Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Air Miles points up and no load 'n go bonus is showing. Everything else came through.

Call Airmiles armed with information from the previous page. Be prepared that they may tell you to take it up with Rexall.

Quick Rexall trip yesterday. Spent $40.69, saved $7.05 and got 195am. (80 L&G, Sp$40G95, 2 base and 18 bonus)

I am trying to make a quick (3 night) trip to DL in August happen. We have APs that run out in September and I *really* want to try the new GotG ride. The goal is to get the flights and hotel for under $1500 for the 3 of us but getting off the island is ridiculously expensive.

This is a little off topic but involves the LCBO which is AM. We are heading to Mt. Tremblant , QC is a couple of weeks and from what I gather it's a little isolated and we will need to bring supplies with us. So my question is.....is wine and beer cheaper in QC or similar to ON? If it's similar then I will buy here before we leave and get the AM but if it's cheaper in QC I will buy there.

For reference I like Barefoot wine and it's $9.95 at the LCBO.
If you haven't made you mind up yet you might want to do that soon! The staff at LCBO are in a legal strike position ...effective Monday you might not be able to buy your wine and get AM. Just thought I'd remind you of this lil tid-bit

If you haven't made you mind up yet you might want to do that soon! The staff at LCBO are in a legal strike position ...effective Monday you might not be able to buy your wine and get AM. Just thought I'd remind you of this lil tid-bit
I did know about that but thought nothing could happen before the 30th and that's the day we hit the road.
Guess I will visit the LCBO this week.

I was just going thru my treasure-trove of "thing-I-NEED-to-take-home" because i always fool myself into thinking i will actually do a scrapbook and i came across 3 of the Canadian Pins given out at EPCOT. Up for grabs to anyone who would like them!

2 English
upload_2017-6-20_13-52-42.jpeg
1 French
upload_2017-6-20_13-53-8.jpeg

BTW someone is selling them on E-Bay for between $8.50 and $19.95 US FUNDS :eek:
(with the wrong description of the pin BTW "One (1) collector pin as pictured. The pin was issued by Disney and is in approximately excellent condition. It comes complete with the Disney pin black rubber Mickey Mouse pin back. This pin was collected/traded with a Disney Cast Member while we visited either Disneyland California or Walt Disney World Florida. " -- they are/were only available in EPCOT and are standard celebration pins with NO pin backs!)

Last edited:
Update on my 50 Bonus Rexall AM. I went back today and took a copy of the offer. They didn't really bat an eye, just took a quick look and keyed in 50 AM to my account. They made it very easy. Now I feel sort of bad that AM gave me 25 for the error. Mind I said 'sort of', lol.

Seriously, now that I'm home and reconciling everything, I wonder if that offer is meant to come later as a separate entry. Does that ever happen?

Update on my 50 Bonus Rexall AM. I went back today and took a copy of the offer. They didn't really bat an eye, just took a quick look and keyed in 50 AM to my account. They made it very easy. Now I feel sort of bad that AM gave me 25 for the error. Mind I said 'sort of', lol.

Seriously, now that I'm home and reconciling everything, I wonder if that offer is meant to come later as a separate entry. Does that ever happen?
Don't feel bad about it. Think of how many times miles are not credited and you have to go through the process to get them. It makes me very angry that you have to watch them like a hawk. I've been a member since day one and don't feel valued at all.

Yes, sometimes bonuses come later.

Just did my Rexall run, spent $65.90, got 242 airmiles with my card, and spent $53.52 and got 183 airmiles with my daughter's card (she gets different L&G offers than I do). On top of the L&G offers for each card, I was able to stack my get 100 when you spend $60 L&G and the get 95 when you spend $40 offers, and on my daughter's card it was get 60 when you spend $30 along with the get 95 when you spend $40.

Pretty happy with both of those totals.

Don't feel bad about it. Think of how many times miles are not credited and you have to go through the process to get them. It makes me very angry that you have to watch them like a hawk. I've been a member since day one and don't feel valued at all.

Yes, sometimes bonuses come later.

You should have seen me yesterday at Sobey's. After going to two different Sobey's on Friday, a Safeway on Sunday and the Sobey's close to my office yesterday and STILL not able to get basic flyer airmiles items (TP, paper towels, Evian), I finally spoke up when the cashier asked if I found everything I was looking for.

Not only did she sub products and manually give me the airmiles for the items, she also gave me the 100 airmiles for spending $100, which was only supposed to be on the weekend - which technically I did spend at the three stores in an attempt to get the products.

I was just going thru my treasure-trove of "thing-I-NEED-to-take-home" because i always fool myself into thinking i will actually do a scrapbook and i came across 3 of the Canadian Pins given out at EPCOT. Up for grabs to anyone who would like them!

2 English
View attachment 246044
1 French
View attachment 246045

BTW someone is selling them on E-Bay for between $8.50 and $19.95 US FUNDS :eek:
(with the wrong description of the pin BTW "One (1) collector pin as pictured. The pin was issued by Disney and is in approximately excellent condition. It comes complete with the Disney pin black rubber Mickey Mouse pin back. This pin was collected/traded with a Disney Cast Member while we visited either Disneyland California or Walt Disney World Florida. " -- they are/were only available in EPCOT and are standard celebration pins with NO pin backs!)

When I think of the money I could have made bringing pins home my last two trips! (I'm more than happy to have done it for the people who received them. Just kidding about making money on it) Donald if you do end up mailing them to someone, I put tape over the pin at the back so that it didn't come open in the mail and taped them together. If the package is thin enough it can go regular mail. If you stack three of them it's a parcel and $$$$.

You should have seen me yesterday at Sobey's. After going to two different Sobey's on Friday, a Safeway on Sunday and the Sobey's close to my office yesterday and STILL not able to get basic flyer airmiles items (TP, paper towels, Evian), I finally spoke up when the cashier asked if I found everything I was looking for.

Not only did she sub products and manually give me the airmiles for the items, she also gave me the 100 airmiles for spending $100, which was only supposed to be on the weekend - which technically I did spend at the three stores in an attempt to get the products.
I think that's really nice of the cashier because that's probably going above and beyond but it's actually the fair thing for them to do.

When the cashier asks me if I've found everything I'm dying to say 'why, do you hide things?'

Shucks. I've been behind on the AM hunt and this thread lately. I just noticed my Rexall receipt doesn't include the bonus 50 for using a Load and Go, so I came here to see everyone's struggling! An ineffective chat means I'm waiting 60 days to see if the reward posts (sounds like it won't on it's own) only to have the chance to chat again! :bored:

At the end of the day, it's only 50 miles. But how frustrating that we all have to hound the program to work the way it's advertised!?

Quick Rexall trip yesterday. Spent $40.69, saved $7.05 and got 195am. (80 L&G, Sp$40G95, 2 base and 18 bonus)

I am trying to make a quick (3 night) trip to DL in August happen. We have APs that run out in September and I *really* want to try the new GotG ride. The goal is to get the flights and hotel for under $1500 for the 3 of us but getting off the island is ridiculously expensive.

I know what you mean it's $100 just for the boat not to mention parking, and the hassle. I've had some luck flying out off YYJ the last few trips, rather than taking the boat and driving to YVR or Bellingham. We live out towards the airport so having someone drop us off and pick us up here is most desirable.

2 English
View attachment 246044
1 French
View attachment 246045

When we were at Epcot in May, we asked for those Canada 150 buttons too. There was a limit of one per person. The CM said there were too many people asking for large quantities of them. I never imagined someone would try to sell them on eBay.

Back from a pretty successful Rexall trip --- so many things that I've been waiting to go on sale or have AM offered finally were!
  • 3 toilet cleaners & a foamy bathroom spray $2.99 ea, spend $10 get 5 AM
  • Cerave Cream that one D-I-L loves. Spend more than $20.00 get 20 AM, was on sale for $20.79
  • couple of bagged candy (who doesn't need a sugar rush while DIS-ing??) $5.00/2 get 5 AM
  • body wash --on sale and one of my targeted paper coupons for 10 AM
  • bunch of other piddly one mile here and two there
Spend $85.75 so was able to use the $5.00 survey coupon to bring it down to $80.75.
LoadnGo offer -- spend $80.00 get 100 AM
Weekly coupon --spend $40.00 get 95 AM (5 miles more to do one sale!)

Total AM on receipt 251, alas no bonus 50 AM for using a loadngo offer. I'll be calling tomorrow since i'm STILL trying to track down the close to 400 from Staples!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!