any of you do your Staples purchases on-line? My miles haven't posted yet and I'm a tad worried they won't --- I spent $178 and only had 3 miles post. I'm trying to track down 325 bonus miles they owe me from the LAST promotion for earning 25X when shopping on-line. Staples is terrible at posting correctly!
*** i just took the time to fill out a missing miles form and got this message
View attachment 244331
URGH .....had to write an essay answer :P and now got a message that says they'll review it within 7 - 10 days

Pretty late to the conversation here, but I didn't see anyone else confirm an online purchase.

I did make an $80 MM purchase at staples.ca, and had 18 bonus miles post on June 13. Which sounds right: 18 bonus miles + 2 base miles = 10x 2 base miles.

I hope you got your Staples miles sorted out!

This is a little off topic but involves the LCBO which is AM. We are heading to Mt. Tremblant , QC is a couple of weeks and from what I gather it's a little isolated and we will need to bring supplies with us. So my question is.....is wine and beer cheaper in QC or similar to ON? If it's similar then I will buy here before we leave and get the AM but if it's cheaper in QC I will buy there.

For reference I like Barefoot wine and it's $9.95 at the LCBO.

You're probably better off to just buy at the LCBO before you leave, but if you do decide to wait and go to SAQ, keep an eye on the store hours. On our last trip to Tremblant (last January) I remember being surprised that the location at the base of the mountain closed really early, like 5 or 6 pm on a Friday night. The convenience store carries some wine, but the selection is very limited.

I wouldn't call Mont Tremblant isolated, but I guess it depends on what you're used to. :-) There are grocery stores, restaurants, and other services in St. Jovite, 10-15 minutes away. If you prefer to stay on the mountain though, there's only the one small convenience store, and like everything else in Mt. Tremblant, it's overpriced. We do pack groceries ourselves, but if you forget something or just run out of time or space, you won't have to go that far to find what you need.

Have a great trip!

My new plan of attack for Rexall (changed it sooo many times this weekend). I'm going to use my Load and Go (spend $50 get 100AM) and the email of (spend $40 get 95AM). Hopefully the Bonus 50AM will show up tomorrow. Tues I will use my (spend $30 get 50AM)cash register receipt coupon and the coupon that was in the flyer (spend $25 get 25AM) and a loaded item on my DH card.

I don't want to stack more than two items in case that may prevent me from getting the Bonus 50AM

loaded Load & Go - my results

I just returned from Rexall and tested out the 'load and use your Load & Go offer and get 50 Air Miles'.
My usual everything stacked okay. I got 276 Air Miles plus $5 off for my $42.08 shop. But that Air Miles total does NOT include the 50 Air Miles for using a loaded offer. I used my loaded Spend $30 Get 60 Load & Go.

There are an extra 'coupon redeemed' number on my receipt though, so perhaps that is for the 50 Air Miles.

Edit to Add:
Oh, and the cashier automatically scanned a Spend $25 Get 25 Air Miles coupon that she had at the till. I'm not sure where that one came from.

Last edited:
Just back from Rexall. I spent 51.59 and received 132 AM. As far as the Load and Go goes, I show 110 for that. I will assume that is the spend $50 get 100 and the Buy a Rexall Vitamin get 10 so it does not look like the 50 AM for using the load and go posted. Be interesting to see how everyone else did with this.

Back from Rexall, try at the Bonus #2. Used my spend $50 get 100AM and a couple of others. Still no Bonus 50AM for using the Load and Go Offer. Callled AM (45 min on the phone) to find out they are having technical issues with the way the offer is working. I gave her all the specifics of my Friday shop (she manually added the 50AM) and sent off a report to their technical department for follow up. I think they really want people to use the App but I told them I can't use the App I use the website.

According to the CS rep I spoke with the 50AM should show up on the receipt but of course they can take 120 days to post. Yada, yada, yada...

If anyone else has success please post and let others know.

Dilemma I didn't have any extra coupon redeemed that I couldn't account for on my receipt.

This is going to be another AM nightmare.

Dilemma, i did have an extra coupon code on my receipt from Friday GWP Coupon Award (2017061903). What did yours say?

Dilemma, i did have an extra coupon code on my receipt from Friday GWP Coupon Award (2017061903). What did yours say?
Yep, that's the same one I have on my receipt, but it says coupon 'redeemed' (not 'award').

I also have GWP Coupon Redeemed (2017062601) but I thought that one is for the $5 survey coupon. I don't have an old receipt for comparison.

Edit to add:
I just pulled out my receipt for my tissue box this weekend. It shows GWP Coupon Award (2017061903) so that is the code to add the Spend $30 Get 50 Air Miles coupon on the bottom of the receipt that we love so much.

So, I think it's logical to surmise that GWP Coupon Redeemed (2017061903) is me redeeming the receipt coupon. Though it has it's own line on my receipt SP$30 G50 AM OTT 41700004713.

Sigh. Can anyone confirm that 2017062601 is for the survey $5 off coupon by chance?

Last edited:
I just went to print out the load and go offer for the 50 AM when you use a load and go but its gone. Is that usual? I thought it would still show but maybe once used it disappears? I would love to have proof of this offer but looks like I'm out of luck.

I just went to print out the load and go offer for the 50 AM when you use a load and go but its gone. Is that usual? I thought it would still show but maybe once used it disappears? I would love to have proof of this offer but looks like I'm out of luck.
Hmm, mine is gone as well. I just tried following it from the embedded email link we got this morning. No luck there either.

I just called Air Miles and they suggested I go back to Rexall with the offer. Since its no longer there I can't. Angela (from Air Miles) put me on hold and came back with the response that her supervisor said either the offer had expired (it hadn't) or it was given in error and that's why its gone. She told me that she could give me 25 AM for good will but that was all and even at that she would get questioned by her supervisor as to why she gave so many. Lol. I am retired from BMO and we would hand out a 100 at a time for good will and would never be questioned. I took the 25 because its better than 0.
Just thought I would share my experience.

My bonus 50 for the load 'n go did not post either. Got my load 'n go, the email coupon and the shop everyday coupon.

They are having technical difficulties with the offer that may be why it's pulled now. I would call and insist on the 50AM. They put the offer out there, they need to make good on it.

PM me and I can send you a copy of my email which shows the details and the terms and conditions.

All I ever had was the email and the terms and conditions, not a separate offer in the load and go section. I thought all we had to do was load "an" offer, use it, and the 50AM would come through automatically.

AM was willing to give me 50AM as a goodwill gesture at 2:00pm today.

****screwed this post up royally =I *think* i fixed it, give me a shout if anything looks fishier than normal :P
I'm going to put everything i have in print on this Rexall offer here so we can all refer to it!
1) first e-mail i received on Friday June 16th at 11:16
upload_2017-6-19_16-59-24.png
The fine print from this offer reads as follows
*Bonus Miles Offer ends June 29, 2017 and excludes any weekend offers occurring from Friday – Sunday. Limit one (1) offer per Collector Number. Offer is exclusive to the addressee of this email and is non-transferable. Offer valid at participating Rexall and Rexall/Pharma Plus locations in the provinces of Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, subject to certain exclusions. All AIR MILES Base and Bonus offers exclude prescription purchases in Ontario and British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories locations. AIR MILES Base and Bonus offers exclude products containing codeine, postal services and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Pharma Plus Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets, phone cards, event tickets and taxes. AIR MILES collected on prescriptions are subject to Federal, Provincial and Territorial legislation and policies and any applicable drug plan requirements, including PharmaCare policies.

Here's a link if you want to be able to show someone the above information
Offer's fine print

2) second email I received this morning at 9:56 am
upload_2017-6-19_17-16-45.png
Link to this email as a webpage (other one doesn't have a link!)
Email outlining offer

Last edited:
****screwed this post up royally =I *think* i fixed it, give me a shout if anything looks fishier than normal :P
I'm going to put everything i have in print on this Rexall offer here so we can all refer to it!
View attachment 245862
*Bonus Miles Offer ends June 29, 2017 and excludes any weekend offers occurring from Friday – Sunday. Limit one (1) offer per Collector Number. Offer is exclusive to the addressee of this email and is non-transferable. Offer valid at participating Rexall and Rexall/Pharma Plus locations in the provinces of Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, subject to certain exclusions. All AIR MILES Base and Bonus offers exclude prescription purchases in Ontario and British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories locations. AIR MILES Base and Bonus offers exclude products containing codeine, postal services and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Pharma Plus Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets, phone cards, event tickets and taxes. AIR MILES collected on prescriptions are subject to Federal, Provincial and Territorial legislation and policies and any applicable drug plan requirements, including PharmaCare policies.

Offer's fine print

View attachment 245873
Email outlining offer
Thank you for this. I'm going to print it and take it to Rexall, see what happens.

View attachment 245862

Offer's fine print

View attachment 245873
Email outlining offer
Wow! You're crazy organized. I'm impressed and feel quite inadequate ;o)

Good luck all. Thanks for pulling that stuff together Donald, I'm technically challenged when it comes to cutting and pasting (something I've got to work on).

Thank you for putting this all out there! I just did a Rexall run and (shockingly), the extra 50 AM didn't show. So, will be calling AM tomorrow to see if they will fix by phone and will report back! On the plus, even without that, still got 127 AM on things we really actually needed, and spent $47. Again, decent for me, will be even better with another 50 added!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!