afternoon tea at GF

disney queen

DIS Veteran
we have done this several times and my husband has always gotten the buckingham. this time he is considering "Prince Edward's Tea." any comments or thoughts about this selection? thanks!:tongue:

Originally posted by disney queen
we have done this several times and my husband has always gotten the buckingham. this time he is considering "Prince Edward's Tea." any comments or thoughts about this selection? thanks!:tongue:
Excellent choice. I always have Prince Edward's Tea while DW usually has the Buckingham Palace tea.

Have you tried the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea? It's my favorite.

Ralph

DH had the Prince Edward's tea last time and loved it. He has tried one or two other options but this is his new fav.

Took

Another fan of the cinnamon spice tea - make sure to buy a tin from the GF before you leave! It wasn't cheap, but a little goes a long way - our server told us to use less than called for on the tin.

MEM,
I love the cinnamon spice tea! I didn't know you could buy it! Where???? Right from the server or from the gift shop?

We bought it from the server but I bet if you asked at the front podium they would get it for you. We also bought the special Garden View blend. I will check when I get home about the price but it was high...I kept reminding myself how many pots I could get out of the one tin!

I can vouch for it being hard to get in- there was nothing available at all except for one seating left for our Dec. trip. We took it because its our anniversary that day and we really want to try it.
However, we have dinner all set for California Grill for that night. Obviously, we cant stuff ourselves at the tea or we will have no appetite for CG.
Is it acceptable to order tea and just a small pastry rather than all the sandwiches etc?

I think all the food and tea choices are very good at the Garden Lounge, but it really depends on what your taste are to say one way or the other.

The last time I had The Grand Tea and didn't exactly care for all the tea sandwiches. ..but still enjoyed afternoon tea.

My next time I will either go with Sally Lunn Tea or A La Carte offerings with some champagne or mimosa on the side.

I also enjoy the more traditional tea offerings:
English Breakfast - Pure China Black tea
Earl Grey - Four types of tea infused with Oil of Bergamot and a touch of citrus flavoring
Irish Breakfast - A rich, smooth and full bodied tea with a quiet taste

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter