Airmiles Armchair Chatter

That was nice of customer service! When the Foodland CSR lady and I looked at the reloadable Indigo & Netflix gift cards, she said they won't get the 35 AM offer on them and she wouldn't be allowed add the AM manually.

Today I phoned Sobey's customer service 800 # (and messaged them on Facebook) about the $30 Netflix cards. There are no such thing as $25 Netflix gift cards. But yes, the $30 ones will get the 35 AMs. So I went back to my local Foodland and purchased 8 of the $30 Netflix cards and received all my bonus Air Miles! Plus 2 Indigo cards. 350 Air Miles collected!

Hi Hon
Yep it was nice of her to offer to add the airmiles,,however she didn't need to as the airmiles automatically appeared on the receipt. I am mad at the "Moody Girl cashier " who told me last week that the $25.00 to $500.00 gift cards wouldn't work.
I am glad you were able to get all the cards and airmiles you wanted.
Hugs Mel

Are all these AMEX offers for the basic card? I just cancelled my fee-platinum, then applied on the phone for the free-gold...would that be ok for all these offers you all seem to be getting and I wasn't?

I have the no annual fee basic Amex air miles credit card and qualify for the recent soar into more offers.

Looks like there's a special wine tasting event for Gold and Onyx collectors in Winnipeg! 100 miles for a pair of tickets, includes appies and wine samples. The event is at the end of september. Looks fun!

I hope we see something happening a bit further west or another nation-wide offer (like the cineplex night out passes) soon! Waiting for some Onyx love over in AB

I just realized that there's a Foodland closer to me than Ottawa (1h drive instead of 1h50).

Questions...

1) When does the St-Hubert Buy 5 get 60 AM ends? My daughter decided she's in love with their chicken and noodles and chicken and rice soups. So it might be worth it to drive there to get a few cans!

2) When does the Netflix gc promo ends?

3) Can I get Load and Go offers to Foodland like I do with Sobey's? How do I get them?

Thanks!

I just realized that there's a Foodland closer to me than Ottawa (1h drive instead of 1h50).

3) Can I get Load and Go offers to Foodland like I do with Sobey's? How do I get them?

Thanks!
Don't know the answers to your other questions BUT this one ... They are the same offers, good at either store :D

The Starbucks evouchers come and go fairly often from the AM site. They will be back at some point. Might be a couple of weeks though. I find it interesting....it's not like they run out of stock.

Info Re: Indigo Gift cards at Foodland

I bought 2 of the $25 gift cards on Sunday and went back today to get some more. Someone had wiped them out of the $25 cards between Sunday afternoon and 5 pm tonight...I asked if the $50 gift card would get me 70 AM (2 * 35). Cashier did not know but said that if not she could not give me the AM because the flyer said $25 gift cards....I buy a lot of books so I decided to take a chance....I had her scan my AM card first then she scanned the $50 gift card....70 AM showed up on the screen so I went and got another $50 card. So in case you were wondering the $50 Indigo cards will get you 70 AM at Foodland (Mount Albion location in Hamilton)

Metro 4 day sale starting tomorrow, cash in 95 am for $10, get 25 bonus miles. One bonus offer per day, wonder if this means 100 bonus miles if you cash in $40 or if the cap is 25 bonus airmiles?

http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-august-17-to-23/all

I have never understood these offers. I want to earn AM, not lose them. To my way of thinking if I cash in 95 AM for that $10 discount off my groceries, I will have lost 70 AM instead of gaining any. Am I missing something?

I have never understood these offers. I want to earn AM, not lose them. To my way of thinking if I cash in 95 AM for that $10 discount off my groceries, I will have lost 70 AM instead of gaining any. Am I missing something?
I also agree. I will only go for those offers if it's for something bigger like the Mega Miles type promo. However, say you earned the Mega Miles and they all went to cash miles you truly are getting something for free by using this kind of promo. Does that make sense?

If you are a cash airmiles user, an airmile is worth 10.5 cents ($10/95), if it costs 70am instead, you are paying $7.40 in points for $10 worth of groceries.

I'm not but I have cash miles from megamiles, the 25am will go to dream miles which is what I collect. The way I look at it is that for 95 cash miles, I'm getting $10 in groceries and 25 dream airmiles.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but Sobeys is a bust, next to no am in the whole flyer. But if you do like Mrs.Vickies chips, they are on for 1.99 a bag. great deal, price match at Superstore..hehe. No am attached to them.

The fact that Metro has more than 2 airmile deals in the flyer is good,
the purchase $20.00 of these products and get a $10.00 metro gift card is an ok deal if you need the stuff they have.
a few things listed:
--toaster strudel
--General Mills cereal
--Pizza pops
--Pillsbury Pizza
--minigo yogurt
-- yogurt tubes
--granola bars

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Has anyone received this Shell promotion yet? I got this in the mail, cardboard flyer, 2 days ago. Save more, get more until Oct 15 2017. Save 5c/litre on all fuel grades when you swipe your airmiles card, + get 5 air miles bonus miles per every 5$ spent in-store. Details say max 100 bonus miles per transaction, max 5 transactions per day, and you do NOT have to purchase fuel.

So I tried Shell last night, and all I got on my 100$ of gift card purchase was the 10 airmiles on my receipt (1 per 10$ spent) instead of getting the 10, plus the additional 90. How do I get this resolved? The guy at the cash wasn't even aware of any promotion...do I have to wait 120 days???

Ooooh airmilesshops has the 10x multiplier on Indigo - so everyone go on over to Sobeys/Foodland to buy your giftcards, and then shop through the portal for even more miles! So I get the miles on my credit card for buying the airmiles, I get miles at Sobeys for buying the gift cards, and I get miles through the portal for using the giftcards. Since the Indigo store is having a promotion that if you buy more than 40$ in store, you get a 10$ gift card, I might buy something in the store, get the 10$ card, then buy the same thing online, and return it to the store. You don't have to return the 10$ gift card. Quadruple dipping!

Or is this playing the game too much? :-)

Has anyone received this Shell promotion yet? I got this in the mail, cardboard flyer, 2 days ago. Save more, get more until Oct 15 2017. Save 5c/litre on all fuel grades when you swipe your airmiles card, + get 5 air miles bonus miles per every 5$ spent in-store. Details say max 100 bonus miles per transaction, max 5 transactions per day, and you do NOT have to purchase fuel.

So I tried Shell last night, and all I got on my 100$ of gift card purchase was the 10 airmiles on my receipt (1 per 10$ spent) instead of getting the 10, plus the additional 90. How do I get this resolved? The guy at the cash wasn't even aware of any promotion...do I have to wait 120 days???

Wow lucky you, I have 5 cents off, no instore promo, mine ends October 8.

During the spring Shell promo, I purchased a gc at Shell and didn't get the points, wasn't a location I regularly use. I questioned why they were missing and the attendant said sometimes they aren't on the receipt if something is down. All my airmiles info was on the receipt, just not the points so I wasn't buying into the explanation. Someone on this thread suggested that I wait it out, that similar things have happened to them and their points came through fine. Sure enough, the points came through a couple of days later. So I would wait it out a couple of days before deciding you need to fight for them.

Not sure where to go with your issue, standard airmiles answer is to wait 120 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter