Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just received my American Express bill and it shows 13 reward miles earned as well as 400 bonus miles so it looks like they will be posted in the next few days. WOOT WOOT!
Be on the look out, there coming.

Foodland and Sobeys
both have the buy
3 pkgs of Dempsters bagels or tortillas for $2.99 each and get 25 airmiles
My freezer is FULL. I can't buy another thing. I was hoping for the Sobey's gift card deal, since I'm out. On the positive side, all my bonus points from Foodland posted last night, and I am up considerably. Woohoo!

I got an email with an offer to earn 10 bonus AM at certain Shell locations when I buy 25L (or more). Up to 250 bonus AM, good until August 16. I will be taking advantage as my usual Shell is one of the locations listed, not sure I'll fill up 25 times though! I guess I could get the 25L and fill up more often. Go in and get a Costa coffee too.

I shopped last night and didn't get the 50AM as well. Should I call AM now or wait till 120 days later to rectify the problem?
Post 13553 on this smartcanucks thread https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/23424-safeways-sweet-airmiles-deals-canada-904/ says the poster called Air Miles and was told they'd post once the promotion period was over. Personally I'm going to wait. However it's tempting to chat/call/store visit and get extra courtesy Miles that others have reported here.

Thanks Donald. I've been to Rexall twice this week already. Have to save a little something for next week. I heard a rumor that there is a special deal at Rexall for Canada Day. Not quite what you can do if you are in the habit of stacking coupons but for those who don't it could be a profitable day.

I can use that one. Thanks!

Question on the $5 receipt coupon....I never had one until now so I really didn't pay attention. Does it count as payment or do you have to spend an extra $5 to get the above quoted coupon to work?

Good question - I've always spent the extra $5 to get the coupon.

Question on the $5 receipt coupon....I never had one until now so I really didn't pay attention. Does it count as payment or do you have to spend an extra $5 to get the above quoted coupon to work?
I have used the $5 off coupon dozens of times and for the most part it shows up as cash tender (deducted after the tax and treated as cash). For a short time back in January the coupon came off before taxes and in those cases you have to spend $5 more than your target threshold.

So I spend as close to my spend threshold as possible (do not add five) unless the coupon is not posting correctly in those rare instances.

Generally though, you won't know for sure until you try because some people report that their stores do not treat the coupon as cash tender.

In the Ottawa area we're good and do not have to add five extra spending.

I already have the coupon for next week at Rexall! It's the same value as the one for today & tomorrow. I don't have a targeted offer in my loadngo for next week so i won't be able to do any stacking :(
@ottawamom even if Rexall does have an offer that is specific to Canada Day it won't do me any good since our city has a bylaw which prevents drugstores from being open on Stats.

Spend $50.00 get 110 AM valid June 26th - 29th

Good question - I've always spent the extra $5 to get the coupon.

I have used the $5 off coupon dozens of times and for the most part it shows up as cash tender (deducted after the tax and treated as cash). For a short time back in January the coupon came off before taxes and in those cases you have to spend $5 more than your target threshold.

So I spend as close to my spend threshold as possible (do not add five) unless the coupon is not posting correctly in those rare instances.

Generally though, you won't know for sure until you try because some people report that their stores do not treat the coupon as cash tender.

In the Ottawa area we're good and do not have to add five extra spending.

I have never had a store treat it as what i would consider a Gift Card and not a coupon. They all have the fine print which says it can't be applied to tax meaning it has to be applied PRE-TAX. Although it says *Minimum $25.00 purchase before taxes* it also says *After discounts* In my mind a coupon is just that, a coupon which will lower my total sale BEFORE taxes are applied. I've even have some of the stores in Toronto not accept it at all if i want to use any of the Airmiles coupons because of the fine print which says *Cannot be combined with any other Rexall Coupon*

Moral of this story? ASK before you try to use it -- me? I just keep it handy and if I've gone over the threshold but not enough to make another sale I will then use it. This week i was $5.75 over so i used it!!

Donald your stores are pretty picky. I don't know the details of the Rexall offer it may be for a few days over the weekend. The offer was mentioned in passing as I was shopping in the store and the specific details went in one ear and out the other. Spend $x get 150 or 175AM or something like that.

I shopped last night and didn't get the 50AM as well. Should I call AM now or wait till 120 days later to rectify the problem?
I shopped at rexall last night and my 95 bonus coupon and my 60 load and go bonus has posted. I would call saying that you know that people have confirmed that it should post within 24 hrs. It took less than 12 hours for min to post. I'm in BC if that makes any difference.

I shopped at rexall last night and my 95 bonus coupon and my 60 load and go bonus has posted. I would call saying that you know that people have confirmed that it should post within 24 hrs. It took less than 12 hours for min to post. I'm in BC if that makes any difference.
It's not the Load & Go offers that are the problem. It is an offer to 'load' and use a Load & Go and get 50 Air Miles (in addition to the Load & Go offers).

But thanks for your input regardless. And if you're actually talking about what I am then disregard what I just wrote ;D

I've got a question about the current airmiles hub offer. I'm looking for a room that would fall into the $100-299 range, so I would get 250 bonus airmiles. If I look up a hotel and right now it says the cost is $147 CDN and 390 bonus airmiles, does this mean that if I book it, I would end up getting just the 390 AM, or would I get 390+250 = 640 AM? It never says whether it's including the current bonus offer that's available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter