Air Miles Q - Adding on a day to WDW Passes?

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I have already purchased and received 4, 5 day WDW passes. Then, we found direct flights and decided to add on two days to our trip, which we were going to happily spread out as resort days to relax during our vacation. Then, DH started thinking we should take advantage of going to Magic Kingdom for the fireworks on NYE since we will be there. In order to maximize our time, I think we should add another day of tickets. I would prefer not to do that when we get there as an add-on (I assume like adding on PH) since this means we won't get great FP+ use. Is the only way to do this to pay out of pocket now and add on another day? Will the price be discounted at all as additional days of tickets are cheaper the more you add? Or is there a way to use Air Miles for another day (I am Onyx and thought I could get that shopper thing to look into this as I have never used that service before).

Thanks!

OK ... first off -- don't even bother with the personal shopper service, several of us on the Airmiles Alert thread have discovered it is a HUGE mark up to get someone else to buy what you can find yourself cheaper!

Did you get the tickets when it was the discounted exchange certificates being offered? IF so, adding extra days, park hoppers or anything will essentially eliminate any discount you already have because they will only be honoured at face value and you will need to fork over a LOT of cash.

I would suggest looking at getting tickets for one of the Christmas Parties. You will get access to the Magic Kingdom at 4 pm (even though party starts at 7), have slightly lower crowds to wade thru and won't be at a disadvantage regarding FP+ because those aren't offered during party hours.

Thanks so much Jacqueline! I hadn't thought about the option of doing a party - I didn't know they did one for New Year's Eve, but it does make sense. You don't need park admission + party ticket?

They don't do a Christmas party on Nye. The Christmas parties usually end a few days before Christmas...I think the 22nd.

Thanks so much Jacqueline! I hadn't thought about the option of doing a party - I didn't know they did one for New Year's Eve, but it does make sense. You don't need park admission + party ticket?

They don't do a Christmas party on Nye. The Christmas parties usually end a few days before Christmas...I think the 22nd.
My bad -- i wasn't thinking you would go to the party on NYE but rather a different day so you could use actual tickets to enter a park on NYE. Side note though, most of the parks will reach capacity at that time of year so don't count on being able to hop between the parks on the actual day of the 31st -- pick the park you most want to be in for the fireworks.

And to answer your question about party tickets, no you do not need a regular admission ticket as well. Regardless of what you end up doing you'll have a blast!

If they are resident discount tickets you cannot upgade them without losing your discount. Tried calling myself and speaking with them to see if anything they could do but werent willing to budge on it

How do I know if my exchange certificate was for discounted tickets? I bought it Oct 2016.

How do I know if my exchange certificate was for discounted tickets? I bought it Oct 2016.

If you got a plastic ticket, you have a regular ticket. If you received a green paper coupon, it's discounted and you will need to show a valud canadian passport on your first park visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter