Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just back from Rexall. Went to try the email special bonus some have received (it's definitely targeted so I hope you all get It). I loaded an offer and purchased it. The load AM bonus (2) showed up on the receipt. I thought the additional 50 Bonus AM might show up as well but they didn't. I will post again tomorrow and let you know if the Bonus posted to my account.

Anyone else try this offer yet?

Just back from Rexall. Went to try the email special bonus some have received (it's definitely targeted so I hope you all get It). I loaded an offer and purchased it. The load AM bonus (2) showed up on the receipt. I thought the additional 50 Bonus AM might show up as well but they didn't. I will post again tomorrow and let you know if the Bonus posted to my account.

Anyone else try this offer yet?
I received it but haven't tried it.
Here are the Terms & Conditions https://squ.airmiles.ca/terms/33708_Rexall_Terms_E.htm
It excludes 'any weekend offer'.

I don't think it's very targeted. The link in the email doesn't even go to a unique URL. Just the load & go page for Air Miles. Anyone looking for it check your email, half way down. It shows as a 'limited time offer'.

Edit to add:
ISTM this is available to anyone who loads and uses any Load & Go offer that is not exclusive to the weekend.

Last edited:
You know you are addicted to airmiles when you book tickets for a show in Ottawa on a Wednesday so I will be able to use Rexall coupons! I learned my lesson when I went on a Saturday at the end of May...

You know you are addicted to airmiles when you book tickets for a show in Ottawa on a Wednesday so I will be able to use Rexall coupons! I learned my lesson when I went on a Saturday at the end of May...
Well, if you want to drop by, I can get you a receipt coupon this weekend for Spend $30 Get 50. We have karate next door and just need to buy a box of tissue or some other small item.

And of course, you'll need to stack it with the survey $5 off $25. Oh and the everyday spend $25 get 40. Oh, and your new Load & Go for next week. Oh, and I almost forgot the new 50 Air MIles for loading and using a L&G.

Wow... I can see why you're being strategic. ;D

Last edited:

Well, if you want to drop by, I can get you a receipt coupon this weekend for Spend $30 Get 50. We have karate next door and just need to buy a box of tissue or some other small item.

And of course, you'll need to stack it with the survey $5 off $25. Oh and the everyday spend $25 get 40. Oh, and your new Load & Go for next week. Oh, and I almost forgot the new 50 Air Iles for loading and using a L&G.

Wow...

That's really nice of you but unfortunately I don't have time to drive to Ottawa (1h50) this weekend. :(

That's really nice of you but unfortunately I don't have time to drive to Ottawa (1h50) this weekend. :(
Well, I actually meant whatever Wednesday before your planned show/shop you could stop by and pick up the receipt coupon. That particular coupon is good for the Monday to Thursday shop.

Any weekend I could buy an extra box of tissue and pass on a receipt coupon to you. Or anyone for that matter.

That said, I don't necessarily think the 50 AM is worth a huge diversion but if you happen to be in the west end anyway...

And of course, you'll need to stack it with the survey $5 off $25. Oh and the everyday spend $25 get 40. Oh, and your new Load & Go for next week. Oh, and I almost forgot the new 50 Air MIles for loading and using a L&G.

Wow... I can see why you're being strategic. ;D

I count 200 Air Miles plus $5 off right there:
50 AM WUS $30 receipt coupon
40 AM WUS $25 - use every day card
60 AM WUS $30 - my Load & Go
50 AM for loading and using a Load & Go
$5 off $25 survey coupon

Hmm, I wonder what the chances are of a regular Monday email coupon offer to stack on top of this?!? Though I'm quite happy without it.

Last edited:

Well, I actually meant whatever Wednesday before your planned show/shop you could stop by and pick up the receipt coupon. That particular coupon is good for the Monday to Thursday shop.

Any weekend I could buy an extra box of tissue and pass on a receipt coupon to you. Or anyone for that matter.

That said, I don't necessarily think the 50 AM is worth a huge diversion but if you happen to be in the west end anyway...

Thank you and I will let you know in advance next time we go. 50AM is tons for me who can never get more than 10-15 AM from our AM stores in Mtl. Our offers are so boring and low compared to the rest of the country. :(

Thank you and I will let you know in advance next time we go. 50AM is tons for me who can never get more than 10-15 AM from our AM stores in Mtl. Our offers are so boring and low compared to the rest of the country. :(
Ah, I read it as you booked an UPCOMING trip. Now it sounds like you've already done it.

On a side note, I sometimes get 'Jean Coutu envy'. They seem to have great AM offers. Especially during the STB and MM promos. It's not super far, but I did drive out to the east end for STB. They must be all over Montreal.

Ah, I read it as you booked an UPCOMING trip. Now it sounds like you've already done it.

On a side note, I sometimes get 'Jean Coutu envy'. They seem to have great AM offers. Especially during the STB and MM promos. It's not super far, but I did drive out to the east end for STB. They must be all over Montreal.

Late May we went to Ottawa but it was a Saturday and there wasn't many coupons since it was a weekend. This morning I reserved some tickets for the free show Kontinuum for August 9th, a Wednesday so I would be able to get better AM promotions at Rexall. We like Ottawa so we might go before then but I don't have any trip there planned other than 8/9.

I have a Jean Coutu 5 minutes from my house (two in fact) but I rarely see good offers for Jean Coutu... I have to say that until a few weeks ago I was a Shopper customer and rarely went to Jean Coutu and I wasn't looking at their promotions very closely. In fact, I only remember one very good promotion on cosmetics last summer and I'm waiting for it to come back to go buy a lot of Clarins sunscreen.

OK, the duck has it BAADDD ... our D-I-L graduated today, received her Masters in Public Health, so i was unable to anything other than open my e-mail this am. BUT i did and saw the e-mail from Rexall that others have mentioned and all i wanted to do was find time to nip down here and read the fine print and then SHARE IT! :rolleyes1

SO to confirm for others, it's valid ONLY Monday - Thursdays until June 29th. Load and then use 1 offer and earn 50 AM. You won't get the extra @ottawamom because it says it's not valid during Fri-Sun offers.

I'll need to come back here and study the flyer, see what others have done and then get ready to shop because my weekly offer?? Spend $80.00 get 100 AM I Never spend that much at Rexall or wait it out till next week and hope that offer is better. OR that we get a decent weekly coupon :confused3

Have a great weekend and happy Father's Day @mort1331

I count 200 Air Miles plus $5 off right there:
50 AM WUS $30 receipt coupon
40 AM WUS $25 - use every day card
60 AM WUS $30 - my Load & Go
50 AM for loading and using a Load & Go
$5 off $25 survey coupon

Hmm, I wonder what the chances are of a regular Monday email coupon offer to stack on top of this?!? Though I'm quite happy without it.

Now that could tempt me back to Rexall!! Any suggestions on the best day to go? Looks like a weekday is better than the weekend? But I should swing in in the weekend to buy sometime small for the receipt coupon?

Not sure why, but only 100 of the 400 AM from the Soar into More promotion were posted to my account. Anyone else get a partial post? Guess I'll be on the phone to Amex.

Now that could tempt me back to Rexall!! Any suggestions on the best day to go? Looks like a weekday is better than the weekend? But I should swing in in the weekend to buy sometime small for the receipt coupon?
The receipt coupon, the Load & Go spend threshold and the new load and use a Load & Go are only useable Monday to Thursday. So yes, a weekday is better.

And yes, you can only get the receipt coupon on a Friday to Sunday purchase where you do not meet the weekend spend threshold bonus offer. That's why I only make a small purchase on the weekend and save up for weekday shops.

Though, Donald my Hero (I think) has previously confirmed that those $5 off $25 survey coupons are not stackable in some stores/areas.

So my AM posted from yesterday's trial purchase at Rexall. Only 2 AM posted. The bonus 50 did not show up. I did read the terms and conditions but it eluded to "weekend offers". I used a load and go offer that was good until June 29 (not specific to a weekend use) so I thought it might go through. I needed to make a small purchase to get my spend $30 get 50AM coupon anyway so it was a good opportunity to test how this offer works. For reference the Load and Go item was the only item purchased so that I could test the theory.

Safe to say use the "Use a load and go" during the Monday-Thursday timeframe. (if the 50AM show up later today as a delayed posting I will let everyone know)

Not sure why, but only 100 of the 400 AM from the Soar into More promotion were posted to my account. Anyone else get a partial post? Guess I'll be on the phone to Amex.
Someone earlier posted that theirs had gone through. I have yet to see anything for mine. I made a $199 purchase on June 2nd and a $1.59 purchase on June 5th. I was thinking nothing would post till the event is over (July 31st) so it will be interesting to see what happens. Keep us informed if you get more information please.

Limited-time offer:
Get 50 Bonus Miles just for loading and using a Rexall offer from
the AIR MILES® App or from loadandgo.airmiles.ca. Offer valid June 16 to 29, 2017.*

* Excludes any weekend offers occurring from Friday to Sunday.

I still don't understand exactly what this means. I'm reading it that I can use the offer Friday to Sunday as long as I don't use it for a loadandgo offer for specific for those days? I can use it for an offer that is week long even if I make the purchase on those days??

Sorry, I just need clarification written for a seven year old.....lol.
TIA everyone.

Does anyone know if we can have bonus AM more than once when booking thru Travel Hub? Let say I book one night for 130$ at hotel 1 and then another hotel for 3 nights for 140$/night, will I get the bonus 250 AM for my first stay and the bonus 500 AM for my second one?

Limited-time offer:
Get 50 Bonus Miles just for loading and using a Rexall offer from
the AIR MILES® App or from loadandgo.airmiles.ca. Offer valid June 16 to 29, 2017.*

* Excludes any weekend offers occurring from Friday to Sunday.

I still don't understand exactly what this means. I'm reading it that I can use the offer Friday to Sunday as long as I don't use it for a loadandgo offer for specific for those days? I can use it for an offer that is week long even if I make the purchase on those days??

Sorry, I just need clarification written for a seven year old.....lol.
TIA everyone.

Which is why I tried it. I had a load and go for some facial sponges ($3.99). I got the AM from the Load and Go but I haven't seen the bonus 50AM in my account yet. I don't know if this is because I purchased something on Friday or if the AM are a delayed posting. We won't know until someone else tries on Monday and report back how theirs posted. If you haven't yet purchased anything I would suggest waiting until Monday at least before trying it. I plan to wait until someone else reports their experience before I try again. All my other loaded offers are more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter